Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Access coming to PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm thinking of installing Live 19 again. Playing 2k20 a bit lately and even though it's got ton of features, I'm finding the games get a bit boring. I find Live 18 & 19 more physical and solid, more fun to play, especially the street ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's not downloadable via the App (gives the option but doesn't do anything), nor is it in The Vault, but you can download it directly from the store.

And oh my god it's slow to download! Gonna take 6 hours to download 35Gb according to this. Downloaded Greedfall the other night (26Gb) in just above an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's not downloadable via the App (gives the option but doesn't do anything), nor is it in The Vault, but you can download it directly from the store.

And oh my god it's slow to download! Gonna take 6 hours to download 35Gb according to this. Downloaded Greedfall the other night (26Gb) in just above an hour.

Games can be hella slow on PSN sometimes :(

If you aren't using the console, put it into rest mode. I think you know yourself, but this is always the fastest way for a game to be downloaded!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I enjoy the NFS games to a certain extent but can’t help think the whole open world thing has been done to death.

I’d would love to see an arcade racer that was just more simple. Give me a level complete it move on.

Ridge racer for example was like this. God I miss Ridge racer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I enjoy the NFS games to a certain extent but can’t help think the whole open world thing has been done to death.

I’d would love to see an arcade racer that was just more simple. Give me a level complete it move on.

Ridge racer for example was like this. God I miss Ridge racer.

Fully agree. Really can't get into any of the recent NFS. Loved ridge racer on psone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Fully agree. Really can't get into any of the recent NFS. Loved ridge racer on psone

It just feels like they’re over complicating it.

Maybe they feel they need to do it to justify that there’s enough content or something.

Maybe I’m too old and it’s more geared towards a 15 year who loves fast and the furious.

Either way bring back ridge racer. ****ing great games. Even the last one (that I’m aware of) on Xbox 360 was fantastic in comparison to these new style arcade racers even though it reviewed poorly.

Think that's i loved underground 1 so much, races were fast.... and furious (sorry) and then into the next. There's too much map checking looking for races and trying to find one that is your level. I usually do 2 races and turn it off because i spend more time looking for races than actually racing.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Think that's i loved underground 1 so much, races were fast.... and furious (sorry) and then into the next. There's too much map checking looking for races and trying to find one that is your level. I usually do 2 races and turn it off because i spend more time looking for races than actually racing.

Summed up the problem with them well. It's a racing game. I want to race! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tried Heat the last night and had it off again within 90 minutes. It’s just so bland, and the gameplay isn’t fun at all to me. It just made me want to dig out the PSP and have a go at Midnight Club 3 again.

Access is great though because I might’ve easily wasted €15-20 on Heat in a sale, so being able to try it out is very handy.

• Advertisement

Yeah, open worlds in racing are not much fun, and it's done to encourage people to be social, and spend money on tat to make your avatar more cool/woke (in Heat anyway - you can now wear Covid masks! I do, because it covers their stupid faces).

As ye said, bring back the race system without the open world crap, or have the ability to just go race by race and leave the open world for those that want it. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to start a race by clicking on the icon and pressing go. The Crew allowed this, pick the race, and it puts you outside the starting area.

But again, they need to remove hyper/super cars imo.

So EA Access has now been rebranded on PS4 as EA Play, and it hasn't worked since. Keeps directing to a web link, which when you go to tells you it doesn't exist and the help page is terrible (in an obvious deliberate way to get you to give up and forget about the problem). Had a Google and nothing new added to it anyway. You'd think they'd add something for the rebranding.

... You'd think they'd add something for the rebranding.

Yeah like that ****ing Star Wars game!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The Pro version looks good though (EA Play Pro) - unlimited play of the deluxe version of newer titles as they get released for €100 a year. Assuming that means being able to play FIFA, NBA, Madden and NHL as well as Star Wars Squadrons all for that one price then thats pretty decent for anyone who would buy one of the sports games already every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Axwell wrote: »
    The Pro version looks good though (EA Play Pro) - unlimited play of the deluxe version of newer titles as they get released for €100 a year. Assuming that means being able to play FIFA, NBA, Madden and NHL as well as Star Wars Squadrons all for that one price then thats pretty decent for anyone who would buy one of the sports games already every year.

I wonder if EA Play Pro is just for the listed games I can see on the various press releases - Madden, Fifa, Star Wars

I don't see any mention of UFC, if had even UFC and Fifa then it's instantly worth it for me

Isn't Pro just for Origin which is PC only?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Isn't Pro just for Origin which is PC only?

Seems it is PC only, its Origin Access Premier rebranded. So thats kinda lame!

Yeah like that ****ing Star Wars game!

My friend got an Xbox series x today and saw star wars fallen order is now on EA Play. Anyone know of ps4 got ot as well?

My friend got an Xbox series x today and saw star wars fallen order is now on EA Play. Anyone know of ps4 got ot as well?

Just checked ps app, yep, it's on ea play now!

Just checked ps app, yep, it's on ea play now!

Another game lined up for ps5 for me :)

• Advertisement

Sweet! Finally get to try this, and will prevent me from trying Valhalla before the 5 comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

One of my favourite games of the last couple of years. You'll love it.

I've been waiting for it to drop in price a decent bit, because the (albeit small) comparisons to it and the Dark Souls games stopped me from spending anything more than €20 in case I didn't like it. Good to be able to try it now and not have to spend anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I've been waiting for it to drop in price a decent bit, because the (albeit small) comparisons to it and the Dark Souls games stopped me from spending anything more than €20 in case I didn't like it. Good to be able to try it now and not have to spend anything.

You're in for a treat. I don't like Souls games and have been told (probably condescendingly) that it's Souls-lite but I really enjoyed it. Fun combat system (albeit the first boss is outrageously tough), lightsabers (!) and a good story Star Wars story. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Is EA Play available for PS5?

When you select join on their website you need to choose a platform and PS4 is the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

When you select join on their website you need to choose a platform and PS4 is the only option.

Pretty sure none of the games on EA Access has PS5 versions of the game available so it should all be ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

There’s no app on the console but you can download the games from the store by searching for them.

Pretty sure none of the games on EA Access has PS5 versions of the game available so it should all be ps4?

Does the 10 hr trial versions of Madden and Fifa have ps5 versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Does the 10 hr trial versions of Madden and Fifa have ps5 versions?

I just searched the store on the PS5 and there’s a 10 hour trail for Madden there, didn’t check FIFA. I’d presume these are the PS5 versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Anyone know when fifa 21 will be free on EA access? I assume it will be summer at least?

Advertisement