Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corruption - could you ever see an Irish head of state doing this?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Possibly no more crazy than the rest of them, but less cloak and dagger about his deeds, after all we only really have 'our' media to go by. (I await the backlash)

It's literally the only thing I like about him,he's not sly he's an upfront prick,I can judge him,he's not lying to us....he doesn't care how we view him...and for the record I don't agree how he runs his country but If it works for Russia,good for them.
    The bull**** we are being fed saying Russia bad,we good...is wearing thin.
    Found peace (kinda)in Syria in a year or two after" WE" took 5,6,7 years to sort something looking like a ceasefire.
    Ah I'm drained going back and forth with people who label me a troll...can't be bothered going on.

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Evidence of psychiatric assessment confirming insanity of Putin?

Piss off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Piss off

But you put such store on evidence. I expected you would be consistent and have your psychiatric assessment to hand. And you also know he's not lying.

But you put such store on evidence. I expected you would be consistent and have your psychiatric assessment to hand. And you also know he's not lying.

So your arguing he's not crazy?

Are you defending Putin now

• Advertisement

So your arguing he's not crazy?

I'm asking you for your evidence to back up your assertion that he is. Obviously.

I'm asking you for your evidence to back up your assertion that he is. Obviously.

I'm not sure that "crazy" is a medical term.
    I gave an opinion,just like you.

You haven't any evidence.

Where did I say he was crazy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Don't reply to each other again on this thread. Next is a ban from the entire thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Putin gets a lot of flack from "the democracies" of the west, from me as well but when it comes to public money i'd love to see politicians in this country confront some of their mates in this way!

Maybe one day....

Remember all the billions wasted in cost overruns on projects and financed by the state? Maybe had that money been saved the country would not have needed a bailout and could have sorted it's issues. Pity it's not taken seriously.

I await the day a Taoiseach questions a contractor in that manner. All buddies.

You`ve heard of propoganda? I`d hate to see Putins theatrics anywhere near Irish politics. Even the Russians laugh at it but they are tied to an Empirialistic past that says a leader has to be male and he has to convey strength. YouTube is full of that staged rubbish by him, note how the cameras are always rolling when he does any of this stuff.
    Here`s another ridiculous example just like the one you posted:

But my personal favourite is when he went for a leisurely deep sea dive and managed to "discover" two 6th century Greek urns.:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    http://gizmodo.com/5829913/vladimir-putin-casually-discovers-a-pair-of-6th-century-artifacts-while-scuba-diving

You`ve heard of propoganda? I`d hate to see Putins theatrics anywhere near Irish politics. Even the Russians laugh at it but they are tied to an Empirialistic past that says a leader has to be male and he has to convey strength. YouTube is full of that staged rubbish by him, note how the cameras are always rolling when he does any of this stuff.
    Here`s another ridiculous example just like the one you posted:

But my personal favourite is when he went for a leisurely deep sea dive and managed to "discover" two 6th century Greek urns.:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    http://gizmodo.com/5829913/vladimir-putin-casually-discovers-a-pair-of-6th-century-artifacts-while-scuba-diving

Haha now the last is exactly pure propaganda,oh the hero Putin,blah blah blah...same as his bull on the horse,wrestling bears,ffs bears lol...I'd hate to see all of his theatrics in our poltics,but some might be ok.

The wariness of Norway Sweden and the Baltic states toward Russia speaks volumes. Russia should be confined to her borders and NATO and the EU should not be drawn any further east. But the lesson of history is clear: the bully is never stopped by talk, only force.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

That tax payers took a hit on, for him to buy it. And under the counter cash payments as sweeteners.

I'm amused to think that the good folk of Tipperary continue to vote Michael Lowry their top candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

That tax payers took a hit on, for him to buy it. And under the counter cash payments as sweeteners.

I'm amused to think that the good folk of Tipperary continue to vote Michael Lowry their top candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Red Neck country?

Red Neck country?

Is kulak the Russian equivalent?

Is it so bad that the head of the Russian government(regardless how he got there)is calling out his ministers on not fulfilling their duties.
    We don't need a Putin,just someone who will be a hard ass on our lacklustre ministers who are not pulling their weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Russia like anywhere else has problems with corruption. It is not unique to the Kremlin. Infact Russia is doing a better job as of late combatting corruption than other parts of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Russia like anywhere else has problems with corruption. It is not unique to the Kremlin. Infact Russia is doing a better job as of late combatting corruption than other parts of the world.

The Russian state does not have a problem with corruption. They are quite happy about it. Their only problem is that they are not good enough at it to get away with it.

They made a good attempt at the London Olympics, but not quite good enough.

Just in case some are not clear on the meaning of "State sponsored xxx ". The word 'state' doesn't merely refer to the country it originated...it means that the highest powers of that land authorized it, even demanded it.

I don't know how some poor little highly motived youngster could go about the sophisticated techniques to evade drug testing at the same time as training for their sport. Maybe they are a superior race I dunno. Kinda sceptical myself.

It's really quite bizarre to hear some in this thread say that the Russian Government are taking action to elimination corruption when it is them themselves who are corrupt. It's kinda like asking a burglar to raid your own home and ask them give the rewards back to you.

• Advertisement

Yup

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/13/russias-anti-corruption-boss-arrested-with-120-million-in-cash/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

How can you even believe this ****e ? Putin and his cronies are some of the most corrupt people on the planet .

Ruling over a country with the greatest landmass and untold resources , large population and yet with an output just about better than Italy .

Incompetent and corrupt . And people admire this man :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Another arrest of a corrupt official in Russia. Good point. We should copy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Another arrest of a corrupt official in Russia. Good point. We should copy them.

He probably skimmed a bit too much .

Copy them ? you must be joking ,Putin makes CJ look like a choirboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

People who actually seriously think Ireland is a corrupt country, or that it's leadership should be taking notes from a tyrant like Vladimir Putin, are pretty naive at best.

Ireland is a pretty transparent country and international rankings/studies support that Ireland is generally considered not very corrupt....at all.

It's not to say that there is zero corruption, no Government in the world operates corruption free - but to label Ireland corrupt when you have countries where people are regularly disappeared, murdered, imprisoned and tortured under national/local authority is a bit much. Even compared to other European countries Ireland is not corrupt.

Anecdotal evidence, unsubstantiated opinions, and the odd case of tokenism corruption don't magically make Ireland a corrupt country - people just love to moan about Ireland, which is why AH threads regularly paint Ireland as a 3rd world cesspit with a police force that loves to brutalize it's population, a Government that exists only to line its own pockets, a shockingly unequal society that burdens the poor, et al.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

We have plenty of corrupt and incompetent idiots on this island. Look at Arlene Foster, the Dail etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

People who actually seriously think Ireland is a corrupt country, or that it's leadership should be taking notes from a tyrant like Vladimir Putin, are pretty naive at best.

Ireland is a pretty transparent country and international rankings/studies support that Ireland is generally considered not very corrupt....at all.

It's not to say that there is zero corruption, no Government in the world operates corruption free - but to label Ireland corrupt when you have countries where people are regularly disappeared, murdered, imprisoned and tortured under national/local authority is a bit much. Even compared to other European countries Ireland is not corrupt.

Anecdotal evidence, unsubstantiated opinions, and the odd case of tokenism corruption don't magically make Ireland a corrupt country - people just love to moan about Ireland, which is why AH threads regularly paint Ireland as a 3rd world cesspit with a police force that loves to brutalize it's population, a Government that exists only to line its own pockets, a shockingly unequal society that burdens the poor, et al.
    Never heard of Sinn Fein and money laundering then.

Read between the lines. He`s a person who`s job it is to investigate corruption, yet he manages to embezzle $120Million!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Corruption - could you ever see an Irish head of state doing this?
    Well no, because our head of state is above politics .
    Next topic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement