Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Ireland - Apple CarPlay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

From a dealers point of view...The only information is that the update is confirmed for some point in September. After seeing the post about Spain & Italy i've had a quick look on the technical information site, no updated bulletins or software updates in the last couple of days, but i do know these are released on a country by country basis.

I do know its going to be available on all Corolla Models MY19 and Some Rav4 (Sol spec upwards is my understanding)

Ill post up here once the update has been confirmed country wide.
    All though it seems easy for me to do (no Sat nav model) I think I will wait. I have more come back in case anything goes wrong when they install it. As long as they dont take the piss with the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

I was picking a service kit up in Toyota Liffey Valley last week and I enquired about Android auto for herselfs 2016 Auris (with nav) and the guy told me to give them a call in 4 to 5 weeks. Now he didn't tell me outright that it would be available, but they would know more then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Beltby wrote: »
    I was picking a service kit up in Toyota Liffey Valley last week and I enquired about Android auto for herselfs 2016 Auris (with nav) and the guy told me to give them a call in 4 to 5 weeks. Now he didn't tell me outright that it would be available, but they would know more then.

100% not available, Only vehicles where retro fit will be available are New Generation Corolla & Rav4

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

I was talking to the lad win Liffey Valley yesterday and they said September is what they have been told but they’ve heard that before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

I took the plunge and updated my non nav 192 corolla hatch. It took ages.... I would say 45mins to an hour and rebooted several times I would say close to 10. One part it got stuck at 50% but after 5-10 mins it progressed, I was getting worried at that stage! I kept the ignition on at all times and didn't leave the car. Looks very nice. Will have a play around with Android Auto later after my nerves have calmed down :D

illumin wrote: »
    I took the plunge and updated my non nav 192 corolla hatch. It took ages.... I would say 45mins to an hour and rebooted several times I would say close to 10. One part it got stuck at 50% but after 5-10 mins it progressed, I was getting worried at that stage! I kept the ignition on at all times and didn't leave the car. Looks very nice. Will have a play around with Android Auto later after my nerves have calmed down :D
    i would love to do the same thing but too nervous & the garage know me so it would be awkward when i go in & i have android auto in it & asked 20,000 questions then. U only used usb 3 then. The one with the sat nav go is the problem i think, if u have no sat nav you are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Well done! Brave man - Gonna give it a go myself over the weekend. You've given me the confidence and saved me a massive heart attack if mine stalls like yours did lol. Thanks again for taking the plunge.
    Did you do USB 2 first and then SUB 3?

The Falcon wrote: »
    Well done! Brave man - Gonna give it a go myself over the weekend. You've given me the confidence and saved me a massive heart attack if mine stalls like yours did lol. Thanks again for taking the plunge.
    Did you do USB 2 first and then SUB 3?

Mine is the non satnav version so I only used the usb3 file. Extracted it to the root of a fat32 formatted usb key. I've seen on other forums people with a satnav have had problems so I would advise against upgrading if you do have the satnav radio.

Mine is the non satnav version so I only used the usb3 file. Extracted it to the root of a fat32 formatted usb key. I've seen on other forums people with a satnav have had problems so I would advise against upgrading if you do have the satnav radio.

ya loads of people with satnav go were having problems were you reading the spanish forum ??

• Advertisement

You're a braver man than I! Fair play. My car has nav on it though and I'm part luddite so maybe won't try it myself.

ya loads of people with satnav go were having problems were you reading the spanish forum ??

Yeah I was, that would put me off upgrading. Hopefully for satnav people Toyota Ireland will release an upgrade plan soon.

Yeah I was, that would put me off upgrading. Hopefully for satnav people Toyota Ireland will release an upgrade plan soon.
    ya u saw the one with the suposedly 2000e quote for replacement.:eek::eek:.

They might, one thing for sure is that theri communication about it will be god awful. You'll always have the satisfaction of knowing when you turn it on that it came for free though!

You're a braver man than I! Fair play. My car has nav on it though and I'm part luddite so maybe won't try it myself.
    dont your are better of not,2 many probs on the forum from people with it. Not worth the hassle.

no effn way?! Where'd you see that?

• Advertisement

no effn way?! Where'd you see that?

ya illumin might have seen it as well. it was translated anyway but what ever they did the fecked the radio & was given that quote for a fix and replacement.i dont know if they finally got it to work again without the need to replace it & pay that much.

ya illumin might have seen it as well. it was translated anyway but what ever they did the fecked the radio & was given that quote for a fix and replacement.i dont know if they finally got it to work again without the need to replace it & pay that much.

Oh right! phew! I thought they were quoted 2k for the upgrade only

Total extortion! That would put me right off upgrading if i had the nav version.

Total extortion! That would put me right off upgrading if i had the nav version.

thats what nearly threw me off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Well how's it behaving? Any photos of it in operation?

• Advertisement

There have been reports from across Europe that this update has bricked some radio units.

The files that were leaked were not final and complete, I would be advising people to hold off the extra couple of weeks until it comes via the official channels.

There have been reports from across Europe that this update has bricked some radio units.

The files that were leaked were not final and complete, I would be advising people to hold off the extra couple of weeks until it comes via the official channels.

Agreed, I definitely am waiting anyway since my car has nav.

Looks like Toyota are on to it.....pity they aren't so smart with the actual update

Lot of stuff on the official Toyota UK blog about update being released in October.

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/how-to-use-apple-carplay-in-your-toyota

It's in the comments section at the bottom of the article.

In fairness to Toyota UK they responded to every query in the comments section, Toyota Ireland? crickets and tumbleweed

Lot of stuff on the official Toyota UK blog about update being released in October.

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/how-to-use-apple-carplay-in-your-toyota

It's in the comments section at the bottom of the article.

In fairness to Toyota UK they responded to every query in the comments section, Toyota Ireland? crickets and tumbleweed

but then its toyota ireland what do u expect

but then its toyota ireland what do u expect

I've been trying to get an answer from Toyota Ireland on this topic since March this year - Emails, phone calls and even tried Twitter. Zero response. In fairness to Tagh Riordan, they did reply saying 'it was defenitely in the pipeline' but said it was really up Toyota Ireland. Frustrating to say the least and does not inspire confidence in the brand in Ireland. The usual cowboy attitude - "We have your money now f#!k off!"

Anybody heard anything further about this?

Training is in progress this week, I would say everyone should be up and running by Monday.

• Advertisement

Training is in progress this week, I would say everyone should be up and running by Monday.

good i thought it might be gone to ground again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This is comical. You’d swear they were trying to activate invisibility cloak or something.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This is comical. You’d swear they were trying to activate invisibility cloak or something.

Do u have one of them could be very handy for around the number plate or wearing it while driving :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do u have one of them could be very handy for around the number plate or wearing it while driving :D:D
    Should have it by Q1 2021

Upgrade installed today. Free of charge too!!

which province are you ?? munster,leinster ??? i am due a service soon might ask

which province are you ?? munster,leinster ??? i am due a service soon might ask

Leinster.

Leinster.

Hopefully its made its way down to the rest of the country so.

I’d imagine so, I’m in Westmeath so I wouldn’t have thought there’s anything special about us! Laughable thing is that Toyota Ireland aren’t promoting the fact that you can upgrade?!

• Advertisement

I’d imagine so, I’m in Westmeath so I wouldn’t have thought there’s anything special about us! Laughable thing is that Toyota Ireland aren’t promoting the fact that you can upgrade?!

i presumed u were dublin and anything past the m50 they usually dont give a feck about :D:D:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Hi

My sister has a 201 CHR hybrid. CarPlay has been working fine but this week it won’t connect via USB. A message appears on the car screen “Device no response”. I thought maybe it was an iOS 14 issue but the same happens with an android phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

worth the wait anyway, CarPlay is brilliant. Surely the death of in built Sat Navs in cars though?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They might be embarrassed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GFitz84

Hi, can I ask what dealership the update was completed in please? Been trying to get a response from Toyota Ireland, but seems this is near impossible. Will call dealer tomorrow but would be useful to know where you had yours done. Thanks!

GFitz84 wrote: »
    Hi, can I ask what dealership the update was completed in please? Been trying to get a response from Toyota Ireland, but seems this is near impossible. Will call dealer tomorrow but would be useful to know where you had yours done. Thanks!
    i asked my car dealer here in munster and they knew about it. it takes around 2 hrs they said. i booked mine before xmas but am only getting an appointment now. covid can be having an effect on place as well.

• Advertisement

lads is this all the apps that showing up in my one how do i add other apps like ones supported whatsapp and spotifiy
    538880.jpg

lads is this all the apps that showing up in my one how do i add other apps like ones supported whatsapp and spotifiy
    538880.jpg

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.imore.com/how-rearrange-and-delete-apps-carplay%3famp?espv=1
    Only got Carplay installed yesterday so still a novice - still experimenting myself. Hope this helps. Loads of tips on youtube.

The Falcon wrote: »
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.imore.com/how-rearrange-and-delete-apps-carplay%3famp?espv=1
    Only got Carplay installed yesterday so still a novice - still experimenting myself. Hope this helps

:D:D:D:D y/day as well but i am android though. see can i reset it i didnt grant it some permissions might work better then.

It seems to be apple Car play is better than Android auto

It seems to be apple Car play is better than Android auto

Agreed Carplay better than Android and opinions on Google say the same. I'm Android also and totally unimpressed so far. Tried Carplay with my old iPhone (running IOS 14) and very impressed. I'm going to persist with Android though till I crack it or it cracks me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement