Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going MultiSat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭micks_address

If it means which LNB is closest to the centre of the dish then id say probably .8W the other lnb are all to the left of the bar on the dish as i look at it.. ill post pictures tonight

Pictures now attached
    kingtiger wrote: »
    Hi Mick

What sat did he centre the dish on?

you can get this app for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=difed.soccersat to find out what channels sports are on (uses LJs whats on Sat)

Hi Guys,

Now that I have 28, 23, 19, 13 and .8W up on running on the T90 and I have 3 ports left on the diseque switches -

What would the next three lnbs be worth pointing at?

Have to wait till the missus goes on holidays for a week in august but i might sneak some more lnbs on then :)

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

mick,

first of all well done on the set up. top marks
    try

9/10

or you might get something beyond .8w maybe 5 west

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

If it means which LNB is closest to the centre of the dish then id say probably .8W the other lnb are all to the left of the bar on the dish as i look at it.. ill post pictures tonight

Pictures now attached

Looks like a very tidy install. I wish you many happy viewing hours with the T-90. I've had mine for years and love it.

Enclosed one pic of mine T-90,CM 1.2m and TD 110 all on one pole.

picture.php?albumid=407&pictureid=12535

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Nice Job, Mick - well done :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Greenman wrote: »
    Looks like a very tidy install. I wish you many happy viewing hours with the T-90. I've had mine for years and love it.

Enclosed one pic of mine T-90,CM 1.2m and TD 110 all on one pole.

When did you get a t90 green man? I remember your 7west dish from the past and viewed it with envy!

snaps wrote: »
    When did you get a t90 green man? I remember your 7west dish from the past and viewed it with envy!

Can you pick up all. 8w with a dedicated dish pointed at it?

snaps wrote: »

Got it in 2009, great dish except I did not like the lnb holders so I modded it, I got the holders from a RimaNTSS a Boardie and a local machine shop made the bits.

10502021_1431256403826382_1303224808197934387_n.jpg

Can you pick up all. 8w with a dedicated dish pointed at it?

Its the wifes dish and AFAIK she can pick up most things. Tell me a channel and I'll tell you if we can get it.

You really will love the T-90 and they are such a bargain.

Its the wifes dish and AFAIK she can pick up most things. Tell me a channel and I'll tell you if we can get it.

You really will love the T-90 and they are such a bargain.
    You are a lucky man. My wife isn't as in love with the t90 as i am :)

As an aside anyone know if there's an Android app for channels listing that show the programme name in English?

• Advertisement

You are a lucky man. My wife isn't as in love with the t90 as i am :)

As an aside anyone know if there's an Android app for channels listing that show the programme name in English?

The TD 110 is hers aswell, its for Arabsat.

Explain more re App.

The TD 110 is hers aswell, its for Arabsat.

Explain more re App.
    App like a TV channel listing but shows programme name in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Lovely job by the installer, cabling is something to be proud of, but cant figure out how the dish is centered

but that aside Mick, good man and welcome to the very addictive "hhmmm see can I get that Sat"

jasus Greenman, love it

but how do you get away with that? the missus must be giving you the "evil eye" every day

kingtiger wrote: »

jasus Greenman, love it

but how do you get away with that? the missus must be giving you the "evil eye" every day

Not really its mainly all for her as I'm an Astra 28.2 man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

There is an EPG Translator plugin; try your feed.

Or apply Google Translate to your favoured channel provider site :)

Hi guys,
    Ordered a quad black ultra from Amazon as had some vouchers, going to swap it with the current dual smart titanium that's on. 8w

Any sat suggestions on where to wire in the smart titanium to?

Cheers.
    Mick
    radiowaves wrote: »
    Seconded on the Inverto LNBs - it has been mentioned a few times throughout this thread by a couple of us (and on other threads - run a search).

I wouldn't trust any installer who wasn't aware of the advantages in using them (although to really see the benefit they should be tried on a weaker satellite).

I am now happily watching glitch-free channels across the arc that I routinely used to lose in rain.

From getting nothing on 7.3W I can now pull in a number of channels!

Hi Guys,

The black ultra lnb arrived, i was wondering how easy it would be to swap in with the titanium lnb i have there already pointing at 1w. Would there be alignment issues? I might be better off getting my Sat installer back to do it, but he is on holidays at the moment

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hi Guys,

The black ultra lnb arrived, i was wondering how easy it would be to swap in with the titanium lnb i have there already pointing at 1w. Would there be alignment issues? I might be better off getting my Sat installer back to do it, but he is on holidays at the moment

Cheers,
    Mick

Do it yourself ,very simple job ,no point calling an installer for that .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Do it yourself ,very simple job ,no point calling an installer for that .[/QUOTE

So it should be just a case of unscrewing the sat cables from the existing lnb, taking the lnb from the holder and puttling the new one in and connecting all up?

Do it yourself ,very simple job ,no point calling an installer for that .[/QUOTE

So it should be just a case of unscrewing the sat cables from the existing lnb, taking the lnb from the holder and puttling the new one in and connecting all up?

Yeah but you will have to keep the skew similar and also the front of the lnb distance to the dish may need to be adjusted to peak the signal.
    Its trial and error ,but you cant really do any damage .

• Advertisement

Yeah but you will have to keep the skew similar and also the front of the lnb distance to the dish may need to be adjusted to peak the signal.
    Its trial and error ,but you cant really do any damage .

OK so I swapped out the titanium and put in the inverto. I've attached signal strength from my solo 2 on thor. No perceived increase in strength. Perhaps I haven't got it perfect?

OK so I swapped out the titanium and put in the inverto. I've attached signal strength from my solo 2 on thor. No perceived increase in strength. Perhaps I haven't got it perfect?

You will have to vary the skew and the front of the lnb distance to the dish to maximise the signal.
    You can check the signal strength on a laptop running vu player or open webif or else get someone to watch the tv while you adjust it.

You will have to vary the skew and the front of the lnb distance to the dish to maximise the signal.
    You can check the signal strength on a laptop running vu player or open webif or else get someone to watch the tv while you adjust it.
    I have vu player on my phone and it seems to be working. Is the best thing to do to switch to a channel on. 8w then play with the rotation and distance of the lnb from the front of the dish?

I have vu player on my phone and it seems to be working. Is the best thing to do to switch to a channel on. 8w then play with the rotation and distance of the lnb from the front of the dish?

And when setting which should you do first skew or distance from front of dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,491 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

That tp 10716 H is on the K1 beam which is not favourable for Ireland. Maybe 8 dB is a good result on a 90 cm dish where you are. I get 11.3 dB with 1.1 m dish in Dundalk.

http://www.telenorsat.com/satellites-teleports/satellite-fleet/thor-6-k1-2/

A stronger footprint is T2, Sky News on 12418 V 7/8 is 15.7 dB here.

http://www.telenorsat.com/satellites-teleports/satellite-fleet/thor-5-t2-2/

That tp 10716 H is on the K1 beam which is not favourable for Ireland. Maybe 8 dB is a good result on a 90 cm dish where you are. I get 11.3 dB with 1.1 m dish in Dundalk.

Do you think playing with the skew and position of lnb I can increase the db?

I'm getting 14.25db on sky news

• Registered Users Posts: 20,491 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I'm getting 14.25db on sky news

If it is a 90 cm dish that is probably good. The only way to know would be to connect the box to another dish in your area if you know someone who has one. As you can see from the link the footprint for 10716 would be better where I am than further south and west, in theory anyway.

After adjusting skew now have 15.25 on sky news... So definitely an improvement.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

With my T90 setup, would it be possible to add an LNB for 30W for portuguese tv?

Cheers,
    Mick

Advertisement