Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What dairy bulls are you going with

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jd_12345

Anyone have an idea of success rates in synchronised programs on cows, have a couple of 1st lac that had no issues calving and good weight not cycled yet approx 60 days.

Usually wouldn't bother but they are fleckvieh I imported to trial, to be fair milking well and they certainly had not grazed previously and we were told otherwise.

I See there is a CIDR/Grnh/PM/Grnh 10 day program but not sure how suited milking cows are .

As other people have said get the vet to scan before doing anything with them.
    If it means keeping them in on top quality silage to get them going I wonder would it be worth it. If they’re not used to grazing it might all be too much of a change, especially the cold nights we’ve been having recently. Given how much those imports costs I wouldn’t spare it to get them back in calf. It’ll probably only for this year as they should be adapted by next year so I’d pull out all the stops to get them in calf!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Madisonmenece

jd_12345 wrote: »
    As other people have said get the vet to scan before doing anything with them.
    If it means keeping them in on top quality silage to get them going I wonder would it be worth it. If they’re not used to grazing it might all be too much of a change, especially the cold nights we’ve been having recently. Given how much those imports costs I wouldn’t spare it to get them back in calf. It’ll probably only for this year as they should be adapted by next year so I’d pull out all the stops to get them in calf!

One came in yesterday, perhaps just slower coming to full heat given they are essentially a dairy simental, if they come all come in a go in calf first time we will forgive the delay

Advertisement