Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all, I'm just 5 weeks pregnant with number 2. I have had lots of stretchy type cramps over the past couple of weeks. It's most noticeable in the evening and not sore as such, I'm just very aware of it...it's probably my main symptom, but doc said it was normal. I feel like my tummy is already so bloated! Digging out all my loose and floaty tops...and feel like I will have to abandon my jeans in the next couple of weeks. I don't know is it because it is my second pregnancy..I just feel like everything is snapping back into pregnancy mode very quickly!

Oh and to add on a positive note (!) I'm so happy to be here and can't wait until I can tell everyone in real life!! Best wishes everyone for a happy and healthy 9 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Jezzabelle wrote: »
    ������ I dont feel too bad today. Time will tell as the evening goes on, see how long I can stay awake��Will put up with all the symptoms in the world once all is ok��

Today was by far the queasiest I've felt, was very close to losing last night's meal out :eek:
    I've never had morning sickness or anything like it before, so this is all new to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Struggling a bit with the nausea too. Haven't actually been sick thankfully. I get waves of sickness which does pass but it's awful at the time. The tiredness though... I Could sleep for a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Hi ladies, joining the thread. I’m not exactly sure of due date as I had a miscarriage in November and my cycle wasn’t back to normal when I got pregnant, I think Im around 4 weeks so extremely early days. I’m booked into the Domino scheme.

Lorinda and Jezzabelle, you both expressed how I’m feeling!! I am scared to get excited and I am so nervous about the weeks ahead. My previous miscarriage happened in week 7 and I am already so nervous about that week (stupid I know!). I’m trying to be calm and practicing mindfulness, hopefully it’l settle me abit! Best wishes to everyone on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fatboy69

8wks + 4days with my second child. My first was out of the country so new to the Maternity system here. How did people get their bookings already and register for the Domino scheme? Did the hospitals send these out to you automatically or do you have to register with them. My own doctor gave me a letter to give at the booking date but I presumed this would be later.

Havnt shared my news with anyone bar my sisters (and husband obvs) as Im a but nervous and anxious also. Never had any complications (luckily) so unsure where this is coming from. Does anyone know if you can use the Domino scheme if the first delivery was emergency c-section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

fatboy69 wrote: »
    8wks + 4days with my second child. My first was out of the country so new to the Maternity system here. How did people get their bookings already and register for the Domino scheme? Did the hospitals send these out to you automatically or do you have to register with them. My own doctor gave me a letter to give at the booking date but I presumed this would be later.

Havnt shared my news with anyone bar my sisters (and husband obvs) as Im a but nervous and anxious also. Never had any complications (luckily) so unsure where this is coming from. Does anyone know if you can use the Domino scheme if the first delivery was emergency c-section?

Hey there. Congratulations! I'm a first timer & just a few days ahead of you at 8w6d but happy to share what I know.

My GP said he would send the referral directly to the maternity hospital & they would then contact me with a booking appt & ultrasound for week 12-14 - I went to the GP on Jan 3rd & just got the maternity hospital appts last week, so it took a few weeks for them to process. Have my ultra sound & booking appt on Week 13 (on different days) & the letter said that at those appts they will schedule the following ones. Depending on your hospital you may also be scheduled for a 20 week anomaly ultrasound - I know not all do they (which is crazy) but they have apparently reintroduced them in CUMH as standard so I am happy about that.

In terms of Domino scheme - my GP said it will depend on whether the pregnancy is deemed high risk or not, and that it wouldn't be clear until after the 1st booking apt & ultrasound.

My GP signed me up for the antenatal & breastfeeding classes with the hospital too - so I already go my appointments for July & August for those, very efficient!

I did also book a private ultrasound at 7w3d - which was lovely! In general I am planning to go public as I don't see any advantage with private or semi private in CUMH based on the experience or friends - the rooms are not large wards & the care is risk based anyway. I might simply pay for an extra scan or 2 as I go along if I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fatboy69

I went to my doctor on the 6th Jan but haven't heard anything yet. I haven't heard great things about Waterford UH but will be going public as the private route isn't worth it. My GP didn't mention the classes but probably as its my second it might be for first time mothers.

I might book a private scan as it might ease the nerves. January is long enough without watching the dates.

Feeling good so far, dont have morning sickness bar the odd vom or two!! My boobs are killing me though. The joys :)

fatboy69 wrote: »
    I went to my doctor on the 6th Jan but haven't heard anything yet. I haven't heard great things about Waterford UH but will be going public as the private route isn't worth it. My GP didn't mention the classes but probably as its my second it might be for first time mothers.

I might book a private scan as it might ease the nerves. January is long enough without watching the dates.

Feeling good so far, dont have morning sickness bar the odd vom or two!! My boobs are killing me though. The joys :)

Same here with the boobs! Thankfully no major sickness yet - might be worth asking the GP or the hospital at your booking appt about the classes - seeing as it's your 1st time going through it all here. Definitely worth the peace of mind to pay for an extra scan or 2 :-)

I didn't go to the gp this time, I self referred directly to The Coombe so I got my booking appointment and scan in the post a few days later. I have both on the same day which is great. Oh ladies I'm the same, the boobs are so sore they literally feel ready to explode!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Hello everyone, due my 3rd baby this September all going well! My youngest will be almost 2 and I have a 5 year old too. Excited and nervous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Hi Joining this as well. Just back from GP today estimate due date 17th Sept so still early days. Its my second so very excited my first lad will be 2 and a half so it will be going back to sleepless night again please god.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Eireog1 wrote: »
    Hi Joining this as well. Just back from GP today estimate due date 17th Sept so still early days. Its my second so very excited my first lad will be 2 and a half so it will be going back to sleepless night again please god.

Exact same date as myself :)

Nausea, tiredness and public transport don't go well together :D it's going to be a long few months with the commute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pma555

Hi Guys,

Congrats to all, a very exciting time.

I am very early and have an appointment with my doc tomorrow. I estimate my due date is the 2nd of Oct.

I have a slight dull pain on my lower right side so I am a little nervous and looking forward to seeing the doctor tomorrow. I am really hoping its going to be fine. I am sure it will be.

I should know the answer to this question as I already have a 6 and 3 year old but my memory since having kids is shocking.

Do I have to pay for the GP visit tomorrow to confirm the pregnancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

Hi pma555.

Congrats to you too! I just had my doctor visit during the week and I didn't have to pay but I do remember on my first I had a different doctor and I did have to pay so I think it might depend on the Doctor. My current Doctor registered my pregnancy online so they dont send letters anymore but it was shocking the level on incorrect details the HSE had on my considering I only my first child 2 years ago and manually updated all my information them.

I didn't have to pay my GP, but could be different with different clinics.

I had an early scan last night because I had a lot of spotting over the past week and couldn't shake the anxious feeling. Two sacs were seen (to my shock) but just 1 heartbeat. I've to go back for a follow up in 2 weeks to check if the second sac is just behind by a few days and the heart hasn't yet started beating or if it's something called vanishing twin syndrome.

Still can't decide if I am more anxious now or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

I had to pay for my first visit, but I was also going in with an ear infection at the same appointment so I was told that was not covered.

I have my early scan in 5 days and I am really looking forward to it to make sure everything is alright.

My symptoms (I felt queasy at smell of certain foods and cramps) have lessened in recent days and i feel normal. My boobs are a bit sensitive to touch but not sore. I still wake during the night for the bathroom.

Anyone still tracking their BTT?

My partner is telling me to park it and it's out of my control. But it's so hard.

I was just charged €10 for Antenatal bloods but I have seen posts elsewhere that some GP's do charge for the 1st appt.

Fingers crossed for you Ifen xxx

Finger crossed for you ifen, hope you get to relax if even a little.

I haven't been to my gp yet so I'm not sure how it'll work when I do go for the first time

Lorindol31 wrote: »
    I had to pay for my first visit, but I was also going in with an ear infection at the same appointment so I was told that was not covered.

I have my early scan in 5 days and I am really looking forward to it to make sure everything is alright.

My symptoms (I felt queasy at smell of certain foods and cramps) have lessened in recent days and i feel normal. My boobs are a bit sensitive to touch but not sore. I still wake during the night for the bathroom.

Anyone still tracking their BTT?

My partner is telling me to park it and it's out of my control. But it's so hard.

What's BTT?

On the symptom front, the queasiness is all but gone. There are still certain smells that trigger me - specifically lamb and eggs. I'm craving savoury foods with a strong flavour (a consistent craving in my last two pregnancies from start to finish so nothing new) and still getting a multitude of cramps - period cramps, muscle cramps, dull aches, stretching cramps.
    I'm also incredibly constipated and hoping sincerely that's the reason for my weight loss coming to a complete halt. I've been on a (midwife-approved) calorie-controlled diet and was doing quite well, but since I found out I'm pregnant, I've put on 1lb. I'm obese, so really hoping that doesn't continue this early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

Hope everyone doing well. I'm 5 weeks 3 days today and apart from being a little tired and wretching slightly this morning I have no symptoms. Boobs are sore on and off and have mild cramping in the evening times. Slightly worried but not sure if it's normal or not. Anyone else like this? I lost the last pregnancy around this time so feeling fairly anxious but will just have to wait and see

All good here Jezzabelle, I'm almost 9 weeks now which feels like it's gone fast but dragging at the same time.
    I think your sysmtoms sounds normal enough. I still get cramping, almost period like, but I'm assuming it's the body making room for the expanding womb. Although I totally understand your anxiety about it though

Plum Pud wrote: »
    All good here Jezzabelle, I'm almost 9 weeks now which feels like it's gone fast but dragging at the same time.
    I think your sysmtoms sounds normal enough. I still get cramping, almost period like, but I'm assuming it's the body making room for the expanding womb. Although I totally understand your anxiety about it though

Thanks, yeah I suppose I just expected symptoms to be progressing by now but I suppose it is still very early. I know myself I'm just overly anxious and need to try relax but it's easier said than done!. I am booked in for early scan next week, all going well, so that might ease my mind a little

9 weeks is good, not long to go now to go for your dating scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    What's BTT?

On the symptom front, the queasiness is all but gone. There are still certain smells that trigger me - specifically lamb and eggs. I'm craving savoury foods with a strong flavour (a consistent craving in my last two pregnancies from start to finish so nothing new) and still getting a multitude of cramps - period cramps, muscle cramps, dull aches, stretching cramps.
    I'm also incredibly constipated and hoping sincerely that's the reason for my weight loss coming to a complete halt. I've been on a (midwife-approved) calorie-controlled diet and was doing quite well, but since I found out I'm pregnant, I've put on 1lb. I'm obese, so really hoping that doesn't continue this early!

BBT is your Basal Body Temperture.
    See this link for more info on it. https://www.verywellfamily.com/ovulation-on-body-basal-temperature-chart-1960284 or any other googled website.
    I was recording it to determine when I ovulated as BBT will increase after ovulation. If you don't get pregnant it will drop back down to pre ovulation temperatures, if you get pregnant, it'll remain high.
    I'm still taking my temperatures in the mornings, and noticed the last couple of days they started to drop a bit. So I was getting kinda freaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

Jezzabelle wrote: »
    Hope everyone doing well. I'm 5 weeks 3 days today and apart from being a little tired and wretching slightly this morning I have no symptoms. Boobs are sore on and off and have mild cramping in the evening times. Slightly worried but not sure if it's normal or not. Anyone else like this? I lost the last pregnancy around this time so feeling fairly anxious but will just have to wait and see

Hey, I'm pretty much the very same as you! I'm 5 weeks 5 days! And I've been having the same thoughts about symptoms - I have a 3 year old and when I look back on that pregnancy I feel like I had lots of symptoms especially morning sickness but I also remember that it all kicked in towards the end of the 1st trimester, like maybe week 8 or thereafter. On this pregnancy so far I have the very same as you - occasionally tender boobs, some stretchy cramp type pains in the evenings but nothing too terrible. A lot of the time there is nothing to remark on. I think it is just normal cos it is so early. I remember the last time it just changed more or less over night for me and I went from feeling fine to serious morning sickness week 8 and it lasted the rest of my pregnancy! So I'm just taking it as it comes...

Lorindol31 wrote: »
    BBT is your Basal Body Temperture.
    See this link for more info on it. https://www.verywellfamily.com/ovulation-on-body-basal-temperature-chart-1960284 or any other googled website.
    I was recording it to determine when I ovulated as BBT will increase after ovulation. If you don't get pregnant it will drop back down to pre ovulation temperatures, if you get pregnant, it'll remain high.
    I'm still taking my temperatures in the mornings, and noticed the last couple of days they started to drop a bit. So I was getting kinda freaked out.

Ah, apologies. You had said BTT instead of BBT and I was wondering what I was missing. Personally have never tracked it but then I've been fortunate enough to get pregnant within 1 year for all three pregnancies. I would agree with your husband though, best not to add more stress by monitoring now and try to take it easy.

Hey, I'm pretty much the very same as you! I'm 5 weeks 5 days! And I've been having the same thoughts about symptoms - I have a 3 year old and when I look back on that pregnancy I feel like I had lots of symptoms especially morning sickness but I also remember that it all kicked in towards the end of the 1st trimester, like maybe week 8 or thereafter. On this pregnancy so far I have the very same as you - occasionally tender boobs, some stretchy cramp type pains in the evenings but nothing too terrible. A lot of the time there is nothing to remark on. I think it is just normal cos it is so early. I remember the last time it just changed more or less over night for me and I went from feeling fine to serious morning sickness week 8 and it lasted the rest of my pregnancy! So I'm just taking it as it comes...

Thanks cupcake queen. Yeah you're right in saying take it as it comes and I was only thinking to myself earlier "be careful what you wish for " lol. I'm going to make the most being symptom free for now and what will be will be!
    Good luck to you too x

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Redmond26

Hi guys!

Congratulations to everyone. I am pregnant with my first due on the 14th of September. It was a big shock for me and my partner but we’re finally getting our heads around it.

I’m 7 weeks and 5 days today and have a scan on the 8th of Feb where I’ll be 8 weeks and 5 days. I am really anxious as you really don’t know what to expect the first time around!

My symptoms are mainly sore boobs, loss of appetite (although gradually coming back), and a nose like a bloodhound. Luckily I don’t have much nausea.

Do you any of you know when approximately you have your first scan in hospital and how they communicate this scan date to you? I’ve opted to go public. I attended my GP 2 weeks ago and he said he would send on a referral letter to the Rotunda. I’m just not sure when to expect it and when it arrives I want to grab it straight away in case it’s accidentally opened!

Thanks

Redmond26 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Congratulations to everyone. I am pregnant with my first due on the 14th of September. It was a big shock for me and my partner but we’re finally getting our heads around it.

I’m 7 weeks and 5 days today and have a scan on the 8th of Feb where I’ll be 8 weeks and 5 days. I am really anxious as you really don’t know what to expect the first time around!

My symptoms are mainly sore boobs, loss of appetite (although gradually coming back), and a nose like a bloodhound. Luckily I don’t have much nausea.

Do you any of you know when approximately you have your first scan in hospital and how they communicate this scan date to you? I’ve opted to go public. I attended my GP 2 weeks ago and he said he would send on a referral letter to the Rotunda. I’m just not sure when to expect it and when it arrives I want to grab it straight away in case it’s accidentally opened!

Thanks

Congrats to you too :)

I just went onto the Holles Street website and booked myself in. My scan date came by post the next day for March 11th, which will make me 13 weeks pregnant.

• Advertisement

Morning all. Has anyone tried out the large U/V shaped body pillows & have any they recommend? I'm only 9w5d but really struggling with sleep already - trying not to sleep on my tummy or back but when I sleep on my side I end up with a really stiff shoulder & neck! Went for physio for it last week but can't afford that every week!!

Advertisement