Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethereum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    hmmm I have a few grand resting in coinbase atm, maybe if it goes down further I might move it over to gdax & try a scalp ;)

I was thinking that myself... well, not scalping exactly, but taking a small profit (maybe €80) each time it zooms between 250 and 265.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont know why I stopped earlier in the year tbh, had a few great trades the first couple of times it crashed down to low 200s and shot back up before the current doldrums, probably thought it was going to follow BTC up seeing as the ration was locked on 0.07 for so long, now BTC is nearly 100% up since then and ETH is hanging around $300 with a ration of 0.04-ish. Id say every time it starts to move up a load of ICO ETH gets dumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Thargor wrote: »

Hmmm not good! Is it time to get rid?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Still hanging about the $300 mark, it's not really going anywhere, good or bad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Starting to think about cashing in. I've had a good ride from 5 to 260. But the two bad news stories and the lack of anything movement good or bad has me thinking it's run its course.

Starting to think about cashing in. I've had a good ride from 5 to 260. But the two bad news stories and the lack of anything movement good or bad has me thinking it's run its course.

If you're been in since €5 price I'm amazed you haven't cashed out yet.

That will be a nice little earner for Pascal O'Donoghue in time for x-mas :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

this is the last time i touch ETH...unless there is some really really good ICO that i am interested in. DAO hack was huge back then, and then the congestion **** and then we all thought it would be nice and dandy from now on and then we get this massive loophole that burnt 150mil down the drain.

Imagine i woke up and 100 ETH in my wallet are no longer mine.

Pacifico wrote: »
    Hmmm not good! Is it time to get rid?!
    The time to get rid was the instant the news broke not 40 hours later, luckily it seems to have had feck all effect and ETH has returned to its beloved $300.

Worth remembering aswell that this is shoddy programming by a third party wallet provider, if it was a fundamental flaw in Ether there would have been carnage.

Ive had a good run aswell, I think I will be reducing my holding the next time it runs a bit. Then again you research it and the future looks so bright, there are genuine products being built with it by legitimate companies in ways you dont see with any other coin, including BTC.

The next BTC fork this month could be the catalyst to break this $300 situation anyway.

Just when you're thinking about getting out... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

LOL, yeah ! :D

Never try to time the market. You'll lose. HODL. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Thargor wrote: »
    Just when you're thinking about getting out... :D

Indeed. Was all set to dump my ETH tomorrow. Might do still but I'll wait now to see where this market is heading.

SkySter wrote: »
    Indeed. Was all set to dump my ETH tomorrow. Might do still but I'll wait now to see where this market is heading.

Considering that about $300M was supposedly nuked by some ETH developer, the currency is doing excellent to be where it is at this point in time. :pac:

Why cant I bring myself to swing trade ETH? Its basically free money, but every time it goes up I end up thinking now is the time it will run to $500-1000 but it always just sinks back. I did it a couple of times at first and paid my rent for the year but then lost my nerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Best to swing trade with a high liquidity coin which fluctuates and you believe in outside of wanting ETH to moon, one that you wouldn't feel too bad about being stuck in for a while with a bit of your stack because you know it'll swing back eventually.

Dont say anything or you might spook it but Im liking what Im seeing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'll spook it :D

Sold all my bought ETH for a decent profit during the week. Sold all my mined ETH even a good bit higher than that a day later. Could have HODL and would have made a tiny bit more of course with hindsight, but the bird is in the hand and all that :D

And of course still mining away. Getting ever more anxious to expand because my current rigs are so cool / undervolted that they do not provide the room temperature boost that I envisaged them to have.

Smashed €300 and nearly hit 320.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Thanks to this jump I dumped my IOTA at just above cost. Think it's time to wait for the next dip and reinvest in Eth

Doodee wrote: »
    Think it's time to wait for the next dip and reinvest in Eth

+1

Waiting for my last mining earnings to come in from the pool in the next hour or so. Then sell (HODL zero) and wait for the dip :D

• Advertisement

1zuli4.jpg

unkel wrote: »
    +1

Waiting for my last mining earnings to come in from the pool in the next hour or so. Then sell (HODL zero) and wait for the dip :D

Come on dip, hurry up the feck up, I'm in the bath!

I really should buy a s/h laptop, it'd be easier than monitoring all this stuff on the phone!

I'd have loved to profit off this spike but sadly I'm not psychic. And buying on the up is too risky.

Come on dip, hurry up the feck up, I'm in the bath!

Not a dip :eek:

Would of course have loved to have gained from this huge peak, but I'd say it will come down again. Then I'll buy.

At least my mining is getting good revenues at the moment :)

And we're off 😀

unkel wrote: »
    Not a dip :eek:

Would of course have loved to have gained from this huge peak, but I'd say it will come down again. Then I'll buy.

At least my mining is getting good revenues at the moment :)

Oh it'll come down, it's done this twice before. Glad you're doing the mining and making money, great to see people contributing to ETHs health, I just trade it. And the overriding rule of cryptotrading is always buy in the dip. The number of people burned because they bought on the rise is startling. I've lost money that way myself.

And buying on the up is too risky.
    I don't think you've got this quite right. :)
    Professional traders buy on a rise; they don't try to catch a falling knife -- ie, they don't buy when it is falling.
    Buying on the way down is what is risky.

Disclaimer; I'm not a trader.

The number of people burned because they bought on the rise is startling. I've lost money that way myself.
    Then, you've been doing something wrong. Like, your timing was out, your judgement (guess?) of an ATH price was in error ............. or something. :)

Anyone got any sell targets for this rise?

Then, you've been doing something wrong. Like, your timing was out, your judgement (guess?) of an ATH price was in error ............. or something. :)

Buying on the rise is fine for a HODLing strategy but too risky as a trading strategy. I should have differentiated between the two. I don't hodl so it'd be silly for me to buy on the rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...they don't buy when it is falling.

...unless the fundamentals haven't changed. The amount of bone-headed morons who have sold and who will sell their Apple stock based on Wall Street's analysis of Apple's quarters rather being based on Apple's own release schedules and projections is astounding.

Same when ETH dropped - anybody selling ETH under €300 (as in cashing out in a panic rather than trading out for a different speculative opportunity) was a bit of a pleb.

Feck it, selling under €800-€900 due to unwarranted FUD-panics is a pleb move.

Advertisement