Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storm Aiden - Saturday October 31st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yeah most of the heaviest rain gone through early in the morning.

Thank you, those charts are exactly what I was looking for.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Met Eireann in the forecast 'some severe and damaging gusts occurring towards dawn, especially in parts of Munster and south Leinster.'

Shows up well on HARMONIE

2s38CD7.gif

dPo4eDp.png

PlYkA55.png

pCQm2zQ.png

PlYkA55.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sods law sea area's outside my 5km limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

We usually bring mother up to ours or to one of my sisters but she is saying that she is sick of being shunted out of her home every time a bit of wind is forecast and staying put. She would have to come to mine as she is in our social bubble with the covid. I dont blame her. The nonsense with these warnings every time a gale comes in. The country is in enough of a mess and older people stressed out enough without orange warnings. Yes it will be windy and im sure it will blow a good gale but let's review the warning systems and increase rhe warning level thresholds. Bit of a rant but I'm annoyed.

Don't blame Met Éireann if people overreact. I'm pretty sure they don't advise evacuating the elderly from their homes in advance of a typical storm. People working in exposed places outdoors need the warnings. An elderly lady shouldn't worry about it, unless she's planning to go for a morning swim or a hike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Well that rain did not last long no way was it spreading North East as was said on the forecast heading north West now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy rain belting off the windows here in Castlebar.

11pm TAF's out
    Max forecast gusts at airports tomorrow

Cork: 53 knots between 5am-7am
    Dublin:42 knots between 8am-10am (40% chance of gusts up to 47 knots between 8am-11am)
    Shannon:47 knots between 7am-9am
    Knock:No TAF update as airport is closed tomorrow and will be closed from 14th November until further notice due to a total collapse in passenger numbers arising from the COVID situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The breeze has increased slightly in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭pad199207

Winds picking up in Kildare and a big increase in temps.

Lots of bright returns on the radar down in the SW. wouldn't rule out a flash or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looks like the new pulse of rain coming in will be the main one that will move North East

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Some showers in cork city, heavy drizzle now, radar shows more on the way though. Gusts starting to increase a bit too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭pauldry

120kph is the gust speed when things get dangerous. Dont know if this will be reached apart from coastal remote spots.

Sligo will likely get over 100 possibly 110. At midday tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

Wind after picking up a bit here now on the south coast of Cork. Some strong gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

getting wild in east cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Here in Mid Cork too.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dancewithme

Lashing rain here in North galway. Wind a normal Galway level at the moment,in other words don't bother getting your hair blowdried in the hairdresser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

Wind just came up out of nowhere here Kilkenny/ laois birder, can hear it in the chimneys and whipping outside, gonna be a rough night

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Ok love the weather threads on here,in lay mans terms the nippers want the halloween decos out tomorrow,i stick on a mighty display for them,north dublin,if i stick them out will they end up in wales ??planing on hitting the garden in the morning,
    ps as always much appreciate the weather threads,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭pad199207

It was 5°c at around 8pm. Now it’s nudging 15°c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

pad199207 wrote: »

Can't beat a bit of warm rain, tipping it down here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

pad199207 wrote: »

Was I imaging that it got so warm tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lashing here in East Clare...

Wind after really picking up in cork city in the last 15 mins or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

The rain is beginning to incessantly drum at our windows here in the NW as the wind forcefully whistles through the rafters. It’s going to be a long night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Be grand.
    Always is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Storm Aidan has arrived. Gusts are getting severe near Limerick City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Very wet for the last hour or so in North Donegal.
    No sign of the big winds yet, think they aren't landing until early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Oh wow, the gusts are extremely strong here in Cork city. A powerful one just woke me up. I’m nervous now at the thought that the orange weather warning doesn’t start here for another two hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Jizique

Aquals wrote: »
    Oh wow, the gusts are extremely strong here in Cork city. A powerful one just woke me up. I’m nervous now at the thought that the orange weather warning doesn’t start here for another two hours!

Glorious night in Dublin, lovely full moon and no sign of wind nor rain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

Woke me in Cork too - wind’s howling quite loudly.

Not too bad in waterford, blustery and warm. Few idiots have left bins out and 1 already gone over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

dmc17 wrote: »
    I thought they named it after Dr Aidan Nulty

They did! It is a typo and they will never now admit to it! :rolleyes:

Well a "storm by any other name"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Can't sleep in Cork City
    Tis wild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Gone fair wild in East Clare now...

Deluging and wind rising out here. And feels much colder

Aidan is stamping his hobnailed boot feet.. Bad mannered oaf! NO consideration for folk needing their sleep.

All chaos here so if I vanish? Worry not.. Cannot get through to my family in Canada

Here they made a mess of my prescription and I have no pain relief.

I think the storm is going to be a welcome diversion and the least of my worries.

Stay safe out there. We are all safe here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Thepillowman

Wind picking up in East Clare at the moment can hear the sound of the lake about a km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Starting to get a bit lively in East Cork now. Cant sleep myself, up at table with coffee, rest of family in bed asleep, peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Started to rise here in north KILKENNY,our ping time is 5am-10am hope everything is ok in the morning, graces7 where in beautiful mayo are you.ive worked for years in mayo and my mum is originally from Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EastCork2018

After waking in East Cork now myself to howling winds, gusting right in off the coast in Ballycotton. Sounds like it's gradually picking up, also very mild.

• Advertisement

Winds picked up in waterford and started to rain again.

Looks like a right squall line developing east of cork running up the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The rain finally stopped.

I nipped outside to move a couple of planters to a safe corner for the impeding winds later.

It was strange. Not a breath of wind, perfectly calm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Lashing and blustery in East Galway, the warnings dont kick in til 8am so its gona be intresting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s been wild all night in Carlow and my 3 year old decided to get up at 4 am. Listening to the wind mixed with fireman Sam. Orange warning only kicking in now but it’s been a wild sleepless night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Winds have strengthened here, have to be a bit cautious with external doors, few heavyish periods of rain but mostly fast passing squalls now. Radar shows longer periods in an hour or so.. Galway city

Wildly erratic and gusty now. A silence then POW. Another deluge pounding in in

West Mayo offshore

Winds have strengthened here, have to be a bit cautious with external doors, few heavyish periods of rain but mostly fast passing squalls now. Radar shows longer periods in an hour or so.. Galway city

Doors! I have the old dog lead looped through the grab rail by the door and then round the door handle - and a huge rock behind the door..

And yes, just the hors d' oeuvres being served now.

JEEPERS! Such a gust just now! Startled!

West Mayo offshore

Woken up by three strong gusts hitting the house in cork city, usually sleep through these

Edit: seems to be not constant, picking up and then dying for 10 mins And then picking up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain just suddenly started here in meath, utter silence before that, no wind, no rain then the rain arrived and its real heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Consistent rain with gusts the past hour in North kilkenny.

Advertisement