Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are non-monitored systems an effective deterrent?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

kub wrote: »
    Yes those cameras are great, we installed some around a premises last week, when the camera recognises a human, it announces an audible message and flashes .

Free is great though ;)

Well not free but after 14 days I pay 99 euro which is kinda free for a modern wireless system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

Well not free but after 14 days I pay 99 euro which is kinda free for a modern wireless system

Sorry, that €99, are you paying that per month ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

micosoft wrote: »
    An hour? Gardai policy is not to respond to alarms unless "eyes" are put on the burglar i.e. a video feed confirms. They have better things to be doing than responding to nibbles the cat trying to get in for their whiskers.

Honestly unless you have serious valuables get the cheapest alarm in order to get the discount for your insurance and then use the home insurance to pay in the fairly unlikely event you do get robbed.

That said Covid has had a devastating impact on the Burglary sector what with people being home all the time.

Not exactly devastating;

This is from today's Evening Echo in Cork :

Cork city Gardaí reported a 23pc decrease in burglaries compared to last year. A total of 250 burglaries in the city division took place between January 1 and August 31 of this year. This is in contrast to 325 city burglaries that took place during the same period in 2019. The common times for burglaries are currently between 5pm and 9pm with a peak time of 8pm. Friday and Saturday are the most common days for homes to be targetted. He warned that this could change following lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Not exactly devastating;

This is from today's Evening Echo in Cork :

Cork city Gardaí reported a 23pc decrease in burglaries compared to last year. A total of 250 burglaries in the city division took place between January 1 and August 31 of this year. This is in contrast to 325 city burglaries that took place during the same period in 2019. The common times for burglaries are currently between 5pm and 9pm with a peak time of 8pm. Friday and Saturday are the most common days for homes to be targetted. He warned that this could change following lockdown.

Shows I understand nothing of the mindset of a burglar. 5-9pm is when people are home after work and having dinner of tea. I would have though middle of day or at night when asleep.

Also, surely more likely people be at home at the weekend than during the week, particularly during Covid?!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Sorry, that €99, are you paying that per month ?

No I’m not there’s a monitored fee sorry about the late reply

Advertisement