Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The run up to Christmas

Options
  • 12-11-2018 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I have worked really hard and lost over 2 stone over the last few months. I am feeling better about myself and looking forward to enjoying some nights out over the next few weeks. I find most of the nights out this time of year involve dinner as well as drinks. I don’t eat meat and often the veggie options are carb calorie heavy.

Just wondering how do you all manage your diet with social commitments this time if the year?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

molly09 wrote: »
    Just wondering how do you all manage your diet with social commitments this time of the year?

Most of the week you'll be eating at home/work, stay on plan those days! Nights out, have your preferred drink ready: Gin and sparkling water, rum & diet coke, or whiskey neat for me. Alternate between alcoholic and just the mixer (and limit is 3 alcoholic drinks - or I'll end up drinking all night). Pull back on syns the day you're going out and the day afterwards. Biggest advice would be, don't get sh**faced! Other people aren't on a diet but we are! And we still will be the following morning. If you don't wanna have to explain yourself, make sure there's a drink in front of you. People only notice when there isn't.

Also, plan your cheat meals! It's gonna happen, that's fine, but work towards them by eating healthy beforehand, and get back on the trolley afterwards! I've alloted 2 cheat days (2 Xmas dinners) where I expect to gain 5lbs. That's ok because I'll hit it hard the other days of the week.

You can't let your health plan ruin your holidays & meet ups, but enjoying yourself doesn't have to mean 'put on a ton of weight eating and drinking'. It's a balancing act, know your triggers and give yourself a fighting chance: Eat before you go out, and meal prep - there should be something tasty waiting for you when u get home, so u don't smash a kebab out of it in town :D

Hope some of that is useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

molly09 wrote: »
    I have worked really hard and lost over 2 stone over the last few months. I am feeling better about myself and looking forward to enjoying some nights out over the next few weeks. I find most of the nights out this time of year involve dinner as well as drinks. I don’t eat meat and often the veggie options are carb calorie heavy.

Just wondering how do you all manage your diet with social commitments this time if the year?

Which veggies are "carb calorie" heavy?
    Are you trying to avoid carbs? Or calories?

Do you mean they're more pasta/rice than vegetables?

Advertisement