Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

Aisling, that chocolate website is fab! Got my mam a flower bouquet subscription for 12 months for her birthday last year. It's ending soon so I think I might go for the chocolate bar one this year :D

Heard some fairly crap news today...parents waiting eagerly for their appointments since registering....now confirmed the area they live in has been an issue IT wise due to Eircodes in their location. It's affecting 8 surrounding areas. Am so disappointed for them. Hoping against hope it will be sorted soon!

On a positive note, I made oreo cheesecake today and it's delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

AlanWeb wrote: »
    I read this forum thread and can't understand what it's about?

It's meant to be a general Christmas chat but it's not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Chat threads are usually off topic threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭DvB

It's meant to be a general Christmas chat but it's not anymore.

Ah we generally come back around to Christmas chat after a few tangents are explored.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's a chat thread in the Christmas forum.
    Not to be confused with a thread for Christmas chat.

Hope that clears things up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

It's about whatever you feel like posting about. However don't be surprised to see regular references to a big guy with a white beard, snow, tinsel, fake v real (trees not the other thing :P) etc......

It's Friday, woop. :D That was a looong week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

When you get to know us you'll love us but you'll never understand us :D

Caranica wrote: »
    I'm in the next decade due to be able to register but who knows when that will open. Reading that Astra Zeneca and J&J will be opened up to 35+. I'd love the J&J one dose vaccine but of all the vaccines out there the one I least want is AZ as it's 12 weeks between doses (Pfizer and Moderna are 4 weeks).

Been a big week for me, I'll share when I can ;)

I'm getting mine on Monday - the Pfizer one. People who receive the AZ are classed as fully vaccinated 4 weeks after the first dose - the second is a booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Posy wrote: »
    It's Friday, woop. :D That was a looong week!

Honest to God, it really was! But roll on tomorrow cos I'm getting my hurr done :D:D:D

In other news, if anyone is looking for books for little ones, I highly recommend Genius Juniors on Insta (https://www.instagram.com/genijunis/?hl=en). They do really lovely children's books and all the profits go to Temple Street and Crumlin :)

• Advertisement

Ah look, those books are so cute!!
    I'll send the link to anyone I know with smallies. :)
    Cork Lass wrote: »
    People who receive the AZ are classed as fully vaccinated 4 weeks after the first dose - the second is a booster.
    Really?! I never knew that! :o

Its my wedding anniversary today... 11 happy years with the wonderful Mrs... will be doing some kind of home celebration this weekend, though this head cold isn't making it easy (not covid btw, was tested & came back negative)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs DvB!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Its my wedding anniversary today... 11 happy years with the wonderful Mrs... will be doing some kind of home celebration this weekend, though this head cold isn't making it easy (not covid btw, was tested & came back negative)

Con'grats. A good excuse to treat yourself over the weekend :D

Happy anniversary, DvB! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm getting mine on Monday - the Pfizer one. People who receive the AZ are classed as fully vaccinated 4 weeks after the first dose - the second is a booster.

Not according to the MHQ exemption list issued by the government. You have to have completed the full course, unless you have had Covid in the past six months

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy anniversary :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When you get to know us you'll love us but you'll never understand us :D

I love this. This is definitely the tag line for us here haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Happy Anniversary to the both of you, best wishes.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! :)

I've no idea what on earth the weather is trying to do. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! :)

I've no idea what on earth the weather is trying to do. :rolleyes:

Had my 2nd vaccine a couple of hours ago and hubby is just gone to get his 1st so a good weekend here :)

Weather is unreal! I don't mind a lazy day now and again so the rain doesn't bother me :D

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

Happy Anniversary DvB!

Weather is grand so far but there's a warning for thunderstorms in the area so have snacks and Netflix ready and waiting :)

That's great news Jellybear! According to RTE news Ireland is on track to vaccinating 80% of adults with 1 dose by 03rd July. Really uplifting and positive news!

I wish it would just make up it's mind at this stage, and stop just threatening to rain!
    jellybear wrote: »
    Had my 2nd vaccine a couple of hours ago and hubby is just gone to get his 1st so a good weekend here
    That's good to hear, jelly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,294 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Due to be released later in 2021.
    186508020_2943086512680617_3859384077512060536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7DN_89slVYEAX99JWxG&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=f91c97fe19d5536bbd820079851e973f&oe=60C498EB

I wonder if they'll be available here? Didnt see their other christmas varieties last year make an appearance over here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,294 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wonder if they'll be available here? Didnt see their other christmas varieties last year make an appearance over here at all.

I saw both the Christmas pudding and gingerbread ones here.

Just had a roast dinner, and I'm slipping into a blissful food coma. I think I missed out on the festive digestives, either I just didn't see any or they were out of stock. I definitely heard discussions at work though, the general consensus there was they prefer the normal digestive.

Yeah, I like the idea of them, but they sound gross, tbh! :pac:

I like mince pies and I like digestives but that combination sounds awful.

• Advertisement

I saw both the Christmas pudding and gingerbread ones here.

I actively went looking for them and didn't see them anywhere. Was looking out of curiosity rather than any expectation of them being a must have though.

Advertisement