Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb scare in Connolly Station

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

baylah17 wrote: »
    Yes
    Ahh
    Was you all upsetted when it wasn't the big bad muzzilim bogeyman?
    Sad
    Very sad

I have no reply to that level of gibberish.

Actually, since you’re the second person to reply to me in retarded language...
    I don’t have an issue with Muslim people. My ‘go to’ takeaway is owned by a Muslim guy, sound as a pound. I eat his halal dishes regularly. He puts ham on my pizza. I like nice people regardless of race or religion.
    What I don’t like is Islamic terrorists, Muslim rape gangs and the other crappy things that often come along with Islam.

The problem is that people on both sides seem to have great difficulty in separating the bad from the good. He blamed ISIS before the facts came out, he obviously hates all Muslims :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Not what you think I meant. I’m trying to make a point in threads like these.
    You’re allowed to speculate on literally anything else. Can’t be going hurting terrorists feelings now...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106823461&postcount=88

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106825541&postcount=112

The Ariana Grande bombing thread literally had ‘no speculation’ in the thread title. Yet everyone was speculating about giant balloons popping, speakers blowing, gas explosion etc. Any mention of poor old ISIS getting the blame and it’s “How dare you!!!”

Great job.
    Drawing a comparison between mental illness, something that can affect and probably does affect every Irish person at some point of their lives, and Islam, a system of belief that is not even remotely widespread in this country, and that most people would be fairly oblivious to if the media wasn't ramming it down our throats.

Islam or not, I'd say it's fair to suggest anybody hell bent on executing a terror attack is also mentally ill.

Would be ludicrous to take that as an attack on anybody else diagnosed as having a mental illness.

Great job.
    Drawing a comparison between mental illness, something that can affect and probably does affect every Irish person at some point of their lives, and Islam, a system of belief that is not even remotely widespread in this country, and that most people would be fairly oblivious to if the media wasn't ramming it down our throats.

Islam or not, I'd say it's fair to suggest anybody hell bent on executing a terror attack is also mentally ill.

Would be ludicrous to take that as an attack on anybody else diagnosed as having a mental illness.

I’m not drawing any comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

The last time a bomb exploded at Connolly station was in September 1994 were a 2lb UVF bomb only partially exploded injuring two youbg women.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Dublin-Belfast_train_bombing

It was probbably the same UVF unit who tried to bomb a Sinn Fein party, but IRA Volunteer Martin "Doco" Doherty of the Dublin Brigade, attacked the UVF death squad and was shot dead for his troubles, he almost certainly saved scores from death & injuries with his unselfish actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And you wonder why people have issues with your arguments appearing prejudiced?

You’ve no idea what you’re talking about.
    Standard SJW responce - didn't expect it from you - but how about you address the post instead if claiming inplied ignorance?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Standard SJW responce - didn't expect it from you - but how about you address the post instead if claiming inplied ignorance?

I’m not that bothered how my post appeared to anyone else. I know what I meant by it. I’ve tried explaining it but it’s proving a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I’m not drawing any comparison.

Your first quoted post on mental illness seems to be a very clear play on the common 'Not all Muslims...' response to Islamic terrorist attacks.

Islam is not the problem. Extremism is the problem.

An attack can be focused on and presented in any number of ways by whatever media with their particular slant, but whether Christian, Islamic, or Incel, the one thing in common are views and actions that go far beyond a moderate belief system.

Would you not agree that mental illness is the foundation for extremism and the desire to hurt and kill other people?

I’m not that bothered how my post appeared to anyone else. I know what I meant by it. I’ve tried explaining it but it’s proving a waste of time.

You mean " go educate yourself" - right?

I'm starting that you implied that it was an Islsmic threat. If I'm wrong then put your cards in the table: what did you mean?

Your first quoted post on mental illness seems to be a very clear play on the common 'Not all Muslims...' response to Islamic terrorist attacks.

Islam is not the problem. Extremism is the problem.

An attack can be focused on and presented in any number of ways by whatever media with their particular slant, but whether Christian, Islamic, or Incel, the one thing in common are views and actions that go far beyond a moderate belief system.

Would you not agree that mental illness is the foundation for extremism and the desire to hurt and kill other people?

That’s exactly where I’m coming from. It’s ok to speculate that something might have been carried out by Islamic extremists. That doesn’t mean you hate Muslims.

The mental illness thing was just to illustrate the point that you can get away with speculating on anything else without people pulling you up on it. I didn’t intentionally compare the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Must source a defunct world war 2 bomb and place it in my place of work to get day off. Been too long since we had a snow day or a baten down the hatches, it's a hurricane..day off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Must source a defunct world war 2 bomb and place it in my place of work to get day off. Been too long since we had a snow day or a baten down the hatches, it's a hurricane..day off.

Easier to source an envelope and some flour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Easier to source an envelope and some flour.

A recipe for disaster

Got one if those a few weeks back, but then i do live in Berlin. Would imagine is tricky finding an unexploded WW2 bomb in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Got one if those a few weeks back, but then i do live in Berlin. Would imagine is tricky finding an unexploded WW2 bomb in Dublin.

No we don't find German UXB's like you would in European and UK cities but they're washed up on our shores on occasion and even caught up in fishing boat nets.

Just a point of interest about our soldiers serving with the Explosive Ordnance Disposal are all volunteers. The guys who are defusing these bombs, and sometimes making chemicals safe volunteer and can't be ordered to do this work.

Advertisement