Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Our wee 3 year old is bursting to start school. She doesn't have an imaginary friend, but she does have an imaginary teacher - Miss Samson!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

BeardySi wrote: »
    Our wee 3 year old is bursting to start school. She doesn't have an imaginary friend, but she does have an imaginary teacher - Miss Samson!

Our eldest was like that. And when she did start she was actually upset when she didn't get homework for the first term. We bought her some simple exercise books to keep her going 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

got a surprise cup of tea made for me:p

and it wasn't even followed by a request for some treats, it was just made for me for no reason at all..

got a surprise cup of tea made for me:p

and it wasn't even followed by a request for some treats, it was just made for me for no reason at all..

Took daughter,10, for a cuppa today in town and she insisted on paying for both from her money she got from a relative o we Xmas. #raising'emright :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

On Thursday's drive home from school.

'S***hole'

... thanks a bunch Today FM

• Advertisement

last nights conversation with the 9year old.
    I said something about the Grand Canyon and he said 'is it a mesa biome?'

I'd never heard that word before so I said 'what the heck is a biome', thinking he was talking gibberish. so he went on to explain it.
    I googled it too just to be fully clear on what it was.

felt like a total gobsh!te, but I was dead proud of him for teaching me something.

I asked him where he learned that from, and the answer was, Minecraft! :D

both of us had a good laugh at that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

My 3 year old...

Mam I love you so much I'm gonna buy you Peppa Pig ninnies only big big big ones 😂😂

I'd never heard that word before so I said 'what the heck is a biome', thinking he was talking gibberish. so he went on to explain it.

felt like a total gobsh!te, but I was dead proud of him for teaching me something.

Reckon there's more than one geography / history/ primary teacher referring to Minecraft for prior knowledge these days 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

My ds is a nature and dinosaur expert. He watches EVERYTHING on the topics and is constantly teaching me stuff. Ha. They are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Yesterday evening, as we were winding down before bed time our little girl stood up (independent of any support) for the first time. It was so unexpected. She was just doing one of her usual yoga poses :) and then she just pushed her hands off the ground stood upright. She was WEAK for herself, screaming laughing (as were we). That's definitely up there with the "big moments" of her little life so far. It was so surreal to see her standing and clearly delighted with herself :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My little lad (just under 22 months) remembered on Monday morning that I'd told him on Sunday night that the London Overground line behind our apartment block which had been closed for 2 months was opening again on Monday morning, practically bounced out of bed saying "Train now? Train now?" and cheered when he saw a train passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

As I crouched down to see if she needed my help with something my little girl turned to me and said, mammy, get up and make the dinner. 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

We were out for dinner with the in-laws and one of the Uncles quite gruffly demanded that his wife pass the potatoes to him.

A few minutes later, my wee girl taps me on the arm and whispers to me, 'I would never demand you Mammy'. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My 3 year old has been busy making up names for all her buddies in her pre-school class. mainly based on their favourite foods she tells me, unless they don't have a favourite food. 
    Ronan is Roni-Macaroni. 
    Matilda is Tilly
    Bobby is Chicken The Wicken.  
    Daniel is Mince Pie
    Oh, and she has renamed herself "The Cat" or "Cats" for short. 

Sounds like a rock band in the making. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

The word 'chocolate' has entered the vocab of my second child who is 21 month olds.

It's a good year earlier than when it entered her older sister's vocabulary.🙈

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Up in Kilmainham jail last Sunday, on a small tour looking around, and number 2(4yo) asks where are the prisoners!

After dinner that day, we were explaining Lent. I was saying we could take up something, like going to mass, and give up something like sweets or crisps. Let's give up mass they say. Number 1(6yo) says he will give up sweets. Deadly. Number 2 says crisps. And its ok to eat hoola hoops, because they're not crisps!

Oh and I forgot the latest one. Bit of a sick house here, Mrs B is ill with a bug. Number 1 has chickenpox, and number 2 has something brewing. I'm grand, or I'd say anyway.

I was in doing the dinner, no 1 was on the couch, numb 2 was in playroom. Oh nurse I shout, see if the patient wants a drink. Up she shoots, and brings in a bottle of water for mammy. Comes out to me and I suggest getting her doctors kit from her room. Up she goes, down with all the gear. He jumps up and wants to help too. She puts on a stethoscope and makes her way over to the patient on the couch. No no goes number 1, nurses don't use stethoscopes. I'm not really a nurse, I'm a advanced nurse practicer(practitioner).

Mammy when not sick, is aiming for ANP, and they know she goes to college and has exams/assignments, but the fact she remembered. Guess we know what she's going to do when she leaves school!

Does anyone else's kids check the bins, to see what the parentals were munching on areir? I got busted for having a cream egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Not yet...But the house phone has gone missing and I'd swear the youngest has disposed of it in the bin...high and low I searched..it's no where to be seen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

They can spot the merest piece of junk food wrapper from 10 feet away.... mammy what's that small bit of purple?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Not yet...But the house phone has gone missing and I'd swear the youngest has disposed of it in the bin...high and low I searched..it's no where to be seen!!
    I had to get one of those units to put my bins in a kitchen cupboard for this very reason. EVERYTHING was going in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gaia Mother Earth

They're like expert sniffer dogs around sugar and wrappers. Their noses always lead the way.

himself is going through a growth spurt and has been eating all day.
    after having a bedtime snack of one and a half toasty's, he lies back and says 'when is the main course!'
    well I only:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My four-year-old told me I was his Valentine, and even made me a card with a "Valentines monster" on it! :o

I got a beautiful valentine's card today, and it had a cup of tea drawn on it!

*I drink a lot of tea:D:D

also the fact that I bought him a pug valentines teddy, and he brought it to school and hasn't stoppped hugging it all day:). he's asleep now cuddling it

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Was doing some reading with my 6 year old who is disinterested in learning. She was reading a sentence " Fluffy pricked her ears" became "fluffy pricked her arse" cue her uncontrollably laughter and an end to reading for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

So for months now whenever our daughter (now 15 months old) sees us pouring a glass of water is always goes "aahhhhh" (imitating us as if she's just had a cool refreshing drink herself). Yesterday, I was carrying her in the kitchen and asked my wife to boil some water, and she goes "aahhhhh". It probably sounds like the smallest of things but it was so cool to realize that she understood the word 'water' and made the connection to say "aahhhhh" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

3yo told me she wished she was a poo (while doing the deed) so she'd know what it was like to be flushed down the toilet!!!! :eek::confused::D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

23 month old thinks all fizzy drinks are beer. He handed me my bottle of Coke Zero earlier and said "Mummy beer"...

Advertisement