Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Took me to the end of legion to realise you can do the 110 class trial right up to unlocking your first artifact weapon.

Did it as a DK last night and really enjoyed it. I've never, ever, played Melee and I've been playing WoW since vanilla! I think I may have to use my BFA boost on him and start BFA as a filthy melee.

Side note: The combat is a lot more satisfying up close. The animations are a lot nice than casting and healing, imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd hold off using your boost until 8.0 hits. There are a lot of class changes, and the DK does play different from what i've seen. Try them on the PTR if you don't mind the download (it's only about 1GB if you start the install, then kill the launcher and copy your game directory to the PTR install location).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

nix wrote: »
    Any word on if they are keeping the artifact weapons? or back to standard searching for upgrades?

I dont think ill be returning for this expansion either way, i logged back in with the free week promo last week. And i literally logged in, couldnt think of anything to do that would be fun/worthwhile and then logged back out and that was that..

Id like to play another MMO but no idea where to go :(

Well that lasted a little over 2 months, ive since purchased BFA and am currently leveling a void elf warlock :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

legion most i played since wrath, hopefully bfa keeps that trend going. Still playing on druiid and alts that said ilvl 935 and eh never done a mythic still im assuming my ilvl is good haha. Anyway im guildless these days and on bladefist if any irish guild or casual guilds recruiting from here gimmy a shout on poetaetoes or mortalis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

Tempted to resub before launch. Had my fill of Legion and ended my sub. Much going on at the moment or will I wait a bit closer to launch???

yeah eh the pre patch has really ****ed the game up i'd wait a week or two and keep an eye on the patch notes, never seen wow so bugged it's pretty anoying at the moment. Raid bosses bugging out, trash mobs out of balance, xp nerf apparently if your leveling, unkilled world quest boss mobs etc, was doing some large scale pvp and they didnt re balance the vehicles so some people in like boulder throwing things were hitting people for like 300k dmg when the stat squish made my tank former 11mil hp to 47k hp yea one hit killed out entire pvp raid, utter mess! im sure that guy felt epic tho lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This has been woeful from Blizzard. Its like the latch went through no QA at all. Very poor given their usual standards.

I didn't realise how much specs were changing in BFA. Initially I wanted to play Paladin but I'm not sure I enjoy it as much post patch. It just feels slightly off or something.

I'm away on holidays currently so hopefully things will be settled when I get home. I want to try out Survival Hunter, especially for Pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

MagicIRL wrote: »
    This has been woeful from Blizzard. Its like the latch went through no QA at all. Very poor given their usual standards.

I didn't realise how much specs were changing in BFA. Initially I wanted to play Paladin but I'm not sure I enjoy it as much post patch. It just feels slightly off or something.

I'm away on holidays currently so hopefully things will be settled when I get home. I want to try out Survival Hunter, especially for Pvp.

Yeah i used my boost on a void elf warlock, was having fun with him until the patch, now he's a bag of shite :(

So im leveling a void elf rogue, good aul trusty rogue! :D

First of the Warbringer shots has been released. And its very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BeerFarts

Any Irish guilds going at all for BfA? I'm on Draenor horde

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i resubbed last week to the live client having played a good bit of the beta just testing out the new specs and how they played.
    Playing mostly warlock and mage on live and im torn between both, the new demonology is probably the spec i enjoyed most in the beta but im concerned about its lack of mobility for raiding and M+ compared to the mage.
    While demo is awesome fun ive never been a fan of affliction and still dont really enjoy it, destruction is ok but ill probably want to only play Demo if i main a warlock for BFA which isnt ideal
    Mage on the other hand i really enjoy fire and frost, i havent tried arcane yet but was never a fan before.
    If destruction felt as good as fire or frost to me then id be sorted.

Decisions decisions !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Thing about testing specs now is - apparently this is not how they play at 120. They are much slower at max level or some such so it's said from various sources on teh interwebs. I've not tried the beta (even though I had access for months at this point) so I can't speak from personal experience on it.
    Also many classes are not (and will not be) tuned for BFA release. Blizzard have admitted that themselves. The 8.1 patch is supposed to finish off the tuning.

As far as leveling goes since the squish - what a complete mess.
    Dungeons - avoid like the plague. It takes 15 minutes to down a single boss. They take forever to finish now and the rewards are meh. Questing is way quicker.
    That said, while questing you will run into a few mobs that will smash your cakehole and leave you whimpering in a corner. And there is nothing you can do except report it, abandon it and move on.

Pre-patch is always a clusterfcuk, but this one feels especially bad. None the less, it is playable and I guess, something to do before launch.

To be honest ive watched countless vids from the big youtubers and nobody mentions slowdown at 120.
    Im not saying your wrong because i cant verify this myself as i only got my toon in the beta to 112 the rest i just messed about in training dummies with builds and rotations as i wanted the game to be fresh for me on release.
    But overall the GCD has slowed some specs but not all, i dont get how they can be any slower at 120 though.

Some shaman specs and shadow priest were not tuned in time yes and will come in a future update.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

Warbringers: Sylvanas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »
    To be honest ive watched countless vids from the big youtubers and nobody mentions slowdown at 120.

Aye like I said, not tested it myself. Just something I've heard from a few sources but something I'll have to wait and see for myself at 120.

Noxin wrote: »
    Aye like I said, not tested it myself. Just something I've heard from a few sources but something I'll have to wait and see for myself at 120.

The GCD is noticeable for sure but i cant see it bothers me personally.

Fury warrior for example its barely noticeable at all but i do notice it a bit on my casters.

I broke my feckin arm the other day cause 3 **** tried to rob my house and I can't play left handed ughhh

Managed to finish the last dark shore bit one handed tho I had to for the mount !!! That invasion of undercity is a permanent start to bfa ? Not just pre event stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My PC died so im saving up for a new one, so im gonna miss the start of BFA.

And judging by initial impressions i wont be missing much.

Vicxas wrote: »
    My PC died so im saving up for a new one, so im gonna miss the start of BFA.

And judging by initial impressions i wont be missing much.

I dunno theres a tonne of content coming with new features like island expeditions and warfronts both which like like amazing fun even longterm not to mention the standard additions like raids and dungeons gear etc, loads of new class changes almost all which improve gameplay.
    Ive heard nothing bad from the top youtubers and streamers who bothered to play to max level and experience some of the endgame.

Hope your not too long waiting on a new pc.

@Lone Stone swift recovery with your arm.

Meanwhile

• Advertisement

That's a great cinematic, and really shows the Horde in a much better light. Especially after the cluster**** that is the burning of Teldrassil. I'm assuming this is setting up Saurfang as the new Warchief, and Sylvanas will be removed in one way or another (i.e. Garrosh 2.0).

for the forsaken !!! **** that traitor saurfang :mad: 3rd faction coming at the end of bfa

That Saurfang one was awesome and the Jaina one was whopper too.

The Sylvanas one im not 100% sure why people are shocked, shes a Banshee queen and the undead only joined the Horde as it was convenient. They dont have much honour going around....

I think people were just expecting something else to have happened to Teldrassil, as Blizz has talked about their being a surprise and that the horde were morally grey. Not much grey about firebombing a city with hundreds of civilians in it.

Agreed though, not exactly surprising given other things she has done.

it seems more horde civil war than red vs blue, be interesting to see if we get any alliance side inner conflict perhaps the azerite is not all it appears, also i read the bfa book and
    gallywix may be to blame as he refers to a power play for controle of the horde if i recall correctly perhaps he is up to something with that staff

lft hand typing eh errors maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Lone Stone wrote: »
    it seems more horde civil war than red vs blue, be interesting to see if we get any alliance side inner conflict perhaps the azerite is not all it appears, also i read the bfa book and
    gallywix may be to blame as he refers to a power play for controle of the horde if i recall correctly perhaps he is up to something with that staff

lft hand typing eh errors maybe

I loves old soldier , the story telling across multiple media bit them in the ass though.

It's also funny now the alliance are going mad as they don't get good character development.

I look forward to saurfangs horde.

Alliance havent had a good inner conflict, they're all far too getting along. I'd like to see the Night Elves go rogue over Teldrassil or something.

i feel like bfa will lead to a big faction mix up or 3rd faction, and the shots with anduin in uc was shot for shot arthas coming to kill his father in wc3 and the comparisons to him and arthas in the books i think they are foreshadowing some dark **** for little goody two shoes, i was a bit iffy of the sylvanas burning the tree but im absolutely loving the new focus on story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i feel like bfa will lead to a big faction mix up or 3rd faction, and the shots with anduin in uc was shot for shot arthas coming to kill his father in wc3 and the comparisons to him and arthas in the books i think they are foreshadowing some dark **** for little goody two shoes, i was a bit iffy of the sylvanas burning the tree but im absolutely loving the new focus on story.

I think Sylvanas will pull some of the alliance down to her level.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Calhoun wrote: »
    I think Sylvanas will pull some of the alliance down to her level.
    You mean up? :P

Advertisement