Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil VIIIage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

n6cjLCM.png

image.png

vwC8DTs.png

nih5dfW.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Surprised the AMDs are performing so well. More than likely it's the console code being optimised for AMD hardware.

Insane performance all the same. Goes to show just how good the RE engine is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nice to see my ol' 1660 still hanging in there :D I only play 1080p so will be just fine, if I do decide to grab this one. Never did finish 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

Smyths charged me last night but no shipping update when I use tracking number on the an post website 😪

Smyths showing out of stock, won't let me order it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Smyths showing out of stock, won't let me order it :(

They usually do that a day or 2 before release, 'should' be more in stock tomorrow.

I have a DPD tracking code but their site says it doesn't exist. Doubt I'll get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ Fingers crossed we'll be both playing it tomorrow night dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any decent prices/deals for the Xbox version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

went to finish VII last night to finish it before tomorrow as I'd gotten as far as the boat section and never played on.
    I'd been playing it fully in VR and my last save was from 2017!

I was doing a particularly spooky bit.. crawling through a dark passageway... really tense waiting on somethin to jump out at me when unbeknownst to me... noticing I was still in the party chat group from earlier and was playing Resident Evil, one of the lads rejoined the chat. because I was in VR ( maybe? ) it didnt come up as a notification and out of nowhere I get this really weird "Hellllllooooooooo?" that was very out of place but scared the absolute sh1te out of me .. followed by "Do ya wana have another game of Warzone?". F@ck sake...... Needless to say I'll be logging out of any chat groups before playing this again in VR

Hopefully I won't take as long to complete VIII :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Running an RX580 so the above isn't ideal news. A shame as I was able to run the two remakes and RE7 ok.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

My trusty 1080Ti still smashing it. What a workhorse it has been.

Actually, not getting my hopes up about this arriving tomorrow. DPD just received the sender info at lunch time so haven't collected it from Smyths yet. With how busy couriers are lately, I'd be surprised if I get this tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Actually, not getting my hopes up about this arriving tomorrow. DPD just received the sender info at lunch time so haven't collected it from Smyths yet. With how busy couriers are lately, I'd be surprised if I get this tomorrow.

Don't give up hope just yet. I'll bet you my Benefactor Schafter that you will have the game tomorrow :)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Don't give up hope just yet. I'll bet you my Benefactor Schafter that you will have the game tomorrow :)

I'll take that bet, will put up my Sanchez :D

24 hours after Smyths charge me still not scanned by an post 🀬

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Any recommendations for somewhere to get this digitally a bit cheaper, have Xbox Series X and PS5, I can get it on PC much cheaper but would prefer to try it on console. €70 is a bit steep though.

One of the lads bought it through a site called "buygames.ps" but he told me you have to do some dodgy signing into someones account to download it or something, sounds sketchy. It only cost him €45 on PS5...

Also on another note, is the game going to be released at 12 tonight or during the day on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

GameStop copy arrived this morning. I have it on hardcore mode (like I do with most games), but this is crazy difficult! Should get at least 4 times the length of a normal playthrough out of it anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone know if this unlocks at midnight or do we have to wait for the Yanks to wake up? Wouldn't mind leaving the PC on during the night so it's ready after work tomorrow.

My copy arrived yesterday morning from Gamestop and from what I have played so far it is good but the game does seem to be more focused on action rather than scares this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyone know if this unlocks at midnight or do we have to wait for the Yanks to wake up? Wouldn't mind leaving the PC on during the night so it's ready after work tomorrow.

Available to download via Steam the past hour or so. Only about a 28GB install......won't bother trying it out till tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Any recommendations for somewhere to get this digitally a bit cheaper, have Xbox Series X and PS5, I can get it on PC much cheaper but would prefer to try it on console. €70 is a bit steep though.

I bought my copy from cd keys and Iits installed there have bought multiple games with no issues in the past.

They have Xbox versions ranging from 60 to 65 euro for deluxe

Anyone getting it from Smyths get an update on this? Mine is still showing 1 entry, Order data received from sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Got this from gamestop yesterday morning,

Feel like its going to be short enough, it looks very visually impressive those teeth tho....

Enjoying it but I say anyone familiar with Resi will blitz it. Playing it on standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Anyone getting it from Smyths get an update on this? Mine is still showing 1 entry, Order data received from sender.

Same here, even downloaded the dpd app as it sometimes updates quicker, doubt I'll have it today :(

Would have liked it for the weekend but have Returnal to keep me going... can't replace a new RE though!

Out for delivery in Galway ��

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Delivered in Dublin this morning via An Post.

Delivered in Dublin this morning via An Post.

Weird, I wonder why they went with DPD for Limerick. They are actually delivering something else to me today at lunchtime so hopefully this gets bundled in with it but not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Mine arrived first thing this morning from an post

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looking forward to diving in over the weekend, but after seeing the box art in person I just want to reiterate that VILLAGE (stylised with an VIII) is a very funny and ridiculous name for a major video game.

Advertisement