Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand National 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Would this have been Elliots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Considering everything that happened pre Cheltenham, Blackmore's success has been such a welcomed boost for the sport and a massive positive in the last month and I'm delighted for her and the sport. Over the moon.

Hon Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭Xander10

Superb, delighted for Rachael..brought a tear to my eye and I didn't even back it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Would this have been Elliots?

No, always de Bromhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Had minella to win and any second now e/w

Absolutely delighted for Rachel Blackmore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just realised De Bromhead had a 1-2 there, got caught up in the emotion of Rachael winning.

He has had some festival season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Had a last minute 2.50 e/w on Balko (Sorry for the a.t.) but absolutely delighted for Blackmore. Wasn't even shouting for my bet tbh. (Also had a similar amount on two others so didn't win much anyway)

Well, I'm a stupid bastid anyway. Must have forgotten to click the e/w box!!!!!!!!!!! Says my Balko bet was to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,619 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What were odds on her horse before the race?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

walshb wrote: »

As long as 50/1 a couple of months back, SP of 11/1. PP estimated, yesterday, they will have to pay out £15m quid if she won.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

walshb wrote: »

10/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2021 has been some year for Rachel, delighted for her, has to be sportsperson of the year in Ireland and UK

Just realised De Bromhead had a 1-2 there, got caught up in the emotion of Rachael winning.

Not to mention Ireland had 1,2,3,4 and 5!!!!!!

Hail RACHEL BLACKMORE......LEGEND

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Thought Minella was too short pre-race but shows what I know.

Absolutely delighted for Rachel. She is a superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Weights released today, Tiger Roll rated at 166, a rating O'Leary has said he will not allow the horse to run off.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/2021-grand-national/i-hope-he-runs-for-the-public-elliott-on-7lb-national-rise-for-tiger-roll/473751

Would be tempted to take a punt on Minella Times at 50/1 who looks chucked in off its weight.

50/1 winner, I hope you had plenty on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    My darts for the big race...

Burrow Saint
    Any Second Now
    Potters Corner
    Farclas
    And a few quid on Lake View Lad

3rd, 4th and 5th ensures profit.

Delighted for Blackmore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Well done to rachael blackmoor and Henry de bromhead.some horse aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭Xander10

his horses are like machines at the moment, should have done the reverse forecast:pac::pac::pac:

just like in the Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

any word on robbie power? sums him up the past 2 years some fall from grace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Bryony Frost gone to hospital for assessment.

The Long Mile unfortunately put to sleep.

Was just mentioned on ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

well done to all Minella Times backers.

Looking at his form I never would have backed him

• Advertisement

As a sad postscript to what was a FANTASTIC race, the " LONG MILE" had to be euthanized after fall,sympathys to the connections, Mc Manus

WD Rachael :)

Class jockey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Quarn hard not to be swept up in the emotion of it all. Delighted for Rachael- an absolute gem of a jockey and a credit to her family.

Cannot beat sport for drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Brilliant win and a genuinely great ride, never far away. I was roaring her home on the couch here.
    15 finishers, 12 trained in Ireland. 3 UK finishers were 50/1 50/1 and 100/1. I thought Blaklion was going to win at the Melling Road. What has happened to UK jump racing? Shocking performances from a number of the favoured horses. Nearly as bad as some of the coverage-- half the race seemed to be beamed from a helicopter. Bring back the old BBC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,644 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Had Irish to get

1st 2nd 3rd @ 8/1

1st 2nd 3rd 4th @ 18/1

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th @ 50/1

Will post screenshot when site is back.up :D

^^^^^^^^^^

Rancid aftertiming.. Ruined a good thread... Folk that lost were happy (me included) that Rachael won, but there's always one :rolleyes:

^^^^^^^^^^

Rancid aftertiming.. Ruined a good thread... Folk that lost were happy (me included) that Rachael won, but there's always one :rolleyes:

Am very happy she won, she had an amazing Cheltenham and this is the icing on the cake for her. Sorry for spreading my good luck with fellow punters and "ruining" your perfect thread :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Had Irish to get

1st 2nd 3rd @ 8/1

1st 2nd 3rd 4th @ 18/1

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th @ 50/1

Will post screenshot when site is back.up :D

Read Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

just a reminder for all bet365 winners on Minella Times in the Grand national - you have a free bet in the next feature race which is a sh!te old handicap in Kelso 15:05 tomorrow. Any tips gladly received cos it looks like a difficult one to pick a winner in :D

I'd say she has the RTE spoty won already and possibly the BBC version as well, some 4 weeks for RB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Shortlist for 305 Kelso: hitmanfred, nonomac, mannochmore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I hope RB gets RTE SPOTY but I doubt she'll be given the BBC one

• Advertisement

pottokblue wrote:
    I hope RB gets RTE SPOTY but I doubt she'll be given the BBC one

Your right, Olympics and euros on so they'll have a someone to crown, overseas/International winner maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

I'd say she has the RTE spoty won already and possibly the BBC version as well, some 4 weeks for RB

Bryony will win the BBC one.

Minella times,Rachael blackmoor and Henry de bromhead are going to be a pub quiz question forever more.
    History made.delighted for them.
    I had ok corral who pulled up on the second circuit.

My apologies, been working all day and didn't get to post the bets earlier. Not posting to boast or aftertime just sharing some good luck, 51 years old and 1st time I have finished an Aintree festival in profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭robbiezero

clevtrev wrote: »
    just a reminder for all bet365 winners on Minella Times in the Grand national - you have a free bet in the next feature race which is a sh!te old handicap in Kelso 15:05 tomorrow. Any tips gladly received cos it looks like a difficult one to pick a winner in :D

Cheers. Does the half stake back impact this offer e.g. if i had 10 ew on minella do i have 20 free bet on that race in Kelso?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Frozen Veg wrote: »

About a 50/1 poke at the minute if you're that confident about it. Wide open, it seems, 6s the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

robbiezero wrote: »
    Cheers. Does the half stake back impact this offer e.g. if i had 10 ew on minella do i have 20 free bet on that race in Kelso?
    Thanks

I can only assume normal rules apply as you didn't have an option not to take up their grand national offer. I would say try them on webchat in the morning if you are concerned

My apologies, been working all day and didn't get to post the bets earlier. Not posting to boast or aftertime just sharing some good luck, 51 years old and 1st time I have finished an Aintree festival in profit.

Congrats to you on the win.
    I hadn’t a winner in the national since amberleigh house in 2004.that was a small and plucky little horse.a great jockey in graham lee

Well done...... Nice work.......I've had bottle it & went IRELAND 1-2-3...... BUT to go for the full 5.....fairplay, a 50/1 is ALWAYS A SWEET DOCKET. enjoy

It doesn't bother me to be honest,

Just trying to explain why some get upset with it - which is understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Any Second Now my main fancy. 11/1
    Shattered Love and Class Conti EW.
    Did Irish first 4 @ 40/1 last night also.
    Nothing wrong with a 40/1 winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I back about 2 races a year. GN & if someone gives me a tip for something. Backed the winner because Rachel is Irish, from Tipp, a woman, the owner is JP and hubby is from Limerick and Minella is a hotel in Clonmel. Good a reason as any :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Frozen Veg wrote: »

Why would that cow win anything?

Haven't backed winner of National since Auroras Encore in 2013 at 80/1 :(

There's always next year. I'm liking the "will be twelve yr old" who's been carefully managed by Gary Moore, and he'd be getting in off a low weight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Haven't backed winner of National since Auroras Encore in 2013 at 80/1 :(

There's always next year. I'm liking the "will be twelve yr old" who's been carefully managed by Gary Moore, and he'd be getting in off a low weight..

Same. Had 10k each way on it. Great day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement