15-03-2020, 12:06   #1
dragona

Send a message via Skype™ to dragona
Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

If I don't get to collect my pre order in Smyths on Friday I will lose my mind

What are the chances of it being closed sob. They said business as usual but who knows.

If I have to stay indoors I NEED TO HAVE IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod
List of Boards.ie Animal Crossing New Horizons Players.

Google Doc - View AC Player List
Add your own details

Last edited by Mr E; 18-05-2020 at 11:32.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2020, 13:54   #2
blockfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragona View Post
If I don't get to collect my pre order in Smyths on Friday I will lose my mind

What are the chances of it being closed sob. They said business as usual but who knows.

If I have to stay indoors I NEED TO HAVE IT.
Was it just the game or the special edition console? Worst case scenario, you have to download it and not get a physical copy.
15-03-2020, 15:27   #3
AMGer

Shame it wasn’t released last Friday instead - would have been perfect to stay indoors and forget that there’s no sport to watch.

I’ll be disappointed aswell if Smyths are closed up later this week, been looking forward to this one. I also managed to nab the pre order early so I’ll get the few extra goodies with it
15-03-2020, 15:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGer View Post
Shame it wasn’t released last Friday instead - would have been perfect to stay indoors and forget that there’s no sport to watch.

I’ll be disappointed aswell if Smyths are closed up later this week, been looking forward to this one. I also managed to nab the pre order early so I’ll get the few extra goodies with it
I hope the shops can at least do online deliveries ... Not just the game shops ... Would rather get this from Smyths than Amazon ... And spend my money in Ireland cause my god businesses are going to need it !
Thanks from:
15-03-2020, 16:34   #5
Satturnfalls

If you have the console juat buy it digital. Ifs its the console and smyths need to close im sure they will hang on to it for you. Ring or go into yer local store tomorrow and ask them.
Advertisement
16-03-2020, 01:36   #6
dragona

Send a message via Skype™ to dragona
Just the game......and a case,,,,and controller,,,, that I do not give a monkeys about , but i want the game

This is the dilemma, do I pre order the digital and then risk having to buy the actual game on Friday from Smyths as well,if they do not close, as I have pre ordered from them?

This is practically a life or death situation,as in I will die if I don't have it on the day I need help
16-03-2020, 09:46   #7
CastorTroy

Reviews expected at 2pm today
(3) thanks from:
16-03-2020, 11:13   #8

Ordered from Amazon UK.
Feeling really stressed with all the **** at the moment.
Will put it in a glass case with a "break in case of self isolation" sign on it.

Anyway, the kids love animal crossing, so it's a no brainer.

Last edited by nintendoo; 16-03-2020 at 11:26.
16-03-2020, 14:04   #9
Mr E
Administrator

Looks like a winner.

Eurogamer: Essential
IGN: 9
Gamespot: 8 (still in progress)
NintendoLife: 10
Advertisement
16-03-2020, 14:09   #10
sligeach

https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...critic-reviews

The reviews seem positive so far. I expected as much from one of the sites, always the outlier. And The Daily Star, I'd never give it traffic.

IGN are hit and miss with their reviews. I always look at who reviewed the game. Pokemon Sword and Shield was a farce, handed to the biggest and most biased Pokemon fangirl around(though Gamespot did the same). Sam Claiborn reviewed this, so I'm happy about that. I'll read it in detail later. In his summary, you could say he almost took an innocuous dig at Pokemon.

Last edited by sligeach; 16-03-2020 at 14:37.
(2) thanks from:
17-03-2020, 09:14   #11
blockfighter

I've never played any game in this series and up until now it didn't appeal to me. But having watched some reviews im starting to think I should give it a try.
This might be partly down to the fact that so little has been released lately that ive been interested in that im just eager to buy any game though.
None of my mates plan on buying this game so id miss out on that aspect of the game too.
17-03-2020, 10:16   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockfighter View Post
I've never played any game in this series and up until now it didn't appeal to me. But having watched some reviews im starting to think I should give it a try.
This might be partly down to the fact that so little has been released lately that ive been interested in that im just eager to buy any game though.
None of my mates plan on buying this game so id miss out on that aspect of the game too.
It's a different kind of game. You can dip in and out. No pressure. Multiple players on the same switch will have to share the same island. Sounds like a virtual world lockdown I think Nintendo being really greedy here and not letting each player have their own island ... Or maybe I'm wrong about this ?? Anyway we are a single switch single AC cartridge family!
Thanks from:
17-03-2020, 14:19   #13
Tipsy McSwagger

46.69 on cdkeys.com

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/swit...orizons-switch
(2) thanks from:
17-03-2020, 14:54   #14
Banjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendoo View Post
It's a different kind of game. You can dip in and out. No pressure. Multiple players on the same switch will have to share the same island. Sounds like a virtual world lockdown I think Nintendo being really greedy here and not letting each player have their own island ... Or maybe I'm wrong about this ?? Anyway we are a single switch single AC cartridge family!
The 3DS one was the same, and it lead to an awful lot of fun - from burying helpful tools around the town and posting a shovel to the youngest to that time my wife was woken by me screaming "Who cut down all my %$%&ing peach trees???" - but we don't talk about the 4th child we definitely never had who doesn't live in a lean-to behind the shed now.
17-03-2020, 14:55   #15
Satturnfalls

Im probably going to pick this up. Just for something relaxing to play.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion