Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2020 PGA Championship Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Hard to see past Koepka. guy's a machine

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Really enjoying this, a proper test. Birdies are made to work for and fairways need to be hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Champ -7 and still not being shown !

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Brooks being 4/1 here is beyond silly. Come on it’s widen open. Back 9 is gonna be tough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

McGinley spent 2 hours yesterday telling us all how Haotong Li is overdoing the practice, and that he will fall away, overdid his analysis a bit, relax dude. I enjoyed some of his stuff yesterday though wasn't as bad as usual

McGinley is an asshole. Anyone who has had the misfortune of meeting him will attest to that. One of the worst, if not the worst, commentators/pundits/analysts I’ve ever seen.

One that sticks in the memory and I almost slap myself in the face out of frustration even thinking of it, is after the 2018 Ryder Cup McGinley spent about 10 minutes talking about the “up and coming guy on the PGA Tour and a guy everyone at home needs to watch out for”...Justin Thomas. Justin Thomas - a 25 year old Major and FedEx Cup winner the year before. I can’t believe Sky Sports are still paying this jerk off to appear on television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Morikawa is gifted.

Whoever you like this is top quality golf from many players.

I gotta say i like the **** bunkers too as they are meant to be a penalty and they are too easy for players these days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Motivator wrote: »
    McGinley is an asshole. Anyone who has had the misfortune of meeting him will attest to that. One of the worst, if not the worst, commentators/pundits/analysts I’ve ever seen.

One that sticks in the memory and I almost slap myself in the face out of frustration even thinking of it, is after the 2018 Ryder Cup McGinley spent about 10 minutes talking about the “up and coming guy on the PGA Tour and a guy everyone at home needs to watch out for”...Justin Thomas. Justin Thomas - a 25 year old Major and FedEx Cup winner the year before. I can’t believe Sky Sports are still paying this jerk off to appear on television.

Well..... you could call him ignorant at best.

Calling him an asshole and a jerk cause of that may be just slightly, slightly over the top.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

This is ridiculous, it's like watching the world luck champions, Li hit a tee shot, and someone must have kicked it out of the ****e, then he missed the green, and holed a putt from off the green, De chambeau holed a putt at the last that was a miracle, and Casey holed out of a bunker on the 8th, I know it happens every week, but there is no reward any more for hitting drives and wedges, and leaving 15 foot putts, the courses are set up to encourage big driving goons, Finau, who is another par 5 goon, holed a 60 footer on a par 3, hit 38% of fairways yesterday and is still - 6, Bryson is 44% and -6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Hope DJ does it tomorrow. Just like watching his style.
    or Tony Finau.
    As for Casey. Is there a more slapable face in golf? Loves himself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Degag wrote: »
    Well..... you could call him ignorant at best.

Calling him an asshole and a jerk cause of that may be just slightly, slightly over the top.:rolleyes:

Not over the top at all. Can you disagree with anything I’ve said? You’ve obviously never met the man if you have an issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Motivator wrote: »
    Not over the top at all. Can you disagree with anything I’ve said? You’ve obviously never met the man if you have an issue with it.

Commentators can be infuriating at times in all sports. Hardly means they are assholes. Faldo is constantly amazed that players can hit 7 irons 180 yards!!! They are doing that for a few years ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 naraicjul

Apologies for such basic questions......

How can I stream the golf?

Is it free or do I have to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Would love to see Tommy Fleetwood doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

naraicjul wrote: »
    Apologies for such basic questions......

How can I stream the golf?

Is it free or do I have to pay?

There’s no legal free way to watch it live.

Here the only legal way to watch is on Sky Sports as they have the UK and Ireland rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Great leaderboard. I can't see past DJ, Brooks or Morikawa. Hopefully DJ will do it.

I'd give Berger an outside chance.

Champ and Scheffler are too inexperienced.

Casey hasn't a hope obviously.

Bryson, Rose and Fleetwood aren't quite at their best this week I don't think.

Finau... enough said.

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

An got a hole in one

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Bryson is my pick

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Is it just me or does Bryson DeChambeau look very sick teeing off in the first?

Birdies everywhere.
    The winner will have to shoot excellent score today....64 or 65?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Will be a great final round but I'm not staying up for it.

Think Bryson will do it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Jesus Christ! Casey could win this thing.
    I can just picture the level of smug oozing from him.
    Ughh

Dj looking wobbly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Jesus Christ! Casey could win this thing.
    I can just picture the level of smug oozing from him.
    Ughh

I'd give him zero chance of winning. I agree though it'd be awful, I'd take anyone bar him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'd love it if Casey won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Rikand wrote: »

Would take him over Bryson any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Didn’t realize Casey was 43 this is certainly his last major chance

Rikand wrote: »

Go on....Give me a reason not to hate you please!

& Bryson is no excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Go on....Give me a reason not to hate you please!

& Bryson is no excuse!

I'm a massive fan of Sergio and Patrick Reed too.

I basically love the people who everyone else hates :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭funnyname

Casey's grandfather is from Clare so he's at least 1/4 Irish.

Advertisement