Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

Rebel83 wrote: »
    Morning all. Has anyone tried out the large U/V shaped body pillows & have any they recommend? I'm only 9w5d but really struggling with sleep already - trying not to sleep on my tummy or back but when I sleep on my side I end up with a really stiff shoulder & neck! Went for physio for it last week but can't afford that every week!!
    Just hopping in from June, but I have a big u shaped pillow. Love it but it has one downside and I haven't found one that fixed that. The fabric in the area where it bends is really tight so it's sore against the shoulder or neck if you like up against it.
    I'm kind of on top of it right now to prevent that but it is a little annoying. I do love that the pillow is in my back however and that I can put my legs on it or put the other side of the pillow between my knees.
    My left side gets numb when I'm lying on it so this sure helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Hi all,

Due number 2 towards end of September all going well. Have a 3.5year old but had 2 miscarriages on the journey to conceiving her. Also has gestational diabetes on that pregnancy. As a result we've been linked in with the hospital from the start and have had 2 scans in the EPAU. Yesterday we seen a heartbeat which was a lovely relief.

Trying not to worry/overanalyse everything but naturally that's easier said than done. Symptoms very much coming and going. Get waves of feeling nauseous and breast tenderness comes & goes.

Have been trying to follow GD diet since I found out. Back in hospital next week to do first round of bloods for sugar levels and have been told I'll have to do them every 6 weeks as pregnancy progresses. Hoping to stay diet controlled if possible. Ended up on metformin in last pregnancy. Diet is quite restrictive so it'll be a long 9months but totally worth it if we have a happy healthy baby at the end.

Wishing everyone the best of luck over the coming weeks and months. It can be tough both physically and emotionally so be kind to yourselves. A quote I heard the other day sums it up perfectly.. "Motherhood is a mental illness" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mianut

Hi all, Congratulations to everyone. So glad to find an up to date feed . Due my second around Sept 4th 🙈 my first is 10 so myself and partner feel as if we're starting all over again so many things have changed . My gp told me to download an app for help which I did but couldn't find an irish one so stuck with an American one which is fine but their system is different to here. Going for our 12 week scan on the 24th eeek .
    Symptoms seem to have died down a little not as nauseous as last week ,still a little bloated and tired .
    Anyone know of any sites that do subscription boxes for pregnancy. I've seen lovely ones but again either UK or USA based.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

I’ve been pretty bad with nausea, not actually vomiting just constantly feeling sick. Tried peppermint tea today with a slice of lemon and honey and it seems to have worked! Worth trying girls x

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

I will try that Ifen. Not physically getting sick either but constantly feeling like I'm about to. I love peppermint tea so will give that a go. I know ginger helps too.

• Advertisement

I must try ginger actually. I tried ginger ale and it made me feel worse but ginger tea is an idea, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

None of my jeans fit! Not a single pair :( I didn't think it would happen to soon although I read that second and subsequent times around you show sooner...I'll need to get a few bits over the weekend. Long tops and leggings and dresses. Elastic waistbands all the way! I'm not feeling too bad otherwise, no morning sickness as such yet but I do find I feel sick when I get hungry. Also I'm only in the mood for carbs at the moment. Which probably isn't helping my waistline issues lol :D

lfen wrote: »
    I’ve been pretty bad with nausea, not actually vomiting just constantly feeling sick. Tried peppermint tea today with a slice of lemon and honey and it seems to have worked! Worth trying girls x
    I was very bad with nausea for a couple of weeks and I tried everything, ginger tea, crackers , toast, cold water etc then someone suggested sour sweets and i must say i ended up buying 3 packets of sour worms as it seemed to be the only thing that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

None of my jeans fit! Not a single pair :( I didn't think it would happen to soon although I read that second and subsequent times around you show sooner...I'll need to get a few bits over the weekend. Long tops and leggings and dresses. Elastic waistbands all the way! I'm not feeling too bad otherwise, no morning sickness as such yet but I do find I feel sick when I get hungry. Also I'm only in the mood for carbs at the moment. Which probably isn't helping my waistline issues lol :D

I'm in the same boat with the waistline (not that I had much of one before!). Not even nearly far enough along at 6 weeks to be showing, but I am SO FREAKIN' BLOATED! Every morsel of food that passes my lips must be 90% gas or something. I blow up like a balloon and I'm puffy as heck.

mianut wrote: »
    I was very bad with nausea for a couple of weeks and I tried everything, ginger tea, crackers , toast, cold water etc then someone suggested sour sweets and i must say i ended up buying 3 packets of sour worms as it seemed to be the only thing that worked.

Thanks will give this a try also. I’ve never been so ready & willing to try anything recommend to me!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

A few mouthfuls of Coca cola worked for me on my last pregnancy, I was far sicker on that one then on my previous ones.Ginger biscuits seem to consistently help too.

None of my jeans fit! Not a single pair :( I didn't think it would happen to soon although I read that second and subsequent times around you show sooner...

I look about 3 months already and I was 7 weeks yesterday. Hard to disguise it at work. This my 3rd and from what I’m reading this is normal 😂

Cameoette wrote: »
    I look about 3 months already and I was 7 weeks yesterday. Hard to disguise it at work. This my 3rd and from what I’m reading this is normal 😂

Haha same ,I'm 10 weeks now i can only wear dresses as no pants fit and i have a large scarf draped over since 7 weeks . Thankfully i m always cold at work so no one has asked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

Ah I'm glad to hear it's not just me! My belly just seems have totally popped out. I generally wear loose fitting tops anyway but if I put anything tight on I think it's very noticeable because the weight is all to the front. Can't see myself being able to hide it til 12 weeks without a lot of scarves and coats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

I'm also glad to hear it's not just me :D I am so bloated and really feeling the squeeze in my work trousers. They're super uncomfortable. Trying to hide it is so hard especially as I'm feeling so drained and nauseous. But I carry a bit of weight so I don't think I'll show too soon :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It is. :-)
    Third pops out very quickly, especially if it isn't too long since the second!

shesty wrote: »
    It is. :-)
    Third pops out very quickly, especially if it isn't too long since the second!

Ha yes! 17 months since the second :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Joining the tread after lurking quietly for a while! Had an early scan today and saw the heartbeat so can finally relax and breathe! Due somewhere between 15th-19th, my daughter will turn 2 at the end of September so it'll be busy busy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Joining the tread after lurking quietly for a while! Had an early scan today and saw the heartbeat so can finally relax and breathe! Due somewhere between 15th-19th, my daughter will turn 2 at the end of September so it'll be busy busy :)

Congratulations & welcome! How are you feeling?

Rebel83 wrote:
    Congratulations & welcome! How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good thanks, nauseous in the evenings and cant really face dinner, tired too but mostly fine thankfully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

Had a scan in the Early Preg Unit last week and saw the heartbeat and that all is ok thankfully. That was a huge relief and have since gotten my appointments for a dating scan, booking app, breastfeeding and pregnancy classes.
    food aversion still there with slight nausea from time to time. Feel absolutely wiped most days no matter how much sleep i get.
    pants starting to get a bit tight alright, but nothing too noticeable.
    Looking forward to the dating scan so I can start telling family.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Ah that's great lorindol, it's so nice and reassuring to see the heartbeat isn't it? I had an early scan a few weeks ago too and I actually got the scan on video, I couldn't believe it and can't stop looking at it :)

I also have the good aversion and nausea. It's really tough but the tiredness, I'm with you on that one!! When is your dating scan? I'm Feb 24th so 2 weeks and I cannot wait, particularly to tell people :)
    my family know and I was away recently with my mum and sisters and they commented about how obvious I am.. None of my Jeans or trousers fit any more 😂

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Ah that's great lorindol, it's so nice and reassuring to see the heartbeat isn't it? I had an early scan a few weeks ago too and I actually got the scan on video, I couldn't believe it and can't stop looking at it :)

I also have the good aversion and nausea. It's really tough but the tiredness, I'm with you on that one!! When is your dating scan? I'm Feb 24th so 2 weeks and I cannot wait, particularly to tell people :)
    my family know and I was away recently with my mum and sisters and they commented about how obvious I am.. None of my Jeans or trousers fit any more 😂
    My first scan is Feb 24th too can't wait now. My daughter has me sussed already but I'm not giving in until I know everything is ok. Tights and leggings are my wardrobe for a few weeks now too 😂😂

Had my booking appt today at 8+4, all good and have my dating scan in March and another appt to see the consultant later in March, delighted to be receiving so much care already to be honest, all certified days off work too which is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fatboy69

Would you get the full day off work for your appointments? I Know work should allow you to attend but didnt think youd get the full day. I made a booboo and never sent my referral letter, I presumed the doctor surgery would do it. Im 11 weeks now and my referral was only sent on Monday. Hopefully wont be waiting too long

Hi All, we got the news we all dread to hear on Monday :( Very difficult as this would have been our first baby so we don’t have that reassurance of knowing we carried a healthy baby before.

Anyway, don’t want to make this a negative thread as it’s very much positive for all you still expecting. I’ll jump into a mmc thread and feel sorry for myself there!

The very best of luck to you all x

Hi All, we got the news we all dread to hear on Monday :( Very difficult as this would have been our first baby so we don’t have that reassurance of knowing we carried a healthy baby before.

Anyway, don’t want to make this a negative thread as it’s very much positive for all you still expecting. I’ll jump into a mmc thread and feel sorry for myself there!

The very best of luck to you all x

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fatboy69

So sorry for you loss. Look after yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Ifen Im so sorry to hear that. its so difficult. Be nice to each other as ye are both mourning this loss.

• Advertisement

I’m so sorry Ifen x

Advertisement