Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Season - Week 1 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,473 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh no joe burrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Burrow is the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The old "pretend I'm injured after I miss a chip shot FG' trick by the Bengals kicker. Not much sympathy from his teammates either.

I switched to the bengals game from RedZone for the final two minutes of the game and Joe Burrow was throwing some darts with no time outs to use and that AJ green OPI was a killer and the bengals kicker got hurt but bengal fans should be very hopeful because what I saw in those two minutes was composure beyond his years.

The old "pretend I'm injured after I miss a chip shot FG' trick by the Bengals kicker. Not much sympathy from his teammates either.

Yeah he walked off a bit too easy for someone who pulled something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

DeAndre Hopkins 14 catches for 151 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Thos LA Rams uniforms are hard to look at. I need to turn down the saturation setting on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

After the first 5 minutes basically everything went wrong in the 49ers game, from mistakes at all 3 phases, questionable coaching, refs, and Jimmy looking terrible.

My concern with Cardinals drafting Murray was that we'd end up with another Wilson in the division and it is looking more and more like that being the case. The 49ers defense struggled last year with mobile QBs and it looks the same again, helped by refs who are overly protective of any kind of contact during his late slides/dives.

Not too surprising that the passing game somewhat struggled with being down to 3rd string center and down WR 1 & 2 and Kittle taking a bad knock before half time and then disappearing in the 2nd half (hopefully this doesn't end up a serious issue).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thos LA Rams uniforms are hard to look at. I need to turn down the saturation setting on the TV.

It's pretty impressive just how much of a mess they made them/

That the Chargers ended up wing the best looking team in LA after their uniform update says it all.

It's pretty impressive just how much of a mess they made them/

That the Chargers ended up wing the best looking team in LA after their uniform update says it all.

Those charger uniforms are superb. I’m just watching SNF and have the rams ever worn grey before ? It looks awful.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Those charger uniforms are superb. I’m just watching SNF and have the rams ever worn grey before ? It looks awful.

They're not grey, they're "bone". Ugh.

The new logo as well. God I hate what they've done so so much.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/09/10/2020-21-nfl-uniform-season-preview/football/

They're not grey, they're "bone". Ugh.

The new logo as well. God I hate what they've done so so much.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/09/10/2020-21-nfl-uniform-season-preview/football/

Bone ? No it’s grey and no amount of notions can change it. I liked the new logo kind of. The new stadium does look amazing though.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Bone ? No it’s grey and no amount of notions can change it. I liked the new logo kind of. The new stadium does look amazing though.

Oh aye. But it's the sort of notions that bring you uniform changes that just had to go back to a classic look.

New logo is a travesty of graphic design.

Oh aye. But it's the sort of notions that bring you uniform changes that just had to go back to a classic look.

New logo is a travesty of graphic design.

The fan versions of the logo, marketing material, and jersey are so much better.

To be fair it is all made much worse by what a good job the Chargers did and the inexplicable decision to make their look so similar. It is like the Rams got the second (or lower) place in the same competition as the Chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Well I think its far enough into the season now to start looking at the playoff picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Well I think its far enough into the season now to start looking at the playoff picture.

Browns ain't making it, putting my neck on the line here.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

TheDoctor wrote: »

Yeah, Jacksonville v Washington Super Bowl definitely looking likely.

Mike McCarthy would put years on you watching those highlights.

Take the f**king 3 points!

Jason Garrett would have kicked a FG there.......

Jason Garrett would have kicked a FG there.......

But they would have been 14 down when Garrett did it. :)

• Advertisement

There were a few failures from coaches being 'aggressive' this weekend. This will be quickly forgotten the next time someone takes the points and their team doesn't win.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    There were a few failures from coaches being 'aggressive' this weekend. This will be quickly forgotten the next time someone takes the points and their team doesn't win.

As a Broncos fan I'll be fine if the Cowboys do nowt.

They did it twice though.

It was annoying thing that Schmidt's Ireland did as well.

As a Broncos fan I'll be fine if the Cowboys do nowt.

They did it twice though.

It was annoying thing that Schmidt's Ireland did as well.

As a 49ers fan I'll also be very happy if they win nothing :D

It was a more general point though, maybe it is who I follow and listen to but things have swung so much that situations like this where a game is lost by not taking the points is ignored. It is aggressiveness above all else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

A night for the defences so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Giants 6 down at HT

Steelers get the ball again next

Goina be a long second half for the Giants the way this is going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Tennessee could do with a new kicker, 3 missed field goals and a missed extra point

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Gostkowski having the nightmare to end all nightmares tonight. Ten points he's left on the table so far tonight.

Really interesting clock management situation at the end of this game, both coaches having to negotiate whether to run the clock or save the seconds as Titans close in on a score to go ahead. Really think the Broncos should have called a timeout at around 1.00 minute but they didn't.

Gostkowski gets the kick to go ahead (big one after the night he had) and broncos have only 18 seconds. Fangio really did mess up not calling that timeout earlier. If an idiot like me could see it...

• Advertisement

Broncos shat the bed, after gostkowski had so thoroughly shat the bed it seemed impossible for him to be outshat.

Advertisement