Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Does the normal sports pass work on iOS or do I have to sign up to a separate mobile pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Does the normal sports pass work on iOS or do I have to sign up to a separate mobile pass?

The normal pass will work on an iPhone etc.
    You are allowed register 6 devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have a Now TV account for last while and used to buy week long sports passes when there were a few decent games on Sky.Used to plug Laptop into our Smart TV to watch games...picture quality very good....haven't a clue what rating.
    Not the best technology wise...would it be worth getting Argos stick option to use on our ordinary TV in Livingroom?.....the OH mightn't fancy wall to wall soccer for next few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Have a Now TV account for last while and used to buy week long sports passes when there were a few decent games on Sky.Used to plug Laptop into our Smart TV to watch games...picture quality very good....haven't a clue what rating.
    Not the best technology wise...would it be worth getting Argos stick option to use on our ordinary TV in Livingroom?.....the OH mightn't fancy wall to wall soccer for next few months?
    Sounds like you may struggle to find an argos with them in stock

I got one for my mum and it's a great piece of kit for the money, really simple to use. It's limited in what it does but if all you want is on it (Nowtv, netflix, All4, rte etc) then it's really handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

If I have a PS4 u can watch it on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

If I have a PS4 u can watch it on that.

Thanks, we'll be over just before kickoff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Ordered one of these Now TV sticks from DID electrical blanchardstown yesterday morning (Monday) in the hope it would be ready right away so I could drop in and collect it for the Arsenal man city game Wednesday night! (Or the weekend if it’s not on those channels)

All they’ve done from yesterday is accept my order, send and invoice, and said it’s “processing”. Now bear in mind it said the stick was “in stock” in blanch and finglas stores to name a few.

Online can be so annoying sometimes, I rang them up today and couldn’t get through.

If I drive in there tomorrow and there’s a stick in stock on the shelf I’ll be f*cked off ! Why do they take so long if it’s sitting there? Wasn’t going to take the gamble on home delivery

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Ordered one of these Now TV sticks from DID electrical blanchardstown yesterday morning (Monday) in the hope it would be ready right away so I could drop in and collect it for the Arsenal man city game Wednesday night! (Or the weekend if it’s not on those channels)

All they’ve done from yesterday is accept my order, send and invoice, and said it’s “processing”. Now bear in mind it said the stick was “in stock” in blanch and finglas stores to name a few.

Online can be so annoying sometimes, I rang them up today and couldn’t get through.

If I drive in there tomorrow and there’s a stick in stock on the shelf I’ll be f*cked off ! Why do they take so long if it’s sitting there? Wasn’t going to take the gamble on home delivery

If there is one in stock when you go there, just buy it - then email them and cancel the online order.

A lot of Irish retailers don't really get click and collect, they pick the stock from a warehouse not a local store then ship it. That's fine if they have a good system but not if they don't.

Lifestyle Sports are very good....Elverys and Eason are not (for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

There’s loads of them in Dunnes, 25€ incl one month sports and cinema

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is this bargain gone?
    Seems to be 40 quid now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

whiskeyman wrote:
    Is this bargain gone? Seems to be 40 quid now?

No, that's it. That's sky sports and bt sports.

Is it definitely cancel anytime btw? Seems there's a 14 day free trial too for new customers so can get the rest of the pl season for just the 40 then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Is this bargain gone?
    Seems to be 40 quid now?
    23 for me - https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch-sky-sports-online

Was 25.99 to buy the stick off DID

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

titan18 wrote: »
    No, that's it. That's sky sports and bt sports.

Is it definitely cancel anytime btw? Seems there's a 14 day free trial too for new customers so can get the rest of the pl season for just the 40 then

14 day trial for sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

lertsnim wrote: »
    14 day trial for sports?

It says it on the checkout page when I have it in cart

14 day free trial if started on or before 7 July 2020 (changing to 7 days for trials started from 8 July). Then the great entertainment keeps rolling automatically after your pre-paid period at just €15.00 a month for Entertainment, €15.00 a month for Sky Cinema, €7.00 a month for Kids, €39.00 for Sky Sports, €34.00 for Sports Extra & €6.00 a month for hayu, unless cancelled. You can stop renewal at any time. No contract. These are limited time offers and may not be available in the future. Free trials are for new customers only. Savings compared to standard price of month passes

That includes sports in it so I assume there's a trial on it, otherwise it's a bit misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

titan18 wrote: »
    It says it on the checkout page when I have it in cart

14 day free trial if started on or before 7 July 2020 (changing to 7 days for trials started from 8 July). Then the great entertainment keeps rolling automatically after your pre-paid period at just €15.00 a month for Entertainment, €15.00 a month for Sky Cinema, €7.00 a month for Kids, €39.00 for Sky Sports, €34.00 for Sports Extra & €6.00 a month for hayu, unless cancelled. You can stop renewal at any time. No contract. These are limited time offers and may not be available in the future. Free trials are for new customers only. Savings compared to standard price of month passes

That includes sports in it so I assume there's a trial on it, otherwise it's a bit misleading

What did you add to the cart though?
    I don’t think there are any free trials on the sports channels, just the others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Was 25.99 to buy the stick off DID

Got the last one in local DID yesterday , Added to existing NowTV a/c that had no active subs , Works fine on my Roku and the NowTV stick , Any expiry date as I have 4 more on order from DID website ? Added Netflix/Rte Player/Virgin/Youtube Premium and all working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Tried DID yesterday and they were all out but PowerCity have it for 29.99, which is still a 10er cheaper than through NOWtv itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Any way to sideload the virgin media TV anywhere app (not the standard player) on to one of these sticks?

DID are useless. As i previously said I ordered this online monday morning - said it was in stock in blanchardstown. Monday & Yesterday I got an email to say that it was processing.

Drove in this morning to Blanchardstown and they had none in store, none in stock, and stuttered about telling me "there's one in Tullamore". Not good enough.

I walked across to Harvey Norman and picked one up, there were 3 left.

If I let the one come on ahead from DID towards the end of the week - how do I know after the first month this offer will still be here lads? Thinking of just cancelling the DID one before it comes...

The lad in harvey norman explained that I could go ahead and buy the 3 that were left, but it would involve signing up a new email address each time, plus next month this deal might not be here and I'll just be left with 3 sticks. Is that correct?

I probably won't bother with it once it goes back to full price after premiership season is over anyway!!

DID are useless. As i previously said I ordered this online monday morning - said it was in stock in blanchardstown. Monday & Yesterday I got an email to say that it was processing.

Drove in this morning to Blanchardstown and they had none in store, none in stock, and stuttered about telling me "there's one in Tullamore". Not good enough.

I walked across to Harvey Norman and picked one up, there were 3 left.

If I let the one come on ahead from DID towards the end of the week - how do I know after the first month this offer will still be here lads? Thinking of just cancelling the DID one before it comes...

The lad in harvey norman explained that I could go ahead and buy the 3 that were left, but it would involve signing up a new email address each time, plus next month this deal might not be here and I'll just be left with 3 sticks. Is that correct?

I probably won't bother with it once it goes back to full price after premiership season is over anyway!!

You only need 2 to get you through this premier league season

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

Any way to sideload the virgin media TV anywhere app (not the standard player) on to one of these sticks?

Now TV stick comes with VM TV App

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    Now TV stick comes with VM TV App

He says this in his post , He looking to install the App for Paid VM TV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I think I am going to get the combined sports bundle for €40.

Can I ask if you are locked in for the 6 months or can you cancel at any time?

for example, I could get 2 months for €80 if I want to or will I be contracted to €240 for the 6 months?

Thank you.

Dave :)

DVDM93 wrote: »

for example, I could get 2 months for €80 if I want to or will I be contracted to €240 for the 6 months?

Thank you.

If you go & get 2 now tv sports bundle sticks in PowerCity/HarveyNorman then you'll only pay 60 - just use them back to back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

DVDM93 wrote: »

Thank you.

You can cancel any time. Offer price is for the first six months but there's no contract

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Thank you both very much, appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

TimHorton wrote: »
    Got the last one in local DID yesterday , Added to existing NowTV a/c that had no active subs , Works fine on my Roku and the NowTV stick , Any expiry date as I have 4 more on order from DID website ? Added Netflix/Rte Player/Virgin/Youtube Premium and all working fine.

You can also add Disney+

Advertisement