Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

paw patrol wrote: »
    do people have different loadouts for warzone or just stick to the same one?
    I assume some may prefer AR and Snipers initially and then SMGs in the last 10.

I would only have one - M4A1 and HDR.
    just wondering?

I've a few - less that I used to :p

Really, it's focused on getting my M4A1 with some variations.
    I've four main versions of this
    One with a FL pistol (for solos - usually assuming I'll pick up a Dream Dasher or Halycon Days etc)
    One with a Pila (for teams - depending on who I'm playing with)
    One with Overkill (with either an MP5, or MP7)
    One with Fully Loaded (post-Gulag)

I've upgraded my Kilo, Ram and M13, and working on AMAX now as well - but I really don't think I'll swap away from M4 long term.

Then, I've a couple of SMG classes with Ghost and a FL pistol for a second loadout.
    That said, if I buy a loadout now, and the second one drops favourably in the circle, I'll avoid getting it - and keep it as a back-up should I go Gulag earlier (so very glad Snipers are gone from Gulag for now, had a success rate of about 1 in 10)

Had a fun Saturday playing. Went three straight games with 0 kills, and died in Gulag.
    Was getting very frustrated, but dived back in for one last go.
    Ended up getting back-to-back solo wins with 8 and 5 kills. A well placed airstrike against a Stun Grenade wielding Riot Shielder to clinch the second was a special moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my brother's really started stealing my kills recently. Just had a couple of games and ended up with 1900 damage and no kills. He had less damage and 8-9 kills. I don't know how it decided who gets the kills. Several times I've put the guy down who's downed him and he gets the kill. Is it the "don't give it to gimli"alithogram?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Whoever downs the enemy gets the kill

not always, I have downed the guy who has downed my brother and he's gotten the kill, this has happened several times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Saw a video saying if you do 30 or more damage and land the shot that downs them, you get the kill.
    It was about a ten minute video, I skipped towards the end because it was quite boring.

So, if your bro was in a 1v1, and got downed leaving the enemy with min health, chances are he'd done all the work and that's how he nabs the kill.

Let him regen a little, and then finish him off! Sure, it might mean you're too late to revive your bro, but that's war...

• Advertisement

that makes sense, it's a little unfair if he has done 225 damage and I pop the dude in one bullet.
    it's happened a few times with me and not just with the brother, never seems to be the other way round
    yesterday was insane though 1900 damage and no kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just had a couple of games and ended up with 1900 damage and no kills.

is there anything more frustrating than wracking up the loads of damage - multiple downs and still no kills...contemplating all this while sitting in gulag awaiting you match

yesterday I shot a guy with an smg put him down but he dropped just over the brow of a hill into my brother's eyeline who finished him and got the kill. If I wasn't so used to it at this stage I'd be upset.
    Started using the Kilo and I like.The CR-AMX is brilliant up close but it's so much easier to get kills at distance with the other guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone else with this issue ? Can’t get game going on ps5 have deleted and re installed twice now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

They say form is temporary and class is permanent. 11 kill solos win. Yippie kay yay mother****ers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I just posted this on Reddit, but it may be of interest to some of you.

There is a new Recon contract on the train. It always spawns in the middle carriage - and the beacon for it is always also on the train (which is cool) but here is the kicker. It respawns about 40 seconds after you do it. So you can stay on the train and do infinite Recons.

Been really enjoying WZ of late. Had first win in months on Saturday, breaking a run of 8-9 2nd places. I did get molested in the evening session however. Overall it feels easier since Blops launched, although maybe it's better to say it doesn't feel as difficult. If anything the ping and connection seem to have improved

So used the infinite recons trick again there (can confirm, it works every time).

Got a final location up in the forested mountain. Final 3, one in a truck. Second time this has happened to me, I was forced to take out the truck, then killed by the last guy. I abhor trucks, they are OP in the end.

Won two games there using the train recons. Made a little howto video and stuck it on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/k0zc7d/how_to_get_easy_warzone_wins_train_recons/

ah man that has to be unintentional, the train's going to get real busy unless they patch that out quick

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ah man that has to be unintentional, the train's going to get real busy unless they patch that out quick

Yeah, either they fix it or the community realises that at any given time there is probably a team on the train doing recons. If so they'll get shot to bits.

Looked for it in a solos game and couldn't see it.

Now it's there. Ha, unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I haven't played this since the new game came out. I might give it a go at the weekend. The Recon/train trick sounds good! :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

errlloyd wrote: »
    I abhor trucks, they are OP in the end.

had my best game ever at weekend - 2nd in solos , 10 kills - 4 by truck:pac:.
    Truck killing is a skill :)

I really commanded the last 20 though , this was what pleased me most , 5 kills of the final 20 were me. Unfortunate not to win but I was happy. My normal loadout of M4A1 and HDR.

played a few quads and I'm still sh1te. difference in solos and quads is unreal:o

I did a built to replicate the "drawn & quartered" (almost - changed laser for the Solozero NVG Enhanced) which was a fav gun of mine previously. worked well when used.

I hate my kids - all 3 of them do this..they want to play (they don't like COD so we can't interchange ) so they sit there watching me silently willing me to die and rage quit...the negative vibes off them :mad:

• Advertisement

I can't get vehicle kills, a few months ago I rammed a guy in a jeep, he flew 20 feet through the air crashed off a wall and killed me as I got out of the vehicle. Got a real satisfying one yesterday in solos in a truck.

Went to the load out drop and there was five of them, 3 stacked on top of each other. A guy right there. A game of truck and mouse ensued. I gave up and drove off when suddenly I changed my mind, swung round and smashed into the loadout tower, he was behind it. God it felt good.

Sorry to hear about your kids most of my friends find theirs essential for ranking up guns and camo challenges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

paw patrol wrote: »
    I hate my kids - all 3 of them do this..they want to play (they don't like COD so we can't interchange ) so they sit there watching me silently willing me to die and rage quit...the negative vibes off them :mad:

sell them for COD points IMO and then you can have 0 kids and 3 blueprints

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    sell them for COD points IMO and then you can have 0 kids and 3 blueprints

that made me laugh!

Trucks are for twats. Came 9th a couple of days ago and spectated. Three trucks and an SUV in the final six.

These were tactics when the game first came out. Why have they made such a resurgence?

maybe a counter to the Juggernaught or the fact that C4 has been nerfed and people just realised that makes trucks stronger? I started using the RPG again recently, I'd forgotten how good it is in certain situations.

They definately nerfed trucks in that it feels more difficult to run folk over and I'm not becoming road kill much myself.

Sheilds are my pet hate right now. Had a second place yesterday. 13 kills, 7 completed contracts. 1v1 versus a guy with molotovs, stuns, a shield, and restock. I still haven't got the hang of how you're supposed to beat that 1v1 in open ground?

Sheilds are my pet hate right now. Had a second place yesterday. 13 kills, 7 completed contracts. 1v1 versus a guy with molotovs, stuns, a shield, and restock. I still haven't got the hang of how you're supposed to beat that 1v1 in open ground?

Shoot at the feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Trucks are for twats. Came 9th a couple of days ago and spectated. Three trucks and an SUV in the final six.

These were tactics when the game first came out. Why have they made such a resurgence?

because they nerfed c4 due to the youtube / streamer crybabies.

and thats the fact of the matter,

Shoot at the feet.

I use the VAL (which is my choice to be fair) 30 round mag that you CHEW through. So the risk is I don't down shooting at feet and get caught reloading.

• Advertisement

I use the VAL (which is my choice to be fair) 30 round mag that you CHEW through. So the risk is I don't down shooting at feet and get caught reloading.

The only reason I suggested it is I thought I had a guy in the train station the other day and didn't even bother trying to stay quiet with the shield. Just went straight up and when I looked at the killcam he'd absolutely mangled my feet

Advertisement