Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ethereum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Ok, ok, most people don't like day trading. It works for me and I'm obviously the only one who talks about it on Boards so I'm in a minority of one. I won't raise the subject again.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thargor wrote: »
    Anyone got any sell targets for this rise?

Eh, how about right now? You still got them? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

unkel wrote: »
    Eh, how about right now? You still got them? :eek:
    Of course I do, I was the only one talking about it through the recent doldrums, just as I was psyching myself up to start trading it starts to move. Not selling now anyway, if the ratio with BTC is correcting back to where it was as many were predicting on Ethtrader that could be serious $$$

Of course I do, I was the only one talking about it through the recent doldrums, just as I was psyching myself up to start trading it starts to move. Not selling now anyway, if the ratio with BTC is correcting back to where it was as many were predicting on Ethtrader that could be serious $$$

I suspect an ICO is pumping ETH. Be prepared for a serious correction in the next few days
    Not certain, but a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

Of course I do, I was the only one talking about it through the recent doldrums, just as I was psyching myself up to start trading it starts to move. Not selling now anyway, if the ratio with BTC is correcting back to where it was as many were predicting on Ethtrader that could be serious $$

I suspect an ICO is pumping ETH. Be prepared for a serious correction in the next few days
    Not certain, but a possibility.
    Pump and dump my ass. Like I said at the very start of this thread, Bitcoin has been the gateway crypto currency for most people. Long term fundamentals are very strong for this as it gets discovered by all the new entrants and I still maintain for a patient long-term holder (especially one who can buy on dips), there are very few investments as good in the markets today.
    No selling for me, not unless I make 10x.

• Advertisement

Im inclined to hold now aswell, anything could happen price-wise now.

Bitcoin wrote: »
    Pump and dump my ass. Like I said at the very start of this thread, Bitcoin has been the gateway crypto currency for most people. Long term fundamentals are very strong for this as it gets discovered by all the new entrants and I still maintain for a patient long-term holder (especially one who can buy on dips), there are very few investments as good in the markets today.
    No selling for me, not unless I make 10x.

I'm not suggesting that anyone sell, just that ETH has a history of big corrections after large spikes. Most cryptos do. If you're a hodler, hodl through the correction, it'll come back up again soon enough.

ATH just now :eek:

Wouldnt have believed it a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

What the heck happened to send ETH and everything else spiking and BTC on steady level / slight downward turn?

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    What the heck happened to send ETH and everything else spiking and BTC on steady level / slight downward turn?

Trending down now. Interesting chart patterns today, learned a lot.

Trending down now.
    No its not :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So long ETH I've been holding since June. Finally got rid of it today for a very meagre profit.
    Can't even bare thinking about how much fun I could have had with that tied up cash if I hadn't buried it in ETH at its previous all time high.

So long ETH I've been holding since June. Finally got rid of it today for a very meagre profit.
    Can't even bare thinking about how much fun I could have had with that tied up cash if I hadn't buried it in ETH at its previous all time high.

You got your money back, it's still a win. Go have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

me too. i'm just about even on eth today. don't know whether to hang on to it or get shot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

cravings wrote: »
    me too. i'm just about even on eth today. don't know whether to hang on to it or get shot of it.

Unless you're confident that you can trade yourself into higher percentage gains than ETH could possibly rise in a few years, just hold on to it.

It's one of the safest bets in the whole market. Don't throw it into speculation unless you have something you're very very confident in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Down 3% in the last 12 hours. If it drops to 310 I’ll sell (still a decent profit)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ive been moving bitcoin over to ETH then back as the prices are going oposite at the moment.

Eth is down and bitcoin up i buy eth with the bitcoin. When bitcoin dropped back under 7k and ETH went over 350 i bough back into bitcoin.

thunderdog wrote: »
    Down 3% in the last 12 hours. If it drops to 310 I’ll sell (still a decent profit)

What kind of strategy is that? Why not sell now? At €347?

I'll happily sell my latest mining payment when I get home. I've no intention to buy ETH until it drops significantly (think to around €250)

I'll happily sell my latest mining payment when I get home. I've no intention to buy ETH until it drops significantly (think to around €250)

I agree, if you're selling, sell at the highest price you can.

As for ETH dropping to €250... maybe. If it does I'll be delighted, frankly. Going to stick to LTC for the moment, but if ETH drops below €280 I'll buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

If we look at a 3 day window in mid Oct, prices rose then slightly fell, rose again and then slipped way down (M shape part of graph with long tail). The low (middle of M) is approx an 8% drop. Then after it rises again it falls back by about 16% peak to trough.

Looking at the last day or two is showing a similar curve (albeit at higher values and more rapid pace). My logic (guesswork!) is that if it falls to 310 or so (approx 10% fall from peak), it is likely to keep falling (to about 280-290).

Explanation of above is easier to follow if you have a look at the charts on coinigy

Why not sell now? Well on the off chance it keeps gaining momentum!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They are forecasting $500 for ETH and 10k bitcoin by end of yhe year. Some have even mentioned that if Eth holds at $450 it is on track to hit $650 this year.

They are forecasting $500 for ETH and 10k bitcoin by end of yhe year. Some have even mentioned that if Eth holds at $450 it is on track to hit $650 this year.

That'll be me just mining and not buying ETH so :D

Far too risky a game for me to put my dollaroes in...

Wtf is with all the Sell talk? Its smashing through ATHs before your eyes, you sell losers and let winners ride.

Good luck to ya, HODL on :D

If I had any ETH left, I would have sold the lot by now tbh...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Question: if I trade bitcoin for etherium and then etherium for bitcoin depending the market, how about those fees involved? Would those be double of trading euro for bitcoin and bitcoin for euro?

This is fecking crazy.

Good luck to ya, HODL on :D

If I had any ETH left, I would have sold the lot by now tbh...

So would I if it was another swing up to $340 before the inevitable drop back to $300 but this is clearly a wait and see situation, something has changed. Eth spent most of its life in the spotlight at a ratio of 0.075 to BTC, even after this weeks craziness it's barely back to 0.05, that's what I'm watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭crushproof

I dumped my ETH a couple of weeks ago and put it into NEO. Bah. 

Where has this ETH spike come from?

• Advertisement

crushproof wrote: »
    I dumped my ETH a couple of weeks ago and put it into NEO. Bah. 

Where has this ETH spike come from?

Hard to tell. No real news, BTC stable... it can only be someone pumping shirtloads of cash into ETH. And they'll have a good reason, be it long or short term. It's really messing up my trading, lost €43 with an idiot trade. Very annoyed at myself. Way up on the week, but still.

Advertisement