Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adjustable Dumbbells

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Omega28 wrote: »
    No 40kg adjustable dumbells any where

You can get Poweblocks on Gymless….but they'll cost €765.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Warbeastrior

What is a good price for 40kg ones?
    And do people feel they are worth it?
    Hearing a lot more positive talk about adjustable dumbbells.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigdaddymac

Hi all

Looking at getting a pair of dumbbells for home use. Just two bars with adjustable weights etc

What price range should I be expecting to pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hi all

Looking at getting a pair of dumbbells for home use. Just two bars with adjustable weights etc

What price range should I be expecting to pay?

The weight you want them to hold will dictate the price because more weight = more plates (or possibly just bigger plates) = more cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,678 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Im getting on adding barbell weights to a basic dumbbell set, just sandwich the plate between the dumbbell plates

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

I'm looking to buy 10-15kg dumbbells but I can't seem to find anywhere that isn't sold out or ridiculously price gouging. Has anybody had any luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

bambam wrote: »
    The price for adjustable dumbells has gone mental.

few years ago I picked up a pair of 'Bodymax 32.5Kg Selectabell' for €380 from mcsport.ie.
    now they charge 450 for 24KG ones, which kinda look like worse quality.

Also, there seems to be a glut of them appearing on adverts/donedeal, going for up to €400 for a single dumbell!!!

A quick google image search, brings the same ones up on AliExpress for €100 each for the 40KG ones.
    Shipping for a pair is not worth it, but if you wanted to make a few quid, you could sort out sharing a container or something :-)

e.g.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20210122075607&SearchText=adjustable+dumbbell

I'm tempted to buy off fortunefavours.ie which look like they could be from Aliexpress. I've no problem with that if they're of decent quality and won't break in a year! Anyone have any experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Mc sport sale
    12-DUMBBELLS-IN-1

Flash Sale | €190 OFF the Hit Fitness 40Kg Adjustable Dumbbells!
    Our 40kg Adjustable Dumbbells give you a huge range of weights in one, so you can make the most out of training from home.
    Choose from 5kg, 8kg, 11.5kg, 14.5kg, 18kg, 21kg, 24kg, 27.5kg, 30.5kg, 33.5kg, 37kg, & 40kg!

Was €789 now €599

Link :- https://www.mcsport.ie/collections/adjustable-dumbbells-1870/products/hit-fitness-adjustabell-dumbbell-5kg-40kg-hit00176

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just gonna use this thread as it's relevant..

Is there literally anywhere in Europe right now selling Powerblocks or Nuobells for a reasonable price?

• Advertisement

Just gonna use this thread as it's relevant..

Is there literally anywhere in Europe right now selling Powerblocks or Nuobells for a reasonable price?

For anyone curious, this is the cheapest I've found them in stock, only like €15 shipping too and the website is listed by Powerblocks as a trusted seller so should be safe.

https://www.treenikamat.fi/fi/tuoteryhma/kasipainot-916013

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Abcryan123

If you’re prepared to wait another month to secure some, have a look at the below. The 40kg ones seem to sell out very quickly but can be pre ordered.

https://powerballs.com/shop/weight-training

For anyone curious, this is the cheapest I've found them in stock, only like €15 shipping too and the website is listed by Powerblocks as a trusted seller so should be safe.

https://www.treenikamat.fi/fi/tuoteryhma/kasipainot-916013

False alarm :p

4 days after placing my order (and being charged) they email to say that the €14.90 shipping fee that appears when you select Ireland from their drop down menu is a mistake and that if I want to get the product I already bought I'll need to send them another 120 quid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,607 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

False alarm :p

4 days after placing my order (and being charged) they email to say that the €14.90 shipping fee that appears when you select Ireland from their drop down menu is a mistake and that if I want to get the product I already bought I'll need to send them another 120 quid :rolleyes:

Shipping 40-50kg from Finland was never going to come in that cheap.
    Buying weights online is always a pain for shipping

Advertisement