Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi mesh systems

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    How do you do this now? Just ask Alexa?

Yep that does it. Simple enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I have 3 Deco M5 setup at home. My FTTH is via Pure Telecom 1GB with one puck plugged into the router and the wireless turned off on the Fritz box. Once Deco upstairs with network cable into Sky mini and the 3rd one with same setup in another downstairs room where I also work from. It runs about 100MB down 90MB up on wireless in the room across the hall from the router where I have one of the Deco's setup near me. To be fair the speed is fine and I've no issue but will need to order one more Deco to plug to another sky mini in the extension which is almost finished. This is to also boost the signal to my wife's workplace ( unit at back of the house )....What I'm wondering is would I get a better signal again if I buy a better route (thinking a TP Link one ) or is this a dump question as the Deco is effectively my router now and would be a waster of money.

No you're going to complicate things if you introduce a router into the mesh network and won't gain anything as the mesh network provides the speed. The mesh network already acts as a router anyway. Perhaps I misunderstood your question though.

Are you connected to 2.4ghz or 5ghz wifi network when you get 90-100? The former goes further but is slower than 5ghz. 5ghz is a lot faster though.

You can also merge the connections so you only have one and the mesh network decides if it's over 2.4 or 5ghz. This might be the way you have it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

John_Mc wrote: »
    No you're going to complicate things if you introduce a router into the mesh network and won't gain anything as the mesh network provides the speed. The mesh network already acts as a router anyway. Perhaps I misunderstood your question though.

Are you connected to 2.4ghz or 5ghz wifi network when you get 90-100? The former goes further but is slower than 5ghz. 5ghz is a lot faster though.

You can also merge the connections so you only have one and the mesh network decides if it's over 2.4 or 5ghz. This might be the way you have it now.

It runs combined alright as you suggested. Think I'll just leave it alone as you suggested and just add the extra puck out in the backroom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

It runs combined alright as you suggested. Think I'll just leave it alone as you suggested and just add the extra puck out in the backroom...

Yeah I have mine set up the same way as it's easier than having to choose what type of network to connect to.

You could try setting the device to a high Quality of Service (QoS). That might increase the speed a bit. 100mbps ain't a bad speed though. Adding another mesh node may or may not increase the speed. It depends on how far it is from other nodes and what's in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭robbe

Hi,

New to this mesh system but have decided to take the plunge on a pack of 3 eero (standard). My current setup is Virgin Media Hub 3.0 (500mb) which provides patchy enough wifi around the house supplemented by 4 homeplugs for Kids playstations/PCs and android boxes. Just have a few questions about how to set up the Eero. Happy enough that the Eero has to be connected to the VM Hub which needs to be put into modem mode, have seen some people mention needing an ethernet switch to connect addnl devices to the Eero as it only has 2 x ethernet ports - I assume this is necessary as the VM hub (located close by the Eero) will not get any device connected to it to the interet? Secondly I saw, in the reviews of the Eero on Amazon some people recommend giving the Eero network the same name as the VM in order to avoid having to reconnect all the exisiting devices (there are loads in my house from smart lightbulbs to cameras etc etc so if I could avoid that at all possible I'd be thankful), however can I ask if anyone has done this? Problem I see is that my VM connections are seperately named for both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands......not sure this can be replicated on the Eero setup but perhaps someone could advise? Last question - can the 2nd and 3rd Eero be run off the homeplugs or are better results achieved via wifi (everyones setup will differ, just wonder if there is a prevailing view)?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

So many choices.

So for a set of three. Whats a good middle of the road mesh system with the VM back in bridge mode.

I really only get a good signal from VM Wifi if I'm within about about 20ft of it. Drops off massively after that. So its either the i-Beam in the kitchen, or conflicting with other WiFi networks.
    If i use my own router TP AC1750 its better, but not much. Its more reliable is really the only reason I use it. Get lots of drops with VM hub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I got the Deco M4 3 pack and it's doing great so far. Had a couple of small connection drops the first day but fine since then and I'm getting 200mb down upstairs just running them on wifi with no cabling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I got the Deco M4 3 pack and it's doing great so far. Had a couple of small connection drops the first day but fine since then and I'm getting 200mb down upstairs just running them on wifi with no cabling

I'm in the market for a mesh solution, being doing a bit of research and reckon I'll pull the plug on the M4 alright. Kinda holding out at this point for Black Friday deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Think when I checked 100 was the cheapest it's been for the 3 pack on camel camel camel so might not go down but may as well see if it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    How do you do this now? Just ask Alexa?

FYI you no longer need to order through Alexa, now available on their website for the same price.

So Amazon's offering and TP Link Deco are now priced the same at £150. Is there any consensus/opinion on which is better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Been having a lot of trouble with my Vodafone Wi-Fi over the months since March that I’ve been WFH. Have a 500 gigabit connection that’s rock solid, but the modem is in one corner of the house, and coverage upstairs where I work is patchy.

Set up a Deco M9 Plus 3 pack system today. The difference in coverage and WiFi speed is amazing. I ran speed tests in all rooms before and after with the WiFi Sweet Spots app. Getting 317 Mbps in the upstairs office now, where I was getting 13.

Got the main unit in the living room, one in the main bedroom right above it, and one in the spare bedroom/office. I was thinking about wiring the main one and the bedroom one with Cat 6 cable (I’d have to run it outside the house, but there’s access holes already for satellite cables), but I’m getting such good coverage from the 5Ghz dedicated backhaul that I don’t think I’ll bother.

I probably could have just done with the M5 system, and the real proof will be after a couple of weeks of work and wandering around the house from room to room in Teams calls, but so far it’s looking like a great buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Been having a lot of trouble with my Vodafone Wi-Fi over the months since March that I’ve been WFH. Have a 500 gigabit connection that’s rock solid, but the modem is in one corner of the house, and coverage upstairs where I work is patchy.

Set up a Deco M9 Plus 3 pack system today. The difference in coverage and WiFi speed is amazing. I ran speed tests in all rooms before and after with the WiFi Sweet Spots app. Getting 317 Mbps in the upstairs office now, where I was getting 13.

Got the main unit in the living room, one in the main bedroom right above it, and one in the spare bedroom/office. I was thinking about wiring the main one and the bedroom one with Cat 6 cable (I’d have to run it outside the house, but there’s access holes already for satellite cables), but I’m getting such good coverage from the 5Ghz dedicated backhaul that I don’t think I’ll bother.

I probably could have just done with the M5 system, and the real proof will be after a couple of weeks of work and wandering around the house from room to room in Teams calls, but so far it’s looking like a great buy.

Mesh wifi is a gamechanger indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

What's the chances of the Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LITE being on offer during the Black Friday sales?
    I'm not in a rush for it so could wait if it was going to be reduced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭digiman

Not mesh wifi but a decent bargain on this I think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SFXZPL5?pf_rd_r=B9R6VBMB9B2CYSPVD3Z5&pf_rd_p=b4721ac4-3a58-4086-93ca-436516f2a16c&th=1

Got it in the warehouse for 280 pounds.

Looking at the Orbi mesh as well, would like to try out both to see how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

What's the chances of the Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LITE being on offer during the Black Friday sales?
    I'm not in a rush for it so could wait if it was going to be reduced?

They are reduced price ATM
    https://keepa.com/#!product/2-B016K4GQVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭digiman

digiman wrote: »
    Not mesh wifi but a decent bargain on this I think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SFXZPL5?pf_rd_r=B9R6VBMB9B2CYSPVD3Z5&pf_rd_p=b4721ac4-3a58-4086-93ca-436516f2a16c&th=1

Got it in the warehouse for 280 pounds.

Looking at the Orbi mesh as well, would like to try out both to see how it works.

Actually just found it on Amazon Italy warehouse for €258 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Anyone with an Eero, did you have to use somewhere like Parcel Motel? At checkout I get the message that it can't be delivered to my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭neddynasty

Pretty much the exact same experience as you except I went for the Linksys Velop system. Main node in the living room, one in the bedroom above and the last one in the attic bedroom/now office. Had the mesh system about 2 months now and the difference in quality on video calls and generally connectivity is huge. My wife is also WFH and I'm not hearing any more complaints about poor coverage anymore! :)

neddynasty wrote: »
    My wife is also WFH and I'm not hearing any more complaints about poor coverage anymore! :)

My wife's WFH too, and I've been spending a lot of time troubleshooting her network issues, so hopefully that's a thing of the past now. I was just saying to my boss during the week how now that we're WFH, we're all corporate IT, network admins and facility managers as well as our regular jobs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Is there no way to select which node your devices connect to with the Tenda Nova MW6?

I've got 4 in the house and one in the garage. All but 1 are hardwired back to the primary node which is wired directly to the router. Yet the garage door openers which sit a few feet away from the garage node, still connect to the primary which is miles away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Tiobkuhi

Hurrache wrote: »
    Anyone with an Eero, did you have to use somewhere like Parcel Motel? At checkout I get the message that it can't be delivered to my address.

Hi,

Same issue... were you able to resolve delivery?
    Is the eero system good? House is hardwired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Tiobkuhi wrote: »
    Hi,

Similar issue here, should have pulled the trigger last week, they now have a message stating shipping to UK only which wasn't the case recently. As well as that there seems to be a 2-3month wait!

Given all the above I'm reluctantly considering getting the TP Link Deco M5, it's currently priced at £139. The eero seems to be more highly rated in a few reviews I've read but not going to wait until it's restocked and probably back to full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Similar issue here, should have pulled the trigger last week, they now have a message stating shipping to UK only which wasn't the case recently. As well as that there seems to be a 2-3month wait!

Given all the above I'm reluctantly considering getting the TP Link Deco M5, it's currently priced at £139. The eero seems to be more highly rated in a few reviews I've read but not going to wait until it's restocked and probably back to full price.

Bought a M5 about three weeks ago .....doest exactually what I needed it to do. I actually wired one of the units into my house alarm via ethernet cable ...all's good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Hi,

Got the Eero 3-pack early on this year via Parcel Motel. No issues, super easy to set up and has worked flawlessly since we got it.

I went with the Deco S4 3 pack for £100.

I've two set up downstairs so far and touch wood fixed all my coverage issues. Haven't had it long enough to see what the reliability is like. Have yet to switch the VM back to modern mode. Which I will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Deco M4 3 Pack on Littlewoods at the moment for € 110 delivered
    Same price as Amazon but you will have it a lot quicker. Got it myself 3 months ago and haven't looked back. Makes such a difference

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/tp-link-ac1200-deco-whole-home-mesh-wi-fi-system-deco-m4-3-pack/1600449052.prd?_requestid=684228&Ntt=deco%20m4

I dunno how but I ordered the TPlink from Amazon on Monday and it arrived on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭dam099

beauf wrote: »
    I dunno how but I ordered the TPlink from Amazon on Monday and it arrived on Tuesday.

I've had a delivery come next day as well last week and a few Saturday orders on the Monday in the last few weeks. I think they may have their local distribution hub up and running now, not using An Post either. Not sure if they are pre-positioning some stock here or if the new process is just more efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭EletricMan

Tempted by the decco m5 for 140gbp on Amazon. Dunno if it's s good deal or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 aomh

Which would be better out of these 3, all have a decent reduction on Amazon
    Tenda Nova MW5s-3 

TP-Link Deco S4(3-pack) AC1200

BT Mini Whole Home Wi-Fi, Pack of 3 Discs

They're all around the 80 pound mark, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Tiobkuhi

deconduo wrote: »
    Got the Eero 3-pack early on this year via Parcel Motel. No issues, super easy to set up and has worked flawlessly since we got it.

Do you think they would delivery to parcel motel now or is just not to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Currently waiting on my AP to be delivered - will update when I've got it installed.
    I've still got a hankering for a POE+ switch so I can do away with power supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Hi,

Used Parcel Motel in the end.
    I was coming off Sky's broadband, and when you do and have Sky Q, you lose their mesh network which itself is pretty good.

I had forgotten how patchy the broadband around my house was until then. Even switching my Virgin router to Modem mode and using my Archer C7 as the router didn't resolve most of the issues. The Hub 3 in terms of signal strength isn't that bad, it's just not very good at device management. Things like internet radios, and even Echo devices, if not used in a while, often have to reconnect again or need rebooting which is a pain.

Only using the Eeros a day now so I'd need to give it a while for a better analysis but they're working pretty well. Good coverage around the house again and so far I'm not noticing drop outs, I'm just using the one satellite at the moment. I do lose a number of ethernet ports though, from 4 available on the router to just the 1 free on the Eeros after using the other to connect to the modem.

Couldn't be simpler to set up with the app and they're really well presented in the box, real premium quality about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone using Google Nest Wifi with Virgin Media? I've excellent Broadband from my current router, but converting the attic shortly and looking for something to extend. I'm sure cheaper options are available but I've a Nest Hello and Google Home in the house already and have been happy with both.

€200 for the router and wifi point.

My house will be 3 levels, about 60 sqm in each level. I assume I need the router and wifi point yeah? I can't just add the wifi point to my existing Virgin router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anyone using Google Nest Wifi with Virgin Media? I've excellent Broadband from my current router, but converting the attic shortly and looking for something to extend. I'm sure cheaper options are available but I've a Nest Hello and Google Home in the house already and have been happy with both.

My house will be 3 levels, about 60 sqm in each level. I assume I need the router and wifi point yeah? I can't just add the wifi point to my existing Virgin router?

Change the Virgin Media router to modem mode. Connect the Nest wifi router to the Virgin Media router. Place one or more Nest wifi points in other parts of your home. Standard enough setup, works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Yeh, I have virgin with a nest mesh. Have turned WiFi off on the virgin router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Yeh, I have virgin with a nest mesh. Have turned WiFi off on the virgin router

Is that with a hub 4.0? I’m looking to see if anyone has attempted that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

richardjjd wrote: »
    Is that with a hub 4.0? I’m looking to see if anyone has attempted that

Mines the white virgin router, but I'm sure the principal is the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

If you are getting work done, make sure you get Cat 6 cable laid everywhere. If you have Cat 6 cable you can just add an access point anywhere without having to mess with your existing router. You will get better thoughput with a ethernet cable to the AP than with a Goole Nest. Of course if you are not happy with the current Virgin router that's a different issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thought I'd drop this in here.

I have a 3 node Deco M4 system in the house, connected to the standard Eir 1gb FTTH modem in the playroom. No issues with that really. In fact, when I ran a speedtest on the mesh network earlier in the telly room (which doesn't have a node), I got ~160 download.

I'm due to get a new SkyQ box with HDR, and this has a gigabit ethernet port.
    The Sky box only uses the 2.4GHz network.
    The UHD movies are 13gb+ to download.
    So to spare the network, What I'm looking for is, what I'd call, a wireless homeplug. Something that I plug into a socket for power, it connects to the 5GHz WiFi network, then I run an ethernet cable from that to the gigabit port innthd skybox, "hardwiring" it.
    Does such a thing exist? Does it have a name?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »

I have a 3 node Deco M4 system in the house, connected to the standard Eir 1gb FTTH modem in the playroom. No issues with that really. In fact, when I ran a speedtest on the mesh network earlier in the telly room (which doesn't have a node), I got ~160 download.

So to spare the network, What I'm looking for is, what I'd call, a wireless homeplug. Something that I plug into a socket for power, it connects to the 5GHz WiFi network, then I run an ethernet cable from that to the gigabit port innthd skybox, "hardwiring" it.
    Thanks.

What you mention does exist, but not off the shelf, you would need to get a Ubiquiti and configure it as a a wireless station client. But the problem here is 5ghz doesn't penetrate walls too well, there won't be great speeds beyond the room the router is in which is why sky use 2.4ghz. You could just get a set of powerline homeplugs see if they're faster than 2.4ghz wireless or just leave it alone and see how 2.4ghz works

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks.

Why do you need the WiFi at all then? Why not just get a homeplug? In regards to "sparing the network", most streaming services are great at judging the speed of the network and buffering to take into account the speed of the connection. The other thing is that even though the movie is 13GB in size it all doesn't have to be downloaded to view it, often there could be less than 100MB stored before playback can start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭Soarer

Cheers lads.
    What you mention does exist, but not off the shelf, you would need to get a Ubiquiti and configure it as a a wireless station client. But the problem here is 5ghz doesn't penetrate walls too well, there won't be great speeds beyond the room the router is in which is why sky use 2.4ghz. You could just get a set of powerline homeplugs see if they're faster than 2.4ghz wireless or just leave it alone and see how 2.4ghz works

Used homeplugs before (prior to FTTH), and I don't remember the increase being great. Think the rooms might be on different electrical circuits or something.
    Clareman wrote: »
    Why do you need the WiFi at all then? Why not just get a homeplug? In regards to "sparing the network", most streaming services are great at judging the speed of the network and buffering to take into account the speed of the connection. The other thing is that even though the movie is 13GB in size it all doesn't have to be downloaded to view it, often there could be less than 100MB stored before playback can start

Like I said above, used the homeplugs before.

And my want is to increase download speed, not streaming speed. For Sky Movies, the clan like to trawl through the offerings maybe once a week, download what tickles their fancy, then have it ready to go a few days later.

I don't get a say...I only pay the bills!

Cheers lads.

Used homeplugs before (prior to FTTH), and I don't remember the increase being great. Think the rooms might be on different electrical circuits or something.

Like I said above, used the homeplugs before.

And my want is to increase download speed, not streaming speed. For Sky Movies, the clan like to trawl through the offerings maybe once a week, download what tickles their fancy, then have it ready to go a few days later.

I don't get a say...I only pay the bills!

Leave it alone then, don't fix it until you know it's not working on 2.4ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Question on the TP Link Deco M4 if anyone can answer please - with the 3 pack, will both of the units not wired to the router need to be in range of the wired unit?
    Or does the furthest one just need to be in range of the other access point?

House is 2 storey and an odd shape. Router is in the top east corner, and there is no wifi signal at all in the room(s) downstairs to the west, if that makes sense. Thinking I'll have one access point upstairs at the opposite corner of the house in the router, which hopefully will give signal directly below it downstairs, and the put the other access point in a middle room downstairs - hoping that downstairs access point would only need to reach the upstairs access point, not the one at the router.

Deco M4 is €145 on amazon for 3 units - I had began thinking I'd get the Google Nest Wifi for this job, but at €240 in argos for just the 2 units, is the M4 the wiser purchase? Or is the functionality of the Nest worth the extra cost (I already have a fair few google home speakers so the assistant in the nest isn't particularly important)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Gooser14

You can get the Deco S4 on Amazon for Eur 111. The S4 spec is virtually the same as the M4 apart from it being smaller.

Question on the TP Link Deco M4 if anyone can answer please - with the 3 pack, will both of the units not wired to the router need to be in range of the wired unit?
    Or does the furthest one just need to be in range of the other access point?

With any mesh system, each one only has to be in range of one other unit to be part of the mesh. So your first one is plugged into your modem - lets call it the base unit. The first remote unit needs to be in range of the base unit. The second remote unit only needs to be in range of the first remote unit - the coverage is extended.

BU ---- RU1 ---- RU2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

With any mesh system, each one only has to be in range of one other unit to be part of the mesh. So your first one is plugged into your modem - lets call it the base unit. The first remote unit needs to be in range of the base unit. The second remote unit only needs to be in range of the first remote unit - the coverage is extended.

BU ---- RU1 ---- RU2

Just so that I'm clear on this would there be any issue with RU1 ---- BU ---- RU2 as in the base unit positioned centrally and both remote connecting to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Gooser14 wrote: »
    You can get the Deco S4 on Amazon for Eur 111. The S4 spec is virtually the same as the M4 apart from it being smaller.

Just seen that, awesome. I hadn't seen the S4 doesn't seem to be mentioned on the TP Link website.
    Is the S4 the one to go for over the M4 or Nest wifi then? The price difference is massive with the Nest.

BU ---- RU1 ---- RU2

Perfect - thanks for that. Assumed as much but nice to have it confirmed.

tonc76 wrote: »
    Just so that I'm clear on this would there be any issue with RU1 ---- BU ---- RU2 as in the base unit positioned centrally and both remote connecting to it?

No, that won't be a problem at all. The beauty of mesh systems is that they don't interfere with themselves, and are seamless. The only problem you'd have would be if one unit was out of range from everything else entirely. Then you'd have to resort to an ethernet cable to link it in (or get another unit to put in between and shore up the gap).

• Advertisement
Advertisement