Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Got it finally, never want to see that Superstore kip again for a while

This has got me thinking, along with an earlier post about dropping in on the train every time, where is your go to haunt? I habitually head for the Boneyard.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Port or Park then push to downtown

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I am very comfortable in Hospital, Downtown, and the area around the airport.

I am pretty uncomfortable anywhere in the northern sector of map. Quarry is my least favourite, but don't love the dam or mili or Lozoff pass at all. I don't think I am any worse up there, I just find it tough to predict where the enemies are likely to be, and tough to manoeuvre to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Penfailed wrote: »
    This has got me thinking, along with an earlier post about dropping in on the train every time, where is your go to haunt? I habitually head for the Boneyard.

Bunker at park, south junkyard bunker or the gulag, but if any of those look overrun I’ll veer off.

I managed to get all the 'treats' this morning! The flight path was well away from the final one I needed at the dam. Dropped in and 'chuted across the map towards the dam, only to see a helicopter heading that way too on the mini map. It was quicker. I landed in and ran to a cache...bingo! I was so pleased with myself that when I was immediately mown down from behind I gave the screen the finger and said, "Fúck you, I got there first!" :pac:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

There was a time where we always dropped airport hangars, the side towards TV station, but now, I don't think we could say we favour any area over another.

Usually playing trios or quads though, so we try to hit someplace that would have enough loot for all

Am I the only one here playing Faithless “Insomnia” on repeat in Verdansk at night? God I hope they keep night maps as an option after Halloween....
    errlloyd wrote: »
    It is usually slightly easier to fight from front to back. Mostly because you get the option of stepping off the train, and stepping back on - which is a very powerful option. But if you're at the back and you step off you risk not being able to get back on.

I usually land on the Loco & go prone looking backwards. Oftentime I have my “GPMG” (LMG, Fully Loaded, 150 round mags) and if anyone’s on the train then it’s buh bye, my train now. Very hard to fight forward on that thing.

It’s always worth taking a look at the train even later in the game. Oftentimes there’s a crate in the box carriage (time it right to climb on board) and the last crate on the train often gets missed (people landing mid-train and sweeping forward)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I managed to get all the 'treats' this morning! The flight path was well away from the final one I needed at the dam. Dropped in and 'chuted across the map towards the dam, only to see a helicopter heading that way too on the mini map. It was quicker. I landed in and ran to a cache...bingo! I was so pleased with myself that when I was immediately mown down from behind I gave the screen the finger and said, "Fúck you, I got there first!" :pac:

Exact same thing happened to me last night!

lol

Is it true what I heard that it's now too big for the standard storage space on the PS4? :D

It won't fit on a 250GB one anymore nó

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I love the night mode I really hope they keep it in the rotation.

It would be great to see a changing time mode too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

One left to go for me Superstore. The Dam was bloody hard so many dropping there, I hope Superstore is a bit easier playing Solos hope thats my best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I hope Superstore is a bit easier playing Solos hope thats my best bet

Does anyone want to tell him? :(

Doff wrote: »
    Does anyone want to tell him? :(

No need I think it might be worse then Dam

Superstore, man........

*sits in corner, rocks back & forth*

Finally got it done was reading on reddit about doing it in standard Duos with no fill and I got it on my second drop. Thank God that's finished I can now go back to my safe space of Multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Finally got it done was reading on reddit about doing it in standard Duos with no fill and I got it on my second drop. Thank God that's finished I can now go back to my safe space of Multiplayer

But you're here now with us in Verdansk.
    Stay a while!

I've still got about 4 more to get. Been playing Duos with a mate do we're trying to cover them off together.

Enjoying Zombie mode, it's doing wonders for me ego. I've had a few games in around 16-20 kills (usually with four or five turns as a zombie)

Agreed on Night Mode staying in rotation, would be great.
    Shakes up the loadouts a bit for everyone; thermal, NVG scopes, Cold Blooded etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I haven't needed the NV scope at night it's bright enough, I love the night map but haven't the guts to play zombies. My flipping kdr is sinking. I'm not too pushed but why the hell isn't skill based matchmaking working for me? I'm going have to stop playing drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Haven't played in about 6 weeks. Tunnels. Trains. Zombies. Halloween. WTF have I got myself in for?!

Played a couple of games of Plunder this evening...but it was daytime?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Loving the Zombie Royale. Basically impossible to win but hilarious.

• Advertisement

Played a couple of games of Plunder this evening...but it was daytime?!

I see it's returned to the normal version...except there are still some 'jump scare' caches scattered about the place!

Jesus those jump scare boxes are only funny when they are happening to someone else

Played solos last night to get some easy 10K challanges done and got down to the last 3, one was a bloody pumpkin headed juggernaut who made bits of me and the other guy, how the hell is that even fair :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Loving the Zombie Royale. Basically impossible to win but hilarious.

I've found it quite easy to do very well in it. I hang around the gas for ages. Site seeing. Also, i like the way you can still compete missions even as a Zombie

that new shotgun nerfed already... lovely stuff!!

as much as i give out about shotguns and the fact theyre no skill guns...

i did have great craic with the R9-0 one and dragons breath rounds whe doing the trick or treat crates in plunder, got about 100 kils, even camped the lift in the ATC for the craic the rage being spouted down the mic was truly heartwarming.

they haven't nerfed the AA12 too badly apparently, you can destroy a jugg in seconds if you can get close enough. I know that sounds like "charge a grizzly bear, play dead with a black bear" advice but it works allegedly

gimli2112 wrote: »
    they haven't nerfed the AA12 too badly apparently, you can destroy a jugg in seconds if you can get close enough. I know that sounds like "charge a grizzly bear, play dead with a black bear" advice but it works allegedly

a crossbow can take down a Jugg with one explosive bolt to the head

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    that new shotgun nerfed already... lovely stuff!!

as much as i give out about shotguns and the fact theyre no skill guns...

i did have great craic with the R9-0 one and dragons breath rounds whe doing the trick or treat crates in plunder, got about 100 kils, even camped the lift in the ATC for the craic the rage being spouted down the mic was truly heartwarming.

What's ATC?

it has to be the big tower at the airport. Airport Tower Control?
    You know the one where you absail up the internal lift shaft and there's some clown waiting for you with a shotgun. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement