Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Agree with all.
    I think everyone needs to be careful about throwing stones.It was stupid and irresponsible but it’s going on in every county . They were just the ones who got caught !
    We are probably the second highest profile team behind them so I’d be telling the likes of Dillon and Brady to keep quiet !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Consultants doling out vaccinations to family members etc is a far bigger scandal than a few lads tapping a ball around in a park in Dublin.

It sure is, but I dont think this is as simple as a few lads tapping around a ball. Everyone has their freedom restricted, and many (including myself) are calling for restrictions to be relaxed and to be trusted to do things safely. So when the government confirms a date when the GAA can return so long as they do it safely, and the standard bearers for the sport show even they cant be trusted, its a big deal. This wasnt an impromptu kick about, it was an organised training session and Id doubt it was the first. If they want to be classified as elite, that brings certain expectations.

Not front page news, but its not nothing. I think most of these restrictions are pointless personally, but if the elite dont abide by them the rest of us are stuck indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It sure is, but I dont think this is as simple as a few lads tapping around a ball. Everyone has their freedom restricted, and many (including myself) are calling for restrictions to be relaxed and to be trusted to do things safely. So when the government confirms a date when the GAA can return so long as they do it safely, and the standard bearers for the sport show even they cant be trusted, its a big deal. This wasnt an impromptu kick about, it was an organised training session and Id doubt it was the first. If they want to be classified as elite, that brings certain expectations.

Not front page news, but its not nothing. I think most of these restrictions are pointless personally, but if the elite dont abide by them the rest of us are stuck indefinitely.

It was ridiculous of them to ever think they could get away with it. Mind-boggling stupidity from Farrell, unbelievable really. Still don't think it's a big enough deal for Mayo GAA and supporters to get involved with though.

Dillon looks extremely petty in all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

muddle84 wrote: »
    I always think he was put in there because of the popularity of Mayo football, this carry on suggests he is playing up to that Audience,

Such ****e!

Of course he was, thats the only reason

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dillon looks extremely petty in all of this.

His whole 'job' is kind of superfluous really. Why does FG even have a separate spokesperson for Tourism and Sport? Kind of an

QuStcFGAbJgg.gif

air about it...

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Agree with all.
    I think everyone needs to be careful about throwing stones.It was stupid and irresponsible but it’s going on in every county . They were just the ones who got caught !
    We are probably the second highest profile team behind them so I’d be telling the likes of Dillon and Brady to keep quiet !

Exactly. It’s going on everywhere, let’s just hope our county has no spiteful busybodies with cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭neiphin

A week without any news

I suppose that that is a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

neiphin wrote: »
    A week without any news

Martin McIntyre no longer part of the backroom team. News worthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

Who took his place ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

neiphin wrote: »
    A week without any news

Not for Monaghan and by association not for the GAA nationally.
    I often quote enjoy some of "Banty`s" antics, but at times he can be a bit of a headstrong eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Probably not seeing as he was appointed Breaffy manager in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

PARlance wrote: »
    Probably not seeing as he was appointed Breaffy manager in February.

indeed. It seems there are certain twitter accounts looking to promote his departure as some sort of conspiracy (as well as to add snide comments on others) without copping the managerial appointment that would have driven this.

It's a shame these people have so much time on their hands. They should really find a more worthwhile use for their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Blackjack wrote: »
    indeed. It seems there are certain twitter accounts looking to promote his departure as some sort of conspiracy (as well as to add snide comments on others) without copping the managerial appointment that would have driven this.

It's a shame these people have so much time on their hands. They should really find a more worthwhile use for their time.

I'm not sorry I gave up on twitter some time ago. I thought it would be a given (for everyone) that he'd be stepping down once taking the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

So we'll know the lie of land re our route through Connacht post the six one news this evening.

Draws have not been particularly kind to us in recent years.🤞

Quarter final

Mayo v Sligo

Winners to play Leitrim in the semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

Mayo galway final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Kalyke

seligehgit wrote: »
    Quarter final

Mayo v Sligo

Will take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Away to Sligo?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Away to Sligo?

At home.

Same for the semi final if we come through.

Is MacHale Park unavailable is the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,034 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Quarter final

Mayo v Sligo

That's handy, it's a while since we have avoided the other two before the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Great draw
    An extra championship game too
    Ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭irishgeo

At home.

They are not starting till after the championship I don't think.

At home.

Ye couldn`t ask for better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Another rigged draw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Another rigged draw

Are you referring to this? It does look somewhat dodgy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/emlynmulligan/status/1384236725338198024

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Are you referring to this? It does look somewhat dodgy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/emlynmulligan/status/1384236725338198024

Yeah.
    Keep Galway and Mayo seperate is always the preferred draw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭muddle84

Yeah.
    Keep Galway and Mayo seperate is always the preferred draw

He really couldn't have made it any more obvious! What's the point!

muddle84 wrote: »
    He really couldn't have made it any more obvious! What's the point!

Not saying it was rigged or it wasn`t, but if you are going to rig something it is more than likely for financial reasons.
    In which case it would only have been rigged for that reason, more attendants paying coming through the gates.

Hopefully if it was rigged then whoever arranged it has some inside knowledge as to what attendance will be allowed at games by the time the final comes around. In which case I would look on it as a small transgression for the greater good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

charlie14 wrote: »
    Not saying it was rigged or it wasn`t, but if you are going to rig something it is more than likely for financial reasons.
    In which case it would only have been rigged for that reason, more attendants paying coming through the gates.

Hopefully if it was rigged then whoever arranged it has some inside knowledge as to what attendance will be allowed at games by the time the final comes around. In which case I would look on it as a small transgression for the greater good.

There isnt a hope in hell of a full house being allowed for the Connacht Final so it makes absolutely no sense, even if a small % of capacity is allowed it woudlnt matter who the pairing is, the demand will be through the roof anyway

• Advertisement

There isnt a hope in hell of a full house being allowed for the Connacht Final so it makes absolutely no sense, even if a small % of capacity is allowed it woudlnt matter who the pairing is, the demand will be through the roof anyway

Yeah I more or less knew that. Just wishful thinking on my part really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement