Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

Anyone get the extra rewards points on Xbox pc app. I didn't though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Haven't got it either 🙁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I got nothing 😕

Weekly Treasure is there today 🫡

Hit 100k points today! :)

Think it's the most I've ever had, usually I cash out before this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Kind of hoping they allow you to spend your points in the design lab again, but other than that might just wait for the next must have game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got caught out with that on the design lab and the credit expired this week so had to spend it or lose it. Lesson learned

Oh that was yourself?

I meant to get onto MS about this, so reading up on it, Digital River run the storefront.

I just sent them an email wondering why the payment type was removed, hopefully they respond!

Alternatively, I made 40,000 points in 3 calendar months. You can buy 3 months Ultimate for 35,000 and basically keep it going for free :)

Ye that was me. I did get onto support about it but they basically said its in the FAQs so not much they can do which is fair enough. I didn't check before getting the credit so entirely my fault for not checking. Just gonna keep saving now and who knows might eventually have a bit to put toward a mid cycle refresh (if it happens) or upgrade from an S to an X at some stage.

• Advertisement

New Years punch card (if this link works) for 100 point quiz and 3 other things to click.

Rewards Dashboard (bing.com)

500 point Hidden Gems Game Pass punch card on the Xbox.

Haven't tried then yet but here's the ne for Kentucky Route Zero. I think I've gotten achievements for most of the others..

https://www.trueachievements.com/a291768/i-bet-a-dog-will-eat-it-achievement

I see MS have dropped the monthly quest from 1000 to 500 points. Been a lot of drops in points amounts in the last few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

They also got rid of monthly game quests too. There is a weekly game quest worth 250 points though

Ah I hadn't spotted that. And I missed out on the 1000 points for December because I wasn't playing much over Christmas. That's a shame..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, they've mixed it up again and definitely got scabbier.

I guess if that's every week it would probably make up the other points.

The 2 monthly ones were usually 75 a pop weren't they? I rarely did them as they almost always meant I'd inadvertently unlock an achievement in a game I had no interest in. This weeks 250 pointer was previously one of the 75 point monthly quests and I can't play that again without getting an achievement.

Anyway I've seen it worked out and it looks like it's a net gain:

2022 points for Gamepass Quests = 21,995 points per year

2023 points for Gamepass Quests = 23,015 points per year

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Does it take long to earn that much xp in Black Desert? I remember that game being horrible the few minutes I played for a previous quest.

• Advertisement

Rewards hunter has a video on it.

He was basically in a field of imps killing them, took him 11 mins.

I stood beside a spawn point in the same field and managed to do it in about 5 mins.

I also played on cloud, so no downloading was great :)

I saw people complain about doing rewards things that trigger an achievement. What's wrong with that?

It's dire game from what I've seen. Hacked away at some tree things, haven't popped the reward yet. Will not be playing it long.

was planning to do this on cloud too but for whatever reason cloud gaming is not loading half the time for me lately. Anybody else having issues with Cloud Gaming?

You just have to leave it on the loading screen, until it kicks in.

If I'd to guess, I'd say all sessions are in use and you're waiting in a queue for one to become available.

That's a guess though, i've no idea how the system controls sessions. Had to wait more than 5 mins for it to give me a session yesterday.

Some on screen info on what's happening wouldn't go amiss :D

Having just 1 achievement in a game can drive some people mad! :D

It's silly really, but I don't want a game I'd not have opted to play otherwise on my account as it messes with my completion %. That one is a 500-700 hour completion in terms of the achievements.

Tuesday is usually too busy for most cloud gaming for rewards.

What you don't see on the console is that you are put in a queue to wait for a server. If you fire up the game in a web browser on pc you will see the estimated wait times.

A new shock blue controller arrived today, paid for with rewards points. Kids broke my black series x one and I've 4 or 5 of the older ones but they just aren't the same in hand are they?

• Advertisement

The newer ones are a tiny bit smaller I think, but barely noticeable.

looks like it one weekly quest worth 250 points every week. Here this week's one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

10 minutes? Funk that. I couldn't even get into the 250 point game last week, I didn't care enough to look into it. It looks like I'll be leaving 250 points behind every week so. . .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It is totally not worth the effort to spend the time on these tasks for 25c and 10 minutes effort. My time is worth more than that... But the time I'm doing these things is whilst sat on the sofa otherwise doing nothing, and for a number of the tasks being mildly entertained at the same time. So I do them, and then at some point in the future will get a pleasant "surprise" of some free vouchers for a game or something.

250 ain't too bad, sure it's 25c , but that's the name of the game. I'm up to €270 with all those 5c,10c & 25c

Just play the first few minutes/stealth kills of the game and rinse and repeat. Actually as games go it's not that bad.

I have a feeling this game will be on again so it might be worthwhile loading /saving in and getting to skip all those cut scenes now.

Plus all those 250 weekly quests add up for the 12 weekly quests to get the 1000 points.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All the cut scenes are skippable, and its really quick loading the saves. Felt liek no time at all to get the stealth kills. Plus a handy achievement for the daily 50 too.

Ya it was very easy if you are quick enough with the first kill run over to the stairs on the left and get the guy with his back turned on the stairs.

It's 20 stealth kills for the achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Seems to be a lot less ways to gain points in the Rewards app so far this month and yet to see the Weekly Treasure either. Was bound to happen I suppose but hopefully things improve

So out of curiosity I launched Dishonoured via the cloud. It turns out I had a save just at the bit where you get the knife. It must have been a quest before. From there is took nowhere near 10 mins, more like 4. I was getting the 2nd guy before he got to the stairs. I also popped that achievement that the guy in the video got.

I was trying to see if any of the games leaving on the 15th were worth grinding out some achievements on.

I spotted that Welsh Hunter had a walk-through on Pupperazi and was just over 2 hours.

Played and got 600G/1,000G in the first 40 mins, then the remaining 90 or so was so grindy, I just left it.

Hate not completing a game, once I set out to do it, but I just didn't have it in me to continue 😊

• Advertisement

Seems like I've lost my streak for no apparent reason. I did all the daily set yesterday, did my searches this morning and the daily set to see my streak is now 1. This happened to anyone else?

Is it possible they're clamping down on the auto searchers?

Streak is still intact for me

Yeah, my streak is still there too!

I wouldn't use auto searchers though, seems too risky, especially when I've so many points!

Maybe I didn't do the 3 daily set items, but I do recall seeing I had 495 points for yesterday which would suggest I did. The autosearch extension I'd been using doesn't seem to be working anymore so I guess I'll be doing them manually from now on anyway

Weekly Treasure is there today 🥳

My xbox streak reset after 100, not sure if by design or I missed week 101 but either way, it's killed any urgency I have to build it up again and I may have missed one or two more since.

My MS daily set streak resets weekly as I never do them at the weekend.

How are y'all doing anyway? I'm on 235k and just hoarding likely until a new box comes along

I'm at 41 or 42 weeks stream in rewards and 33 days streak on the rewards dashboard. I have 35K points banked, not planning on doing anything other than hoard until a new xbox is announced.

144 week streak on the Xbox dashboard

110 days streak on the Bing searches one - I think @marcbrophy should be the same too on this 🤔

Yep, today is 110 day streak!

I'm also on a 127 week streak 😁

Very handy 250 points for the weekly achievement - just play a game for 60 minutes. You could just start game, pick character and then leave it sit in the background. I played through a chunk though, seems like a fun little puzzle game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement