Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2021

Options
  • 07-05-2020 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Cant find a thread so figured I'd start one! Due 12th Jan with #2. Cant remember half the things were supposed to do at the start so havent done anything, but taking folic acid. Any other January due dates out there...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

I'm due Jan 2nd. 2nd Baby . A bit of a nervous wreak . 6 weeks gone

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaraJan

I'm due 1st Jan! First baby, feeling excited and anxious

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

irlgirl wrote: »
    I'm due Jan 2nd. 2nd Baby . A bit of a nervous wreak . 6 weeks gone

Congrats Irlgirl. Is it Covid that you're nervous about? Or the thoughts of having two kids to juggle?

I'm fairly relaxed about Covid, I guess just taking all the precautions and I'm actually delighted to be able to hide away while pregnant. I'd love to just emerge out of all this and be about 5 months pregnant and only tell people then lol, but I'm sure I'll cave before then. I am a bit nervous about juggling 2 kids though, itll be busy for the first year, but we'll hopefully get our lives back then after that ha ha.

I havent gone to my GP yet, wasnt sure if I should bother yet for a few weeks. Mainly just need to get booked into the hospital I think and get the combined care forms.

SaraJan wrote: »
    I'm due 1st Jan! First baby, feeling excited and anxious

Congrats SaraJan. Exciting times with the first baba. Only natural to be a bit anxious, especially with all that's going on right now. We just need to out ourselves first now and mi d ourselves and I'm sure all will be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Having my fourth baby in 6 weeks

• Advertisement

Having my fourth baby in 6 weeks

Not long to go so, congrats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Not long to go so, congrats.

Tis tough in this heat especially when still working in health service

Had a phone appointment with doc at about 5 weeks but I thought the same , it was very early to go in. I'm just wondering how theyill do the appointments in the maternity with social distancing etc

irlgirl wrote: »
    Had a phone appointment with doc at about 5 weeks but I thought the same , it was very early to go in. I'm just wondering how theyill do the appointments in the maternity with social distancing etc

A friend is currently pregnant with no complications and due in July. A couple of her recent hospital and GP appts have been cancelled reducing the number of check ups she has had. When she went for a hospital appointment recently the waiting room was almost empty and the appointment happened on time and very quickly with no waiting around - so i think reducing check ups is reducing appointment volumes and allowing for more social distancing. I guess if they extend longer clinic hours too it would allow for spacing out appointments also but not sure if thats happening at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi everyone! I’m due in January as well, baby #1 and I am just a ball of emotions!! A big mix of nerves and excitement with a bit of anxiousness thrown in for good measure!

I am going to have all of your heads wrecked with questions but I hope you guys won’t mind as I want to wait until the second trimester to tell anyone and so I can’t ask anyone these questions!

I naturally have done lots of research already but the first thing I hope one of you can help me with is when exactly I should see my doctor to confirm the pregnancy/get forms for scheme etc??? I was kind of guessing about 6/7weeks (half way through 1st trimester) or is that too early/late?? I’m 33 if that makes a difference! Thanks 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciamardo

Hi all,
    My dates have me at 4w 2d... Very early but exciting. 2nd baby here, have booked for an early scan once we reach 7 weeks as I can't wait another 8 weeks for one! I was 6 weeks when I found out last time so a different experience.
    I had a phone appt with GP yesterday more for info on what the process is with Covid but she emailed on a referral for maternity hospital for me so the ball is rolling there too.
    Hope everyone is well

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Frankie19

Hi All

Congratulations to everyone. Due second 13th of Jan so currently 5 weeks.Took a while to conceive this time around so thrilled! Booked in with rotunda today and they have booked me in for an early scan in 3 weeks.

Had a few scares on my first pregnancy so hoping this one goes a bit smoother!

Congrats Frankie19 and Ciamardo, hope everything goes well for you both.
    I had a very rough first pregnancy physically so also hoping this time around is easier.

I am absolutely shattered tired this week and a little nausea this morning...i remember the sickness starting at 5 weeks last time too but hoping it wont be as bad 2nd time round...or ill have less time to notice it with a toddler and working from home.

Im 5+2 today, you all seem to have had your GP appointment, I really must do something about it and hospital booking, need to choose a consultant as dont want the same one as the last time.

Sickness kicked in for me at 4 weeks this time before I even got a positive test. Was 6 weeks the last time. It isn't as bad so I am hoping it won't get any worse.

I didn't bother with gp visit this time. Did a self referral. The last time my GP didn't even do a test to confirm just took my word for it and sent off a letter to the rotunda and charged me for it.

I have decided to go private this time after going public on my first.

I also just self-referred, couldn't get in touch with my GP. I was a bit worried I would be missing something but it seems they don't do much in the first visit?

I got my appointment dates from the Coombe and first one is quite late, I will be 13 weeks. So i decided to book the NIPT testing in Evie. I'll be 9 weeks for that one so I'm looking forward to some peace of mind :-) Currently 7+1, it feels so far away!

I have heard great things about the Evie clinic. I was going to book their package myself as I work around the corner from the beacon so would have been handy for appointments. But reckon I won't be back in the office at all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BahamaBreeze

Hi, hope you are all well :) We just found out we are expecting our first i january! (I am 5 wks today so due sometime between 7th-14th January I think). I rang my doctor but she said there is no need to go in and that I can just contact hospital myself to setup first appointment and she will send out the referral letter. Very excited but nervous at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciamardo

Congratulations BahamaBreeze! Such an exciting time. My Dr did the same, she emailed me on the referral to print out and send in. I just wanted to make up my mind between public, semi-private or private first. Im leaning towards public as I had a lovely experience on my first

How is everyone feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mammy2tobe

Hi everyone!
    Found out last week we are expecting number 2, absolutely thrilled. Unsure of how many weeks I am, had my last period April 1st but ovulated around the 25th of April.
    Some places are saying I’m 4 weeks and other are saying 6!
    Going to ring me doctor within the next week to get the ball rolling.

Looking forward to this adventure again!

Congratulations Bahamabreeze and mammy2be!

Feeling very tired today. One of the positives to not being the office...I can have sneeky naps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 BahamaBreeze

Feeling pretty tired too and a little nauseous on and off, but otherwise good so far. Also glad to be working from home at the minute Frankie19!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Mammy2tobe wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Found out last week we are expecting number 2, absolutely thrilled. Unsure of how many weeks I am, had my last period April 1st but ovulated around the 25th of April.
    Some places are saying I’m 4 weeks and other are saying 6!
    Going to ring me doctor within the next week to get the ball rolling.

Looking forward to this adventure again!

You’ll be 5 weeks on Saturday. Congrats :)
    I too have irregular cycles and know how to date a pregnancy

I got my 1st maternity appointment this morning for 24th of June. I'm already dreading the full bladder😬 . It says you have to attend on your own and if your early you might have to wait in your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mammy2tobe

You’ll be 5 weeks on Saturday. Congrats :)
    I too have irregular cycles and know how to date a pregnancy

Thank you. That’s what I thought but everything seems to say count from your last period so wasn’t sure and didn’t want to go for a scan too early without knowing because I’d only get worried if there was a 2 weeks difference in the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Mammy2tobe wrote: »
    Thank you. That’s what I thought but everything seems to say count from your last period so wasn’t sure and didn’t want to go for a scan too early without knowing because I’d only get worried if there was a 2 weeks difference in the size.

Ah yeah I understand. I heard that too to count from your last period but that’s only for women on 28 day cycles. For them it’s counting from last period but it’s 2 weeks before ovulation date for everyone it’s the easiest Way for for us irregulars To remember

I booked myself into the hospital the last time too, Ill be going semi private though so i need to get the combined care forms signed by the GP. The last time they got lost twice when i sent them in so I should get the ball rolling on it. I think im holding off contacting the GP/Hospital as i know theres a long 242 days to go (as the App told me this morning lol), I'm trying not to get too caught up in things yet or think about things too much yet, though feeling proper nauseous the last few days so not getting much to ignore it, if i even think about the fact im feeling sick it can make me wretch...such a mind over matter struggle!

Oh, and congrats to all..!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bella81

Hi girls, found out last week that im pregnant due 18th Jan. What apps would ye recommend. Ive downloaded the what to expect app but thought i would get 1 more dealing with symptoms on a weekly basis

Bella81 wrote: »
    Hi girls, found out last week that im pregnant due 18th Jan. What apps would ye recommend. Ive downloaded the what to expect app but thought i would get 1 more dealing with symptoms on a weekly basis

Congratulations Bella81 :-) I find the Rotunda App really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bella81

SaraJan wrote: »
    Congratulations Bella81 :-) I find the Rotunda App really good!

Brill thank you, i will check it out ðŸ™

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Congrats everyone!

Due 19th of Jan, baby no.4, a surprise! My youngest is only 6 and a half months...... It's very surreal

Advertisement