Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,357 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

For once I don't think it's a stretch to call one of these incidents an actual fight.

(Speaking of stretch look at the reach on Brandon Ingram with that punch)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Also just because I love him so much here's Lillard scoring next to the logo on literally the first possession of the game

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

@Rachel__Nichols: This is one of the pieces of video the Rockets are sending the league office as the NBA investigates last night's fight at Staples Center and determines discipline. https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1054061847773556737/video/1

Seems Rondo spat at Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

2smiggy wrote: »
    @Rachel__Nichols: This is one of the pieces of video the Rockets are sending the league office as the NBA investigates last night's fight at Staples Center and determines discipline. https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1054061847773556737/video/1

Seems Rondo spat at Paul

I didn’t see any evidence of spitting last night and I’m not sure they can convict him on that - that said I’m looking at it on mobile, will have a closer look later. I would say he deserves a lengthy ban if it’s proven that he did spit; but then again it’s the NBA so I’m not sure how long it will be. Ingram as 3rd man in will possibly get the longest ban of the three involved.

Ingram started the whole thing with a shove on Harden and then getting up in the ref's face too. After starting 0-2 the Lakers losing Ingram and Rondo for possibly 5+ games could be really bad with how packed the west is.

Looked at a lot of the video footage now and can't see a spit. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I can't see it, and the NBA is going to have a hard time proving it if there's no footage. If Rondo did do it though, it's disgusting and if proven he should get a long ban.

That said, there's a reason (well many actually :rolleyes:) Paul is the most disliked player in the league. He doesn't deserve to be spat at (no-one does) but it's not a huge shock he was involved in a fight. I was however shocked to hear this was only his 2nd ejection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Looked at a lot of the video footage now and can't see a spit. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I can't see it, and the NBA is going to have a hard time proving it if there's no footage. If Rondo did do it though, it's disgusting and if proven he should get a long ban.

Had a look at it on Twitter, can't see a spit either but you can definitely see Paul wipe something from his right cheek. Ingram got 4 games off, Rondo 3, & Paul 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1054137903331328000?s=19

Hard to know what to make of these numbers, if they are saying Rondo spit then one game more than Paul seems light, if they aren't saying he spit then strange he's getting more since Paul booked him in the eye first.

Ingram lucky to only be getting 4 as instigator to the whole thing and then 3rd man in to the scuffle throwing a punch

It's a bit strange alright but they all got off very lightly IMO, esp. Ingram.

Not trying to make excuses but I wonder if Rondo whilst not intentionally spitting, but with all the shouting and sh*t talk that was going on a little bit of saliva came out and accidentally landed on Paul? Paul is wiping something, but there's a big difference in someone deliberately spitting on you and being caught in an accidental piece of spaying spittle.

Either way, I can't see a spit there btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,688 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

kmart6 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1054137903331328000?s=19

Hard to know what to make of these numbers, if they are saying Rondo spit then one game more than Paul seems light, if they aren't saying he spit then strange he's getting more since Paul booked him in the eye first.

Ingram lucky to only be getting 4 as instigator to the whole thing and then 3rd man in to the scuffle throwing a punch

https://twitter.com/bobbymarks42/status/1054140581998460929?s=21

BIG fines :eek:

Meanwhile, Trae Young got a 35/11 double-double

and Nikola Jokic had a 35-12-11 PERFECT game!

Jokic had a great night, BUT the problem with him (aside from the body) is he’s only taking 11 shots. They need him to be taking a lot more. He’s too unselfish if that makes sense? He’s had some crazy stat nights like this before (20pt double double or triple double on less than 20shots). They can give him the keys to the offence but he just needs to take more shots. In a funny way, he’s playing a very Euroleague big man type game, in the NBA. I’d love to see him turn up ripped and decide “I’m taking 30 shots a game this year” to see what the ceiling is.

Young more than any other rookie will I expect have wild fluctuations from
    a scoring perspective - the highs will be high, and the lows will be low. He’s an outstanding passer though, and it’s almost forgotten in his play as there’s so much focus on his shooting. He’s a dark horse for Rookie of the Year if he can find some level of consistency.

• Advertisement

Fines, meh. The fines always make me laugh, in reality they have no impact on these guys. It’d be like fining you or me €5.

It seems they’re going on some sort of scale relative to salary though for the fines, which is interesting, though there’ll possibly be some challenge on the grounds of discrimination on this from the Players Association.

Saw some new footage on ESPN, Rondo definitely spat at Paul. I'm no fan of Paul's (from a personality perspective), but Rondo should have gotten 10+ games for that. Even that would arguably be light.

Ingram got off very, very lightly too.

Probably the best angle of the spit

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Quick query, I have got the league pass, using the Indian method, and am casting to my nvidia shield with the nba app. But I can't seem to get rid of the subtitles!! Any ideas

Lakers 0-3 now. In fairness they’re not the only ones with losing records - there’s been a good few surprise results already and the pace (and scoring) across the league is off the charts. Was reading possessions per game are up 10+ since 2014, which is an insane jump in such a short period of time. Add in all the extra 3s and it’s easy to see why scoring is up. Makes a big change fro the 78-76 games of the mid 90s-2000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »

Hey, don’t you know you’re not allowed criticise LeBron on here? ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Hey, don’t you know you’re not allowed criticise LeBron on here?

Is that a new thing?😕

rushfan wrote: »
    Is that a new thing?��

No. It’s in the Thread Rules. :rolleyes:

I can never quite figure out which Morris brother I dislike more

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Blake turning back the clock a little with 50, 14, 6, and the game winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

He's a great player. He's black, but has freckles and a copper topper. Strange looking.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    He's a great player. He's black, but has freckles and a copper topper. Strange looking.

His mother is white and has red hair. But not sure what his race has to do with anything....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I feel hes one of the most underrated players in the game. Hes the perfect center in the game. Sadly hes been on two teams with well star centers

Blake can be a top 3 PF when he's healthy and on his game, unfortunately even if he stays fit I don't think he'll go anywhere with Detroit, and his contract is too big for anyone to trade for him.

He's always been an under-rated passer (esp. for his height and position), but this was overlooked because of all the insane highlight reel dunks. The athleticism has clearly declined hugely but this isn't surprising given the injury history. His 3 point shooting has improved enormously as the athleticism has declined, but the shot still looks a little unnatural. He's evolved his game quite well all things considered and while he make make an Eastern Conf. All Star Team, there's not a chance he'd make it out West. And that contract..........

I do feel sorry for him on one level as he did get royally shafted by the Clippers. But I'm sure his contract and endorsement money will ease the pain.

Luke Walton fined 15k for barely criticising the refs

Embiid only given a warning for this flop that resulted in Drummond's ejection

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,688 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Steph "Skyfúcker" Curry has returned!

Looks like Kawhi is perfectly healthy too; averaging 28 ppg on 35 mpg.

Curry with 51 in 3 quarters. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again (probably), I think him and Klay will have some (possibly very) minor regrets when they retire that Kerr sat them when they were on fire like this. Sure the game is over and in the bag but you get so few shots at 60, 65 or dare I say it 70 in the league that I really feel you should let them go for it - let them have the next night off if you’re worried about fatigue. The Suns let the kid go for 70 in a not even close loss a few years ago, just let them go for a career high Steve.....

• Advertisement

Yeah even though it's the right thing to do I hate it when they get benched. Both Lillard and McCollum had games with 50 points in <30 minutes last season and neither got to play after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement