Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The PGA Championship Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Varner shooting 10 over beside him can't have helped Brooks.

It's 11 over now I believe, poor guy!

It'd be epic if Brooks tapped in for victory and gave the finger to the crowd

They shouldnt hold tournaments in New York crowd are obnoxious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Playoff, I hope or he will win by one

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I hope he has a short one and doesn't wait to tap it in like last year. Crowd deserve that.

• Advertisement

Warner, not a single bogey all week. +11 today jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Scrabbel

Joint 8-13 for Shane. A tidy $265k.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Great putt to win.

Im happy for him to win now as it was somewhat interesting last hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Was interesting in end

But was always too big a lead to lose.

• Advertisement

A gem by McGinley, "Winning majors will give him a lot of personality".

I'm glad he won in the end, i wouldn't have liked to see him collapse. But i'm also glad he got a bit of a reality check of what majors are all about. He certainly felt the pressure.

Dj the only player to shoot 4 rounds in the 60s, is an amazing performance from himself tbf

Happy for him. But it shows just how much in the mind golf is. DJ blitzing the course and then hes in contention and he sh1ts the bed. Then Brooks has some leeway and hes happy out and brings it home again.

Same with Rory, about to miss the cut tournament over and has a good final 2 1/3 rounds.

Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Warner, not a single bogey all week. +11 today jesus

He had 3 on the first day.

fullstop wrote: »
    He had 3 on the first day.

Oh right, sorry was it round 2 and 3? He was bogey free

A gem by McGinley, "Winning majors will give him a lot of personality".

More so aimed at the fickle fans I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Oh right, sorry was it round 2 and 3? He was bogey free

Just round 3. He looked rock solid all week though...except today, which was your point really so I’ll stop being pedantic now!

Open in 3 weeks, love it.

Roll on

The bogeys on 16 and 17 from DJ completely took the pressure off Koepka, who was surely aware of what was going on due to the crowd/leaderboards. Would've been very interesting had DJ parred even one of those holes.

• Advertisement

Gutted for Jazz, 77 in the end for him, T14

Open in 3 weeks, love it.

Roll on

For me personally, I think this new schedule is great for golf.

You are seeing, big name players most weeks, nearly ever week tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted for Brooks, he is the new king. No.1 in the world now too. If he wins in Pebble Beach it'll be great.

Crazy to think Rory finished T8 when he was +7 at one stage in the 2nd round

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Faldo shot 67.

I mixed it up with his win in the open where he shot the 18 pars

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Rikand wrote: »
    I mixed it up with his win in the open where he shot the 18 pars

Yeah the borefest at Muirfield.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

I suppose this will bring an end to the "Rory has most majors of the last x years"(Where x is Current year - 2011) any time someone questions Rory's game.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭neddynasty

yaboya1 wrote: »
    They also seemed to be waiting on almost every hole to play. Professional golf is desperate for slow play.

This may have been mentioned here already.

Adam Scott (I think) was playing with Patrick Cantlay yesterday. The commentators were talking about Cantlay being a slow player in general. He was taking forever (60 seconds) addressing a putt and eventually backed off it. You could see Scott in the corner of the screen throwing his arms in the air and shaking his head. The more fellow pros complain about it the better and something might be done about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

neddynasty wrote: »
    This may have been mentioned here already.

Adam Scott (I think) was playing with Patrick Cantlay yesterday. The commentators were talking about Cantlay being a slow player in general. He was taking forever (60 seconds) addressing a putt and eventually backed off it. You could see Scott in the corner of the screen throwing his arms in the air and shaking his head. The more fellow pros complain about it the better and something might be done about it.

I think players have go to stop being so gentlemanly about it and either call out their playing partners or play on without them and leave them behind if they are taking to long.

Dustin Johnson at one of the events earlier in the year just walked to the next tee while Patrick Reed was taking ages over a putt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Russman

I think players have go to stop being so gentlemanly about it and either call out their playing partners or play on without them and leave them behind if they are taking to long.

Dustin Johnson at one of the events earlier in the year just walked to the next tee while Patrick Reed was taking ages over a putt.

Totally agree with the sentiment, but didn’t someone get in trouble for doing that a few years ago ? Maybe Rory Sabbatini iirc. ?

Advertisement