Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

qwabercd wrote: »
    Golliver & Sharp have announced a new podcast. $5 per month, pity it's subscription but still willing to pay the price of a pint per month myself. Open floor hasn't been the same without Sharp.

Yeah it's not too bad though it's hard to justify paid sites when thetre's so much good free content out there.

I like Sharp, but he's the lightweight in the Sharp-Golliver duo. Whilst Pena is definitely shall we say a better journalist than Sharp, Open Floor is not the same without Sharp. The double act of his hot take goofiness combined with Golliver's OCD traditionalism made for a great listen. It was my favourite basketball podcast for years, but it's just not as entertaining (as opposed to "better") without the Justin Timberlake soundalike that is Sharp.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Reaching the half way point of the season for most teams. How do people feel it’s shaking up? Lakers look very good overall, superb length and Defense.
    Definitely could use another ball handler for when LeBron sits though.

Bucks have picked up where they left off and look like serious contenders yet again.

Clippers have looked great when their big two are on the floor, but that’s been less frequent than they would like.

Lots of depth in both conferences though, shaping up to be a very exciting tournament. Giannis out in front as MVP imo.

The Lakers have been better than I expected but all things being equal and barring significant roster changes and injury I can't see the Lakers beating the Clippers in 7, they're just not deep enough. I can even see the Lakers having some trouble before the Conf. Finals depending on matchups.

The East for me is a toss up between the Bucks (who I favour) and Philly. That said, I see Philly making moves in the coming weeks that could change everything. Some of the Bucks stats are just insane though, don't have time to discuss now but worth looking up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Svelle

Who's the dark horse in your opinion? From both Conferences.
    I'd say Mavs in west (once KP is healthy) and hard to choose in East (Heat before the season, but now they're among the top guns). Philly needs a shooter ASAP to be at the same level as last year, otherwise 1R or 2R exit.

Svelle wrote: »
    Who's the dark horse in your opinion? From both Conferences.
    I'd say Mavs in west (once KP is healthy) and hard to choose in East (Heat before the season, but now they're among the top guns). Philly needs a shooter ASAP to be at the same level as last year, otherwise 1R or 2R exit.

Dark horses?

Boston in the East, I'm a little biased but I think they have a shot if they avoid Philly who they match up really badly against. And of course if there's a trade then who knows?

I don't think they can win it all but Houston in the West if they go on a streaky run can beat anyone in 1 Series - problem is I don't think they could beat 3 of say LAL, LAC, and Milwaukee consecttively - just too many variables for it to go all wrong. Also think they'll make moves - it's Houston, they almost always do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Svelle

Do you believe in Bucks?
    I agree on Houston, they have to get past one of LAs to reach Finals.

Quite excited about Pelicans run and Zion debut. It can turn into an exciting run for 8th spot.

Trade predictions?

• Advertisement

Svelle wrote: »
    Do you believe in Bucks?
    I agree on Houston, they have to get past one of LAs to reach Finals.

Quite excited about Pelicans run and Zion debut. It can turn into an exciting run for 8th spot.

Trade predictions?

Yes, I believe in the Bucks.....to a degree. I thought letting Brogdan go was a mistake, but apparently they have something in the works trade wise.

Have a friend who's in NO this week, he was at the game on Saturday v the Clippers. Unfortunate that he couldn't get to see Zion. :(

Trades - anything could happen.

In other news, Spotify are in talks to buy The Ringer for north of $100m. :eek: Apparently they're doing $15m+ a year in revenue already - there's money in podcasting. The best thing about podcasting IMO is they're free, I don't want a subscription model.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,357 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Zion finally making his debut tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Looks like he used the three months out productively to add a proper arc to his three point shot.

Zion made twice as many 3s in 4 minutes of play as Ben Simmons has made in his entire career :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

He looks to be some player, but I fear those 2 knees will be gone by the time he's 25.

• Advertisement

Chandler Parsons NBA career would appear to be over following a car crash with a drunk driver during the week. The pics aren't that bad compared to the injuries his lawyers are claiming - I wonder is that just lawyers being lawyers? Parsons is making $25m this year....:eek:

Watching Portland this yer has been a nightmare, starting SG, SF, PF, and C all injured, Lillard being to only person to do literally anything (61 and 47 in his last two games), and giving Mario Hezonja 17 minutes a game while often not giving any to Nassir Little.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Seems there's a seperate thread that posts are being moved to if people want to go to that....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058048966

Lillard being to only person to do literally anything (61 and 47 in his last two games)

He followed those two games up with 50 last night. Averages of 53/7/9 on 53/57/95 over the past week.

Tomorrow night's game cancelled, right decision, gives the Lakers off until Friday which is Portland in Staples

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1221924376876146694?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the east is very tight 2-6. Think it's important for the Celtics to get home advantage and hopefully avoid the 76ers. But who knows what way it will go. Enjoying the season so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,738 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Slightly OT - vote for Kobe as thew new NBA logo. 2.6 million signatures already

https://www.change.org/p/nba-petition-to-make-kobe-bryant-the-new-nba-logo

Igotadose wrote: »
    Slightly OT - vote for Kobe as thew new NBA logo. 2.6 million signatures already

https://www.change.org/p/nba-petition-to-make-kobe-bryant-the-new-nba-logo

Why is this necessary? Seriously?

The Jerry West logo is iconic. It's tragic what happened but this is a knee jerk reaction.

• Advertisement

Yeah I find it a bit much too. Some of the talk of having Kobe & Gigi as the logo was ridiculous, or retiring a number for her.

There's plenty that can be done to honour him, doing something that removes someone else's achievement is dumb. Best suggestion I've seen is to name the All Star MVP after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I hope they don't change the logo, as said above there are plenty of other ways to honour kobe.

Some of the reaction to Kobe's tragic passing has been close to hysteria in some places. I understand sports fans close connection to Kobe and all other legends of the game but hearing people who have never even met Kobe compare his death to that of a close friend or relative is a tad much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Why is this necessary? Seriously?

The Jerry West logo is iconic. It's tragic what happened but this is a knee jerk reaction.
    It's utterly absurd.

Well the NBA have said they have no intention of changing it and are sticking to the company line that the current logo represents no single player, they have never acknowledged that the silhouette it Jerry West it seems.

He followed those two games up with 50 last night. Averages of 53/7/9 on 53/57/95 over the past week.

Guess I'll keep going until he has a bad one :p

Last night he followed up back to back to back games of 61, 47, and 50 with 36/10/11 for his first ever triple double (in a win against Westbrook too).

Last night he followed up back to back to back games of 61, 47, and 50 with 36/10/11 for his first ever triple double (in a win against Westbrook too).

Incl. another huge 3 from deep late in the game over Westbrook this time.

Incl. another huge 3 from deep late in the game over Westbrook this time.

He made 2 shots with his foot just touching the logo and after the game talked about taking shots from his own half :p

Bit different, could be over within a few minutes, but guess the players will keep it going in an effort to honour Kobe

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1222966950604759040?s=19

• Advertisement

And now in the next game he's after getting 48/9/10 in a win on the road to the Lakers, this form is outrageous.

Oh also Hassan Whiteside had 30/12 with 5 blocks, shot 13/14 from the floor, and did this....

giphy.gif

Advertisement