Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Offseason 2019

Comments

• The exact quote from Jalen: “What I’m 99% hearing is that Kawhi Leonard will be returning to Toronto and signing a 2-year contract, just completed his 8th season, that will put him at 10 years and put him in position to get largest maximum deal for a player of his tenure."

Again, im sure nobody knows yet but this lifts the spirits!

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1146519168080121857

• Registered Users Posts: 36,014 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Simmons pod today said it’s a done deal to Lakers.....

Well looks like Simmons is wrong again!

• Let's not celebrate too soon

From reddit:

l6v1GIy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well looks like Simmons is wrong again!

To be fair, Ryen Rusillo was on too and he said he's heard the same. I don't think these guys just pick positions and hedge, they're working off some level of intel.

If he's wrong, he's wrong. As is anyone else who's said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Oh baby
    Giannis is on the market in 2 years and masai played a huge part in helping him get in the nba. Could be a masterstroke again!

Oh baby
    Giannis is on the market in 2 years and masai played a huge part in helping him get in the nba. Could be a masterstroke again!

Nah, he's going to the Knicks.......:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

Grizzles essentially being paid to take Josh Jackson + 2 2nd round picks for a Kyle Korver buyout.

Not even 22 yet being paid 7m and 9m over the next 2 years, things must be bad there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Nah, he's going to the Knicks.......:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Right !!! This has been the Knick’s for the past 20 years, it’s kind of sad really. We could maybe give them Carmelo and Stadoumire but that’s being generous.

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    Grizzles essentially being paid to take Josh Jackson + 2 2nd round picks for a Kyle Korver buyout.

Not even 22 yet being paid 7m and 9m over the next 2 years, things must be bad there.

Lots of off court “issues” apparently, been alluded to and hinted at in pods, details on reddit if you look hard enough.

Btw, lots of Porzingis stuff there too. Doesn’t make for great reading in either case if even a fraction of it is true.

• Advertisement

As a Lakers fan-for my sins- I really hope Kawhi signs with Toronto.

I think he has the ability to carve out his own legacy and even as the most important player on the Lakers come playoff time, it's still the LBJ show.

Given everything we've seen thus far he has Top 10-15 potential and has a better chance of reaching that if he continues down his current path.

Jimmer Fredette left Warriors summer league team after 2 games, oh what could of been....
    He was actually picked 10th in the draft before Klay at 11...Also picked before Kawhi, Vucevic, Butler, Thomas
    That will show you how crazy the draft can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

The exact quote from Jalen: “What I’m 99% hearing is that Kawhi Leonard will be returning to Toronto and signing a 2-year contract, just completed his 8th season, that will put him at 10 years and put him in position to get largest maximum deal for a player of his tenure."

Again, im sure nobody knows yet but this lifts the spirits!

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1146519168080121857

Didn't Jalen Rose say he was 99% sure KD was heading to the Knicks as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Kawhi will stay in Toronto I'll give anyone who wants to back otherwise 5/1

I think he will stay put I like the odds, I’ll throw away $100

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Didn't Jalen Rose say he was 99% sure KD was heading to the Knicks as well?

He gets stuff wrong all the time, but when he’s right he’s insanely accurate, so he has solid sources but obviously things change or he gets fed talks as facts etc. Jalen saying something with confidence isn’t the same as Woj tweeting, but it’s enough to at least be respected.

Jimmer Fredette left Warriors summer league team after 2 games, oh what could of been....
    He was actually picked 10th in the draft before Klay at 11...Also picked before Kawhi, Vucevic, Butler, Thomas
    That will show you how crazy the draft can be.

Do you know why he left so soon? I’ve read more than one piece about him in China and it’s always “I’d do anything to be back in the NBA”.

On Jimmer, I called it on him before/around the draft........if it wasn’t stupid o’clock and I wasn’t trying to get back to sleep I’d search for the post. He’s just a fraction too small and too slow to play minutes consistently at that level, and defence is a major issue. I’ve no doubt that some team(s) could find a role for him so I guess it’s about fit. He was amazing in college though.

Do you know why he left so soon? I’ve read more than one piece about him in China and it’s always “I’d do anything to be back in the NBA”.

On Jimmer, I called it on him before/around the draft........if it wasn’t stupid o’clock and I wasn’t trying to get back to sleep I’d search for the post. He’s just a fraction too small and too slow to play minutes consistently at that level, and defence is a major issue. I’ve no doubt that some team(s) could find a role for him so I guess it’s about fit. He was amazing in college though.

I am not entirely sure but it there are reports he wants to explore other options. Iam guessing it may of not been his choice, I’ve read posts from Warriors fans that watched the games that he looked atrocious. He was trying to play pg but was shocking, terrible shot & pass selection, looked extremely slow and even out of his dept at summer league level, plus his defense was non existent
    Pretty much exactly what you said...lol

I am not entirely sure but it there are reports he wants to explore other options. Iam guessing it may of not been his choice, I’ve read posts from Warriors fans that watched the games that he looked atrocious. He was trying to play pg but was shocking, terrible shot & pass selection, looked extremely slow and even out of his dept at summer league level, plus his defense was non existent
    Pretty much exactly what you said...lol

He’s your classic just not quite good enough for NBA but could be a superstar in many other leagues around the world player. The physical limitations created by his size and quickness (or rather lack thereof) were always going to be the issue, not the Basketball skills. I’m surprised they’d play him at point though because he’s not a PG, he’s always been a 2. Again, with the right team and a tightly defined role (basically just shoot wide open shots) with a defensive stopper behind him he could play in the league - I’ve no doubt about that, but GS are not that team. Bucks and Utah spring to mind. Again though, if he was 6’9” with his game, he’d be in the league.

Thing is, he’d also earn less in the NBA than he would overseas. It’s a real tough one for guys in that situation.

I hope it wasn’t on bad terms, as he does seem like a nice, genuine guy any time I’ve seen him interviewed or read about him. He’s a BYU grad, so he’s going to be grounded in a way a lot of players just aren’t.

He’s your classic just not quite good enough for NBA but could be a superstar in many other leagues around the world player. The physical limitations created by his size and quickness (or rather lack thereof) were always going to be the issue, not the Basketball skills. I’m surprised they’d play him at point though because he’s not a PG, he’s always been a 2. Again, with the right team and a tightly defined role (basically just shoot wide open shots) with a defensive stopper behind him he could play in the league - I’ve no doubt about that, but GS are not that team. Bucks and Utah spring to mind. Again though, if he was 6’9” with his game, he’d be in the league.

Thing is, he’d also earn less in the NBA than he would overseas. It’s a real tough one for guys in that situation.

I hope it wasn’t on bad terms, as he does seem like a nice, genuine guy any time I’ve seen him interviewed or read about him. He’s a BYU grad, so he’s going to be grounded in a way a lot of players just aren’t.

Yea, I honestly don’t know too much, I must read a bit more. I doubt they played him point, someone said he was trying to play pg, he was probably trying to do too much.
    I would actually like to see him here next year, you know he would have one or two big nights, would be a bit of craic for the season that’s in it

• Advertisement

I'd also be willing to take 5s on elsewhere if it's on offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

How about a 20 euro charity bet? Kawhi stays, I donate 20 to a charity of your choice, Kawhi leaves, you donate 20 to a charity of my choice?

Angliru wrote: »
    How about a 20 euro charity bet? Kawhi stays, I donate 20 to a charity of your choice, Kawhi leaves, you donate 20 to a charity of my choice?

If Kawhi stays you donate 20e to charity, if Kawhi goes he donates 100e

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    If Kawhi stays you donate 20e to charity, if Kawhi goes he donates 100e

Era I'm not too concerned about donating in relation to matching the odds. Bit of craic really and a charity will get the benefits! Although if he's happy to match the odds then I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

MPJ sprained his knee. Ruled out of Summer league. Dunno what to say. The lad has no luck.

I could see Ellis being a decent bench player, have a big soft spot for him
    Stoudemire would be a strange one

• Advertisement

Drake was part of the Raptors Meeting Team.:rolleyes:

Advertisement