Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Season - Week 1 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Brady in a Bucs jersey just looks wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

And now..... The Old Man bowl

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Masked Man wrote: »
    Brady in a Bucs jersey just looks wrong!

It's disgusting, alien. Battle of the oaps here in New Orleans :)

I'll say one thing though, I like the bucs roster and this should be an interesting season for them.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Why is neither team wearing an alt jersey in Ari-SF!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I know the Eagles were hit by a lot of injuries but still a great performance from Washington, especially the defence. New coach (with a cancer diagnosis too) with a limited off season and all the off-field ****, so to come out with the win was a major surprise. I think everybody had the Eagles in their picks so it just goes to show you never know with this game.

• Advertisement

About as typical a Brady drive as you could ask for.

First Brady TD not in a pats uniform. QB sneak.

Doesn't sit well with me, but I expected nothing less from the GOAT.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TD bucs. Brady with the TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭cosatron

Brady with a sneak. His throwing the ball well. F**k me he looks good considering his age

He's not human!

• Advertisement

It's week 1, I'm pinning my hopes this season on him falling asunder as the season goes on :)

TD 9ers, Jimmy gets credit for about a 75 yard TD but it was about 65 yards after the catch :D

Too easy!

Welcome to the NFL Joe Burrow

Some speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Lovely patient TD run from Burrows there, but a bit of heart in mouth with the no.1 pick rambling around the middle of the field though.

Brady couldn't have looked any better on that initial drive, but I wonder is Brees suffering from Manning-final-season syndrome with absolutely no arm strength?

Is it me or is the piped in crowd noise in Levi stadium for the niners and cardinals game overly loud and drowning out the commentators ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is it me or is the piped in crowd noise in Levi stadium for the niners and cardinals game overly loud and drowning out the commentators ?

Can't say I've noticed that, I think they all only allowed have it at 75 decibels? Maybe it's the broadcaster amplifying it more if so?

Payton was giving out about it during the week saying it's not loud enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Itssoeasy wrote: »

yip, can't hear a thing they are saying.

https://twitter.com/nickijhabvala/status/1305242560747757568?s=21

Looks like Washington have got themselves a leader in their young QB.

You'd wonder how long Ron Rivera will last coaching this season. He really should take a break and come back next season when he's (hopefully) recovered. It can't be good for him.

I'd actually forgotten gronk played for the bucs till I saw him make that catch :D

• Advertisement

New year, same bucs.

I’m sure it’ll grow on me but seeing Tom Brady in a uniform other than the patriots is weird.

It interesting the amount of penalties today for false starts of one type or another given there are no fans in the stands and so no natural noise.

He's not human!

I may be wrong about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Brady is finished. I said it

Poor INT by Brady there.

I may be wrong about this.

But I might not be!

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Brady is finished. I said it

Have heard this one many a time before, who knows, maybe now as a 43 year old it may be true. Would probably wait another while to write him off though.

Hopefully it's just on the fake noise and not at the stadium, but there are bells to get the crowd going when Arizona is on third down.

• Advertisement

Gotta love Cam Newton's post-game press conference canary yellow suit.

Advertisement