Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PEEHS - Famous Women Picture Quiz

Options
  • 19-03-2020 11:18pm

Hello Forum Gamers,

As both a somewhat belated tribute to International Women's Day (celebrated on 8th March every year), and as part of the fight against COVID 19-induced cabin fever, I've devised a 10-round PEEHS Picture quiz with various women of renown throughout the world.

The goal of PEEHS is to give the least popular answer for each round - the one you think nobody else will submit. You get one point for each (correct) answer you submit, plus an additional point for every other player that submits the same answer. An incorrect answer scores 1.5 times the highest score.

The winner will be the person with the lowest score at the end of the game; if you've ever watched Pointless with Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman, then you'll know the drill.

Here's a quick example for any newbies who still may not be sure:
    e.g. 10 players are playing and are asked to name a colour.
    5 players say red - they each score five points
    3 players say yellow - they each score three points
    1 player says black - they score one point and should be very happy
    1 player says fish - they get 7.5 points and should probably read the question more carefully in future

The usual PEEHS rules apply:

NO GOOGLING: This is an honour-based game. You shall not use the wicked Google machine or any other illicit source for information. Baby Jesus is always watching, and his tears will haunt you in your sleep if you cheat.

NO POSTING ANSWERS/CLUES ON THREAD. Please PM me with your answers.

Spellings aren't too important once there's been a reasonable attempt made; however, any answer along the line of "yer one from that thing" will not be accepted! :p

Also just to note that the order of the images in each round is completely random, so don't go looking for any patterns (alphabetical, chronological, etc) because you won't find any! ;)

There's no set deadline yet - I'll leave it run until I get enough submissions.

So enough rambling, here are your ten rounds; please choose one name from each round and then PM ME with your list of names.

And best of luck everyone. :)

1. Actresses
    All of these women have won the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
    W0wuNCz.jpg

2. Singers
    All of these women have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, either as a solo artist or as part of a group or duo
    yBSQ7aa.jpg

3. Sport
    All of these women are famous sportswomen - no further elaboration needed
    vcrKslM.jpg

4. Politics
    All of these women have served as the head of government of a country at some point in time
    yV7koIT.jpg

5. Literature
    All of these women are famous writers, across various literary fields (fiction, non-fiction, poetry etc.)
    E0JURFi.jpg

6. Nobel Prize
    All of these women have received a Nobel Prize in (at least) one discipline
    gc4y7W1.jpg

7. TIME Magazine's Women of the Century
    All of these women have been named in TIME Magazine's "Women of the Century" list, published in March 2020
    SD9lt5x.jpg

8. Fictional
    All of these women are animated - for the avoidance of doubt, I want the name of the character, not the name of the movie/series they appear in
    LuHlkHC.jpg

9. Mná na hÉireann
    All of these women are celebrated Irish women across various disciplines
    H5haYjc.jpg

10. Various
    All of these women are simply famous women across various disciplines
    rjC7WS6.jpg

This is my first time running a game so I'm hoping I've pitched it at the right level. If it goes well I'll do a male one for International Men's Day (though that's not until November!)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

9. Mná na hÉireann
    All of these women are celebrated Irish women across various disciplines
    H5haYjc.jpg

I would like to make it quite clear that the woman in the first picture was most definitely NOT celebrated. Anyone who recognises her will know exactly why!

Looks like a fun game btw Homer, thanks for running it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Is it bad the one I know the most in is the fictional category?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sent

giphy.gif

Right I never win these feckin' things so I have a new tactic. I'm putting the numbers 1-8 in a bowl and pulling out a random number for each category and just naming that person. I know most but certainly not all of these so if I choose a person I don't know, I'll have an educated guess or else just pull a different number.

Maybe this will be the secret to success!!! Here goes...

I would like to play :) I shall submit soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is it bad the one I know the most in is the fictional category?

It's the only one I know them all :D

Ah what a sh!tshow. This tactic has given me the worst answers ever. Oh well I'm committed now so.. shall submit..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I haven't shamed myself publicly in a while now , so time to rectify that I think :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I haven't shamed myself publicly in a while now , so time to rectify that I think :p

Don't worry, I'm taking home the wooden spoon for this one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

in-gif-2.gif

IN

I changed one of them at the last second.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Looks good Homer, interesting collection of the great and the good, and...
    SedJ1HgndiJf.gif

Will definitely enter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Got mine in :)

11 entries received thus far.

Keep 'em coming folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Aagh my movie knowledge is going to kill me here - I don't know any of the actresses :(

Will have to guess

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Homer - do we need a first name and does it matter whether its maiden or married name?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Homer - do we need a first name and does it matter whether its maiden or married name?

I'll accept a surname.
    Maiden or married - either/or is fine.

I'll accept a surname.
    Maiden or married - either/or is fine.

Thanks

Will they all be lumped in together?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Thanks

Will they all be lumped in together?

If they refer to the same person in a particular round then yes, they'd be counted together.
    So if one player says Shaniqua Maiden Name and another says Shaniqua Married Name they'd count as the same answer, assuming they refer to the same Shaniqua.

*There are no Shaniqua's in the quiz, I just needed a neutral name for the example! :p

• Advertisement

My Shaniquas are unique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Entered! That was harder than I thought! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Are the 'Irish' women in Q9 from the island of Ireland or just the Republic?

Don't close before I enter!

Reberetta wrote: »
    Are the 'Irish' women in Q9 from the island of Ireland or just the Republic?

Don't close before I enter!

Hmm, interesting question. I think in this case that they're all from the Republic of Ireland (open to correction on that), however I didn't intentionally disregard any Northern Irish women - I just happened to pick those eight for this round.

Would a Northern Irish woman have been valid for inclusion here? Yes, but I don't think any of them happen to be (again, open to correction).

Perhaps I should have included Arlene Foster, I'm sure she'd have loved that! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I know all the actors and all the Mna.

20-twenty.jpg

We've got 20 entries now! :D
    Still plenty of time so let's see if we can make it 25, maybe even 30?!!

Our current roster of lovely participants:

aaronjennings
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    BuileBeag
    Collie D
    davetherave
    Declan A Walsh
    Green&Red
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Kolido
    lassykk
    munster87
    mustang shelly
    Persepoly
    quickbeam
    ShaneU
    Siobh73
    sKeith
    twirlagig
    yozico
    Zaph

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tenor.gif?itemid=15040201

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In as well :)

Lovely stuff. 23 entries now! \o/

Been trying out the Sheepulator - Jesus, this thing is magnificent!! Is there anything it can't do? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Hi. New to these parts, I'll have a go at this :)

Advertisement