Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb scare in Connolly Station

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Hopefully its a false alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭KrakityJones

AnneFrank wrote: »
    I bet it was a relation of Bin Laden

Wheelie Bin Laden?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Remembering the heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Old WW2 Historic or the new and a huge bomb for this Island I wonder which it is.
    The item found was said to be “historic in nature”.

http://www.thejournal.ie/connolly-station-evacuated-3986280-Apr2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭circadian

Bloody crytpo Islamofascists at it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Am I too late to blame foreigners?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Am I too late to blame foreigners?

But it could have been.....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'll Blame shaggy... But he'll Just say "It wasn't me..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Surely it's the Russians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I bet it's a false flag. One of the train drivers was after sleeping out his shift because of a raging hangover so he got his mate to lob a box of dynamite under one of the arches to create a diversion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nah, sure it’s fine to speculate as long as you don’t mention ‘you know what’

Exhibit A -

You must be gutted. Between this and that manosphere incel murderer, it's been a bad week for the 'it wus deh muzzies' crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

The Defence Forces have said that the items were old commercial explosives that would have been used by railway stations years ago.

Cant see why they would turn up out of the blue now unless someone wanted the afternoon off work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jjbrien wrote: »
    Cant see why they would turn up out of the blue now unless someone wanted the afternoon off work

Probably renovations.

We're called out regularly for old explosives, mostly dating back to 1916-1922 and usually old Mills bombs, although old artillery bombs show up too.

You'd be surprised at the amount of things things are found in old houses when they're being renovated after many years of neglect.

The canals have regular finds too, usually when there's works or dredging being carried out. People just chucked their old bombs into the canals when they were done with killing Brits/Black and Tans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Probably renovations.

We're called out regularly for old explosives, mostly dating back to 1916-1922 and usually old Mills bombs, although old artillery bombs show up too.

You'd be surprised at the amount of things things are found in old houses when they're being renovated after many years of neglect.

The canals have regular finds too, usually when there's works or dredging being carried out. People just chucked their old bombs into the canals when they were done with killing Brits/Black and Tans.

I've always wondered what could be buried under the bottom of the liffey aswell,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

You must be gutted. Between this and that manosphere incel murderer, it's been a bad week for the 'it wus deh muzzies' crowd.

What are you on about? Why would I be gutted? I’m not part of any crowd.
    If this incident had anything to do with Islamic terrorism, which I didn’t for a second think it did, it would be Islamic terrorists I would be directing my ire towards. Not “de muzzies”
    What a dumb comment from you. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Exhibit A -
    It would have been pretty stupid to mention "you know what" in this case though.

Modern terrorists don't leave bombs lying around. Be that Islamic fascists or Nazis, they tend to just arrive on site and start shooting/exploding without warning.

So any bomb scare these days is usually either unexploded ordanance or someone who forgot their bag.

seamus wrote: »
    It would have been pretty stupid to mention "you know what" in this case though.

Modern terrorists don't leave bombs lying around. Be that Islamic fascists or Nazis, they tend to just arrive on site and start shooting/exploding without warning.

So any bomb scare these days is usually either unexploded ordanance or someone who forgot their bag.

I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Exhibit A -

And you wonder why people have issues with your arguments appearing prejudiced?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

And you wonder why people have issues with your arguments appearing prejudiced?

You’ve no idea what you’re talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

They’re now saying it’s about 40 years old which dates it to the 70s - I’m thinking it might be related to the Troubles.

It’s unbelievable that 13 sticks of TNT just sat there undisturbed all that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

They’re now saying it’s about 40 years old which dates it to the 70s - I’m thinking it might be related to the Troubles.

It’s unbelievable that 13 sticks of TNT just sat there undisturbed all that time.

Probably left over from Nelson's pillar job in 66.

Joke at that time: What's the difference between Nelson ans Napoleon.

Napoleon was Bonaparte and Nelson was Blown Apart :p

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They're still digging up massive WW2 era bombs in Germany and Britain on building excavations and the odd bit of estuary dredging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Probably renovations.

As one well might! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

What are you on about? Why would I be gutted? I’m not part of any crowd.
    If this incident had anything to do with Islamic terrorism, which I didn’t for a second think it did, it would be Islamic terrorists I would be directing my ire towards. Not “de muzzies”
    What a dumb comment from you. Well done.

What did you mean by the following post?
    No doubt it’s the mentally ill up to their old tricks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Some many xenophobic trolls on social media tonight crying that it’s not ISIS or some “ferrener”.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    What did you mean by the following post?

Not what you think I meant. I’m trying to make a point in threads like these.
    You’re allowed to speculate on literally anything else. Can’t be going hurting terrorists feelings now...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106823461&postcount=88

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106825541&postcount=112

The Ariana Grande bombing thread literally had ‘no speculation’ in the thread title. Yet everyone was speculating about giant balloons popping, speakers blowing, gas explosion etc. Any mention of poor old ISIS getting the blame and it’s “How dare you!!!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So, you meant exactly what everybody thought you meant...

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

No.
    Yes
    Ahh
    Was you all upsetted when it wasn't the big bad muzzilim bogeyman?
    Sad
    Very sad

Advertisement