Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Yeah, MCR will definitely not go ahead being on June 23rd:( Hella Mega too on the 29th. Fingers crossed they are postponed rather than cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Yeah, MCR will definitely not go ahead being on June 23rd:( Hella Mega too on the 29th. Fingers crossed they are postponed rather than cancelled.

Hella mega has been postponed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hella mega has been postponed anyway

link?

link?

Ticketmaster for the event
    Any of the bands twitters

Take your pick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Forbidden Fruit announced cancellation earlier

https://twitter.com/ForbiddenFFest/status/1253355308161929217/photo/1

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    Exactly, TM don’t mention it, has been discussed at length on other threads.

Where a gig is postponed, if ticket bought from TM, you need to request a refund here :

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

Select “Refund/Exchange”in the select a topic menu, and fill in all the other fields.

It’s taking approx 5 to 10 working days at the moment before your card is credited.

Going from recent experiences, TM won’t process a refund request for a rescheduled event, until, such time, as the new event date has been officially announced. So its really a waste of time requesting a refund until the new date is announced by the event promoter.

As I've posted a particular post a number of times in this forum on different threads, I won't post it again as some idiot will report me for spamming. So click on my profile and review my posts in this forum over last week.

To update you all, I'm in the process of receiving a full refund for ticket purchases for a gig that's yet to reschedule but didn't go ahead- perseverance is my recommendation and demand your rights (which you have, based on Ticketmaster T&C 's when you purchased)

The Killers moved to 15 and 16th of June 2021
    All tickets remain valid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,882 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bon Jovi cancelled there upcoming US tour so fans can get there money back

Very thoughtful

Live at the Marquee off, some gigs postponed to next year. Working to reschedule others.

https://aikenpromotions.com/componen...ml?Itemid=2488

The Coronas (original date, 29 May 2020) rescheduled for 28 May 2021

The 2 Johnnies Podcast (original date, 30 May 2020),rescheduled for 29 May2021
    Sinéad O’Connor (original date, 5 June 2020) rescheduled for 20 June 2021

John Bishop (original date, 17 June 2020) rescheduled for 13 June 2021 & (original date 18 June 2020) rescheduled for 14 June 2021

Christy Moore (original date, 27 June 2020) rescheduled for 26 June 2021

Crowded House (original date, 29 June 2020) rescheduled for 28 June 2021

Same with Live at Iveagh Gardens. Some rescheduled, working on the others.

https://aikenpromotions.com/shows/sh...587731578.html

Damien Dempsey (original date, 10 July 2020) rescheduled for 10 July 2021

James Blunt (original date, 12 July 2020) rescheduled for 11 July 2021

Aslan (original date, 3 July 2020) rescheduled for 16 July 2021

Sinéad O'Connor (original date, 19 July 2020) rescheduled for 18 July 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,882 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My Chemical Romance changed to Tuesday 22nd June 2021 for the same venue RHK

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭hkjohn

Nick Mason cancelled with seemingly no plans to rearrange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

As I've posted a particular post a number of times in this forum on different threads, I won't post it again as some idiot will report me for spamming. So click on my profile and review my posts in this forum over last week.

To update you all, I'm in the process of receiving a full refund for ticket purchases for a gig that's yet to reschedule but didn't go ahead- perseverance is my recommendation and demand your rights (which you have, based on Ticketmaster T&C 's when you purchased)

Please update us, if you receive a TM refund, which is what i was specifically referring to- for an event that is still pending, the announcement of a new date, as that has been mine and many others experience so far, with TM.
    Possible, TM are changing their policy, or it could be, only where original gig date has passed & in advance of rescheduling daye being announced, thatthey are refunding. Lots of different scenarios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭kegg

hkjohn wrote: »
    Nick Mason cancelled with seemingly no plans to rearrange

Link?
    No need. Just seen the email. ðŸ™

Please update us, if you receive a TM refund, which is what i was specifically referring to- for an event that is still pending, the announcement of a new date, as that has been mine and many others experience so far, with TM.
    Possible, TM are changing their policy, or it could be, only where original gig date has passed & in advance of rescheduling daye being announced, thatthey are refunding. Lots of different scenarios.

Money back in my account now. Gig was only classed as rescheduled up until today- now it’s cancelled but I made the application for refund once gig became rescheduled status over a week ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Has the Caribou gig in Iveagh Gardens been cancelled yet? It's under the 5000 capacity, but it's hardly gonna go ahead with 4000 people at it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Has the Caribou gig in Iveagh Gardens been cancelled yet? It's under the 5000 capacity, but it's hardly gonna go ahead with 4000 people at it:confused:

Working on new date

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Will there be any issues with the Agnes Obel gig in Vicar Street?

I know it's under the 5,000 persons requirement but what with the 2 metres requirement for social distancing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,470 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

As expected, Fontaines DC in the Iveagh Gardens is "rescheduled", no date yet. Realistically unless they move to another venue, the only possibility is same time next year.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Have the gigs in Trinity officially been cancelled/postponed yet?

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Will there be any issues with the Agnes Obel gig in Vicar Street?

I know it's under the 5,000 persons requirement but what with the 2 metres requirement for social distancing...

When is it? Current rules stop any gatherings so guess unless that significantly changes between now and then say its unlikely. Many promoters may postpone with the uncertainty too

Money back in my account now. Gig was only classed as rescheduled up until today- now it’s cancelled but I made the application for refund once gig became rescheduled status over a week ago

Thanks for sharing, which gig was that btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Eod100 wrote: »
    When is it? Current rules stop any gatherings so guess unless that significantly changes between now and then say its unlikely. Many promoters may postpone with the uncertainty too

This is the rescheduled date

20th August 2020

SFC1895 wrote: »

I have not seen one, and believe it or not, they are still selling them on ticketmaster.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/michael-kiwanuka-brittany-howard-at-trinity-summer-series-dublin-29-06-2020/event/1800582EF2D859AA

seligehgit wrote: »
    This is the rescheduled date

20th August 2020

Ah gotcha. Guess promoter might wait until a bit closer to reschedule again in that case. Have seen gigs in Vicar Street in June being postponed lately.

Dermot Kennedy's St Anne's Park, INEC, Belfast, Malahide Castle and Cork gigs rescheduled to June 2021.

https://twitter.com/DermotKennedy/status/1255089917903933440/photo/1

SFC1895 wrote: »

No nothing yet. MCD just have general announcement about gigs over 5,000. I think capacity is around that. Hope to have full schedule out today apparently.

https://mcd.ie/rescheduled-events/

Dermot Kennedy's St Anne's Park, INEC, Belfast, Malahide Castle and Cork gigs rescheduled to June 2021.

https://twitter.com/DermotKennedy/status/1255089917903933440/photo/1

Picture this also rescheduled Cork, Dublin & Belfast, to June 2021

https://twitter.com/picturethis/status/1255093552352288769?s=20

There were 7 gigs at Irish Independant Park Cork, 2 of these now rescheduled to June 2021, good to see the series continuing in Cork

Have not heard anything about the Bellx1 gigs in May, have one booked for just over 3 weeks in Saint Lukes Cork, and nada.

They have 11 gigs scheduled across Ireland between late May & August

• Advertisement

Have not heard anything about the Bellx1 gigs in May, have one booked for just over 3 weeks in Saint Lukes Cork, and nada.

Yeah I was thinking about those St Lukes gigs the other day. Seems a bit odd there's been nothing about them yet. Unless they're waiting for government to issue new guidelines ruling them out for insurance or other reasons.

Lot of rescheduled gigs announced today.

Deadmau5 at Marquee rescheduled to June 2021.

https://twitter.com/LATMofficial/status/1255104422553817088

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ts_editor

The Belfast show, along with the rest of the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival was cancelled weeks ago. Already received my refund.

ts_editor wrote: »
    The Belfast show, along with the rest of the Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival was cancelled weeks ago. Already received my refund.

I heard that, but that Bellx1 gig, was just one part of a much bigger multI event festival- which was cancelled outright.They still have 11 active gigs in Ireland right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I heard that, but that Bellx1 gig, was just one part of a much bigger multI event festival- which was cancelled outright.They still have 11 active gigs in Ireland right now.

I think its fair to say that there wont be any gigs of any sort in Ireland until at least September .

Zardoz wrote: »
    I think its fair to say that there wont be any gigs of any sort in Ireland until at least September .

Agreed, so Bellx1 are leaving it very late to leave people know, the first gig, is in less than 4 weeks time, I’m sure they will all be rescheduled, so get on with it lads !

• Advertisement

Cashed in on my All Together Now ticket by applying for a refund. I will see what the musical landscape is looking like in 2021 and may reinvest or change to Another Love Story.

I genuinely fear a lot of acts may not tour in 2021.

Checked my Ticketmaster account and it says my Forbidden Fruit Ticket monies will be returned to me automatically.

I had tickets for Primavera as well which has been moved to August but surely this wont go ahead as Spain is so ravaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I'm re-posting this here for those interested in refunds for postponed gigs, as opposed to cancelled gigs: Ticketmaster are very coy around posting any of this information on their Covid-19 page - i found it in the general T&C's and contract information page.

See below T&C's of the contract you enter into with ticketmaster. So the thing to do is await new date, and if you don't want to go, demand a refund.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

I see ticketmaster changed some of the bits you have in bold writing specifically saying no Service Charges refunded since round April 21st!!!!

I am applying for some refunds for rescheduled events so my question is should I be refunded all Service Charges as I bought my tickets before the terms and conditions were amended or do I need to suck it up thanks?

Here's the updated terms and conditions for rescheduled events.

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages (Service Charges and Order Processing Fees are non-refundable). Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

I see ticketmaster changed some of the bits you have in bold writing specifically saying no Service Charges refunded since round April 21st!!!!

I am applying for some refunds for rescheduled events so my question is should I be refunded all Service Charges as I bought my tickets before the terms and conditions were amended or do I need to suck it up thanks?

Here's the updated terms and conditions for rescheduled events.

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages (Service Charges and Order Processing Fees are non-refundable). Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

Sneaky out. Good thing OP posted original to compare! I don't see how they can retrospectively change it, surely t and cs apply from when you bought tickets not when you seek refund? Think they're playing fast and loose with rules here but not sure who's going to challenge them.

Governments seem to be thinking of rolling over about airlines giving vouchers instead of refunds. Think EU would be stronger on this tbh.

Sneaky out. Good thing OP posted original to compare! I don't see how they can retrospectively change it, surely t and cs apply from when you bought tickets not when you seek refund? Think they're playing fast and loose with rules here but not sure who's going to challenge them.

Governments seem to be thinking of rolling over about airlines giving vouchers instead of refunds. Think EU would be stronger on this tbh.

Yep that's my concern too.How would you challenge them about it as they seem to make up there own rules as they go along?

I will be very annoyed if they don't refund the service charges being honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

12k jobs lost with BA today should show it just wouldn't make any sense to subdue businesses in a period of such uncertainty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Any word on the Ricky Gervais gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,470 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

12k jobs lost with BA today should show it just wouldn't make any sense to subdue businesses in a period of such uncertainty.

That's not an excuse to screw their customers, many of whom are having financial difficulties themselves.

Scrap the cap!

Agreed, so Bellx1 are leaving it very late to leave people know, the first gig, is in less than 4 weeks time, I’m sure they will all be rescheduled, so get on with it lads !

An email from the Cork Venue this morning, (Saint Lukes Church)where Bell x1 have 3 gigs in late May, saying basically, the gigs are off, but they want to wait until the next Government update on what they can, and cannot do, and will reschedule, once that update has been given- all fair enough.

Once, new dates are announced, anyone can at that point opt for a refund, or keep original tickets for the revised dates

Not subdue no but not avoid paying customers what's due to them. Theres a risk that some airlines may not still exist to honour those vouchers in 6 or 12 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭FledNanders

Any announcement on The National gig in Limerick in June?

Sorry if already mentioned

Lewis Capaldi pushed back a year.

Cork Independent Park moved from Thursday June 18th 2020 to Thursday June 17th 2021.

Malahide Castle moved from Saturday June 20th 2021 to Saturday June 19th 2021.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Any word on the Ricky Gervais gig?

Ricky was on the Late Late a few weeks ago and said that nothing before September looks like going ahead.
    He has postponed all of his Uk gigs until later in the year but for some bizarre reason the Dublin gig has not been moved yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That's not an excuse to screw their customers, many of whom are having financial difficulties themselves.
    I don't get ya, it's not an excuse its a stark reality something so unprecedented obviously effects everyone but the sympathy clearly only falls one way with you.
    Not subdue no but not avoid paying customers what's due to them. Theres a risk that some airlines may not still exist to honour those vouchers in 6 or 12 months time.
    Your apparent concern of airlines not being around happens quicker if your formula is applied, doesn't any voucher you may acquire run on limitations.

Any announcement on The National gig in Limerick in June?

Sorry if already mentioned

As they have 3 Ireland gigs- Belfast, Cork & Limerick- i would expect these 3 rescheduled 2021dates, to be announced, all at the same time.

Their website only has one 2021 gig currently, the rescheduled Rock In Rio gig in Lisbon, which was only announced on Wednesday last, so assume, new tour being organised

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

As they have 3 Ireland gigs- Belfast, Cork & Limerick- i would expect these to be announced at the same time.

Their website only has one 2021 gig currently, the rescheduled Rock In Rio gig in Lisbon, which was only announced on Wednesday last, so assume, new tour being organised

My GF got an email about the Cork gig being rescheduled to a later unnanounced date. I had bought tickets separately for Belfast and haven't heard anything yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement