Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Protest Discussion

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

All quarterbacks in the NFL are in demand...including second and third string guys. If you have a guy like Mark Sanchez still on a roster in 2018, you can pretty much say that Kaepernick was definitely being blackballed & denied work...regardless of his regression, he still fit a certain way of playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Kaepernick was absolutely blackballed. There is no question. At the same time, suing the people who you are trying to get to employ you isn’t going to help.

And that isn’t putting any blame on Kaep but just an observation. The owners decided that he wasn’t worth the backlash. They should’ve been stronger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Kaepernick was absolutely blackballed. There is no question. At the same time, suing the people who you are trying to get to employ you isn’t going to help.

And that isn’t putting any blame on Kaep but just an observation. The owners decided that he wasn’t worth the backlash. They should’ve been stronger

Nothing was going to help him. What else could he possibly have done?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Nothing was going to help him. What else could he possibly have done?

He couldn’t have done anything else.

I simply said that trying to sue the people that he wanted to employ him wouldn’t have helped his chances

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

MrKingsley wrote: »
    He couldn’t have done anything else.

I simply said that trying to sue the people that he wanted to employ him wouldn’t have helped his chances

He had zero chance if he did nothing. Forcing info out in the open might have increased his chances to miniscule and simultaneously opened the door to compensation for his mistreatment.

I don't really get your point.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    He had zero chance if he did nothing. Forcing info out in the open might have increased his chances to miniscule and simultaneously opened the door to compensation for his mistreatment.

I don't really get your point.

He had zero chance of getting a contract if he did nothing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Stephen A Smith

Bill O’Brien says he’s likely to take a knee with his players this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

As expected, Drew Brees releases his apology on Instagram.

You have to wonder what the people who said signing Kaep was too problematic for locker room harmony and that no player is big enough to cause that much disruption in the team a few years ago, think Brees should be released now.

I mean we all know the answer they'd almost universally give, but still. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wishes he had 'listened earlier' to Colin Kaepernick

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelAcho/status/1297669953215246345

Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man: The National Anthem Protest- PT. 1

NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, & I discuss Colin Kaepernick & the protests during the national anthem that polarized America.

Advertisement