Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

OU812 wrote: »
    In other Seattle news, they were just awarded an NHL franchise, due to start around 2021. Wonder what they'll be called

There was a whole reddit thread on this. Ones I can repeat included the Seattle Starbucks and the Seattle GiveittoMarshawnLynchon2ndand1Petes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Another good batch of results last night re. the wildcard chase with Panthers, Eagles and Redskins all losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

A win tonight and it would take a total collapse to not make the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

A somewhat scrappy win, Bobby Wagner immense again, what a player.

From the highlights the scoreline defintely flatters. It looked like a very tight game until the turnover that led to Coleman's TD.

Still a win is a win and the 5th seed spot is now theirs to lose. Hopefully the scrap for the 6th seed amongst the other teams should ensure that.

• Advertisement

I only saw the highlights too and I'd agree. But the new-found character in the team seems immense. Given our tight defeats to the Rams we really shouldn't be afraid of anyone

Watch the game last night, should have been way further ahead by the end of the first half.

The Vikings didnt get into our half of the field until Q3.

We moved the ball easily in the first half but messed up in the red zone at least twice coming away with 0.

In the second Vikings went for it on 4th and goal and got stuffed and there was a blocked field goal.

6-0 up with about 5 mins to go is always nervy.

Scored 14 points in about 90 seconds to finish it. Gave up their only score inside the last two mins.

Would be a shocking collapse not to wrap up the fifth seed now - so likely to be going to Chicago or Dallas wildcard weekend in Jan.

Well that was an unexpected twist.

Looks like the Cardinals game in week 17 may be a must win.

They should never have lost. Poor secondary defence after McDougald went off injured and the OL giving away stupid penalties threw it away.

Hopefully it won't matter and they can get everyone back fit and healthy. Pocic looks like he could be a liability.

The one positive was Baldwin starting to look like his old self for the first time after an injury hampered season.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The offensive penalties killed us....poor decision making and avoidable.

• Advertisement

Just watched the highlights - what a bloody win! It just shows we can take anyone on our day (although home advantage obviously helped). This team is fun to watch again

Home advantage is huge alright!

Still it’s great to be back in the playoffs. They’ll give whoever they play a decent game in the Wildcards. Need a bit of luck to win on the road though and hopefully no more injuries between now and then.

Lose to the 3-10 49ers, beat the 10-4 Chiefs. Makes sense.

Highlights from the game looked good, Wilson, Carson and Baldwin all looked on top form.

Always nice to be playing in Jan

Well that looked an awful performance.

Onto Dallas!

Fortunately we seem to raise our game for the big ones, and there are no easy games from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Real 50/50 game tonight I think. Both team will want to run the ball so could be a low scoring game. You'd think Seahawks have the edge at QB, Dak is average enough and doesn't have the X factor that Wilson has

Think this is going to be a stressful night

A lot of criticism online for going run run pass kick all night. Many positives this season but the ending sticks in the craw a little. We can keep the emphasis on running but need more flexibility on offense to consistently challenge the big boys next season

Only got to see the highlights myself but surely losing Janikowski at half time had an impact. It’s hard enough to win on the road without being able to kick field goals.

Still think the team has overachieved for the season given that the personnel is more or less indistinguishable from that which got to two Super Bowls.

Losing Earl early in the season was another big blow given the saga he had created in the offseason. It’s going to be interesting how they handle his inevitable departure. He’s too valuable to just let walk.

So how many backwards trades are we expecting tonight - currently with the 21st and 29th picks!

• Advertisement

We have so few that I think we might actually make a first round pick.

In other news I've got tickets for the Vikings game in December, as my treat for a big birthday next year. Just the rest of the trip to arrange now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

In other news I've got tickets for the Vikings game in December, as my treat for a big birthday next year. Just the rest of the trip to arrange now!

Is the schedule out yet?

Out over a week

Nice thinking of @Atlanta oct bank holiday weekend or @Philidelphia in Nov for this years game

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

I'm heading over to that game as well. Have you been before?

Jarran Reed suspended for the first 6 games for something that happened in 2017.

Without Clark there is not a lot of experience going to be starting the season on the defensive line until Ansah is passed fit!

Might be going to a game this year. Couple of things need to fall into place

akenno wrote: »
    I'm heading over to that game as well. Have you been before?

No, first time there and first time being at any NFL game. I'm hoping the weather is fairly tolerable

Thinking of heading over to the Seahawks @ Rams game in December in LA.

Do you guys buy your tickets on StubHub or Ticketmaster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

I got my tickets through stubhub one year and the rest I have always used Ticketmaster exchange or ticketmaster. 100% guaranteed ticket is a great benefit especially for those having to travel so far to go the game, you want to have confidence that the ticket is legit.

For LA Rams, you won't have any issues getting tickets as they never sell out the Coliseum. The cheapest time is to wait until the week of the game. If you want to sit in a particular part of the stadium you are better off just buying the ticket when you want to when the price is right for you.

Advertisement