Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TAMS II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Sami23

Sorry everyone for all the questions but just looking at the reference costs for slatted tanks and see figures for excavation, floor, walls, backfilling etc.
    Are all these included in the tank coatings excel sheet or do I have to do them separately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

Sami23 wrote: »
    Sorry everyone for all the questions but just looking at the reference costs for slatted tanks and see figures for excavation, floor, walls, backfilling etc.
    Are all these included in the tank coatings excel sheet or do I have to do them separately ?

You can ignore those - the costs are factored into the tank costing excel sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

let me get this straight so

when we submit invoices for payment claim, they will only add up the net (vat exclusive) amounts when comparing to the approved figure

I believe so. They specifically say that the net value has to be calculated on the invoice. This makes sense as they give you 60% of the net as the grant and you claim for the VAT back separately. In total you'll get 65-70% of the shed paid for between grant and VAT. That's my interpretation of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I believe so. They specifically say that the net value has to be calculated on the invoice. This makes sense as they give you 60% of the net as the grant and you claim for the VAT back separately. In total you'll get 65-70% of the shed paid for between grant and VAT. That's my interpretation of it anyway.

only if your lucky enough to be under 40;)

only if your lucky enough to be under 40;)

lol, I do appreciate it mind you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

under 40 and less than 5 years farming drives me mental I'm missing out on the 60% grant and that I also missed installation aid...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Dozer1 wrote: »
    under 40 and less than 5 years farming drives me mental I'm missing out on the 60% grant and that I also missed installation aid...

getting old is a bastard, mind you it has some perks

Just another quick one. When giving internal measurements for slatted area do you measure from the inside of the girder or measure from internal face of proposed wall as this would be smaller on narrow side of girder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭dungfly

If you got planning permission you shouldn't need to draw a farmyard sketch
    - you should be able to use the site layout submitted for PP. It has to be at a scale of 1/500 or won't be accepted. Drawings of shed to be at 1/100 or 1/200.
    A lot of drawings which were used to obtain planning are being returned by the dept of ag as not having enough details.

What kind of detail do they require from the drawings. From the TAMS frequently asked questions they appear to just show the external dimensions (length x breath).

I have measured all my buildings (L xB). How do I make s scaled drawing?

dungfly wrote: »
    What kind of detail do they require from the drawings. From the TAMS frequently asked questions they appear to just show the external dimensions (length x breath).

I think it is the internal dimensions of all animal housing you need to show on buildings and slatted tank drawings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

dungfly wrote: »

Ok you convert all your measurements to mm and divide by 500, thats the size they must be on your sheet. Have you obtained PP for your proposed shed? It should already be done if you have. I can PM you an example of drawings if you want them

Ok you convert all your measurements to mm and divide by 500, thats the size they must be on your sheet. Have you obtained PP for your proposed shed? It should already be done if you have. I can PM you an example of drawings if you want them

Just on that are the drawings and site layout map used for planning good enough to submit for the Tams application or would they need to be modified as in taking out the FFL's etc. Also would more detail need to be added to the drawings for buildings ?
    If you wouldn't mind PM me an example of acceptable drawings for Tams it would be very much appreciated.

So eventually I got my application submitted last week before the deadline. Just wondering how long will it be before I hear anything from the dept. about it ?
    How long did it take for those of you further down the line than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

Sami23 wrote: »
    So eventually I got my application submitted last week before the deadline. Just wondering how long will it be before I hear anything from the dept. about it ?
    How long did it take for those of you further down the line than me.

I applied in the first tranche in sept 15. Got approved in aug 16.
    They blamed the computer system for the delay !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 topaha

Applied by March 25th this year. Got approval in Mid-July.

topaha wrote: »

That was good enough.
    I'd b happy just to have it by next spring and have the shed ready for next winter.

Was yours a slatted shed too or something else and had you any correspondence from them during that time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

That sounds reasonable, I applied in the June tranche and have heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 topaha

slatted shed, nothing out of the ordinary.

Had no correspondence with them until the approval letter arrived. No queries nor RFI's or anything. I had heard all the horror stories of people waiting for so long to get approval so i can't really complain.

Where are you based? It would worth contacting someone in the department near you to ask a few questions once you've it sent in.

slatted shed, nothing out of the ordinary.

Had no correspondence with them until the approval letter arrived. No queries nor RFI's or anything. I had heard all the horror stories of people waiting for so long to get approval so i can't really complain.

Where are you based? It would worth contacting someone in the department near you to ask a few questions once you've it sent in.

Galway

Timmaay wrote: »

That sounds reasonable, I applied in the June tranche and have heard nothing yet.

Likewise applied in June tranche and no word yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 MasFer

Trying to submit a TAMS11 application for a Slatted Shed.

On costs, do the proposed costs I enter in the online application include or exclude VAT?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭White Clover

MasFer wrote: »
    Trying to submit a TAMS11 application for a Slatted Shed.

On costs, do the proposed costs I enter in the online application include or exclude VAT?

Thanks

That'd be ex VAT

Exclude as I recall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Anyone know in the Tams application, must planning permission be approved before you apply? Or must you just have applied for permission? Or can you apply for tams before planning permission is ever applied? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    Anyone know in the Tams application, must planning permission be approved before you apply? Or must you just have applied for permission? Or can you apply for tams before planning permission is ever applied? Thanks

Need to be planning approved- plans need to be stamped by the council before they are submitted and grant of permission and conditions also need to be included.

Anyone submit a claim yet for a shed? If so, how did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Freejin

Anyone submit a claim yet for a shed? If so, how did you get on?

Just submitted my claim today ( fingers crossed its all in order). Anybody have experience of claims, what kind of time frame before they call out and inspect etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭valtra2

Still trying to put in a claim. Can I say the ppl working in the dep of ag are either really good at saving money for the department or just really fxxxing usless. Never again will I ever go for a grant.

valtra2 wrote: »
    Still trying to put in a claim. Can I say the ppl working in the dep of ag are either really good at saving money for the department or just really fxxxing usless. Never again will I ever go for a grant.

Ya mind explaining more ha? You were refused a claim on something you had approval for? And if so why not?

Just got approval here to start work on one of the applications I put on last dec, I'll admit right at the minute I'm unsure I'll even go ahead with it. Still waiting for approval for a slatted tank and shed extension, that went in on Dec also, but I assume the planning slows down that approval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

I have planning gone in to include a new slatted unit (3 bay with creep), loose house and a general storage area. You can see from the attached plan that they are all just sections of the one building really.
    I am going to apply for the grant for the slatted shed and the loose house. What I am wondering is how will it work out in terms of splitting up what falls under the grant and what doesn't.

For example:

- The wall that divides the loose house and the Tool/Storage areas....can this be claimed, half of it, none of it etc.
    - I plan on concreting more than would be claimable outside the slatted shed and in front of the loose house so in general I suppose would i need to somehow have invoices/receipts for just the areas that fall under the grant or could I just work out how much would apply to the 'grant areas' and claim for that while submitting an invoice/receipt for a greater amount?

I know that this is a fairly specific situation but maybe someone here has gone through something similar and can offer some advice.
    don't plan on starting to build until next year anyway and that's assuming I get planning, grant and can arrange finance. If not then I'll stick with what i have!
    Shed Plan1.pdf

I think there's a 'common wall' value that you use for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

I was thinking of putting up a new slatted shed (4 bay) with a lie back area on the bottom half of our yard is it likely that I would get the tams grant for it as the yard is not on the maps but is beside my house instead. It would be handy for checking cattle calving during the night and also I only rent land so at least the shed will always be there for me if I ever lose the land. I qualify for the tams grant (I am a young trained farmer) but dont want to go to the hassle of getting planning and then find out I cant get the grant for the shed just because where I want to build it isnt on my area aid map? Any opinions on it are welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

Can you get a grant for a meal bin only under the tams 11 scheme gone by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

razor8 wrote: »
    Can you get a grant for a meal bin only under the tams 11 scheme gone by?

If You are a dairy farmer yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

Only a poor sheep farmer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Where is the application form for tams 2 for sheep fencing. I can see all the terms and conditions sheets but not the application form

Cavanjack wrote: »
    If You are a dairy farmer yes.

And only if you are buying a full parlour meal feeding system at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Want to build a new holding pen and cattle crush, but have a lot of the crush pipe myself and a few other things. Can one apply for TAMS aid for certain individual things like a crush wall, gates and concrete floor? Or does it have to be for the complete crush / structure itself? A crush had been referenced in earlier documentation I read as far as I remember, but it necessitated also putting in an effluent tank somewhere near one end, which I don't want to do as it wouldn't be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,291 ✭✭✭tanko

Anyone know if the replacement of slats is grant aided under the current TAMS scheme for sheds with internal agitation points??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

tanko wrote: »
    Anyone know if the replacement of slats is grant aided under the current TAMS scheme for sheds with internal agitation points??
    All agitation points have to be outside with all tams jobs. Way around it could be to remove roof over the points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mickey1985

Lads do you know if you have the be a certain distance away from a slatted tank for to get the dairy equipment grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭jfh

Not when I applied few years ago

Not with internal agi points. There is a grant to extend the tank outside the shed alright

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sandman30

sea12 wrote: »
    Where is the application form for tams 2 for sheep fencing. I can see all the terms and conditions sheets but not the application form

It is in the AWNS (Animal welfare and nutrient storage section)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

jfh wrote: »
    Not when I applied few years ago

It there aid to replace slates when agitation points are outside??

Will TAMs be finished 2020?

MeTheMan wrote: »
    It there aid to replace slates when agitation points are outside??

Will TAMs be finished 2020?
    Yep there is. Did it in 2017. Did a good whack of the work myself bar placing the slats and most of the reference cast was gone with the slats

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Yep there is. Did it in 2017. Did a good whack of the work myself bar placing the slats and most of the reference cast was gone with the slats

What slats did ya go with? We are looking at replacing timber slats with the plastic ones.

MeTheMan wrote: »
    What slats did ya go with? We are looking at replacing timber slats with the plastic ones.
    Was concrete cattle slats, went with Fogarty/campions

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Aravo

Are meal bins now included for everyone for tams 2.
    Also can a grant be got for resurfacing with concrete a general yard area or does it have to be an animal collection area or a silage slab etc. The current concrete is old and needs to be redone.

Aravo wrote: »
    Are meal bins now included for everyone for tams 2.
    Also can a grant be got for resurfacing with concrete a general yard area or does it have to be an animal collection area or a silage slab etc. The current concrete is old and needs to be redone.

Grant is available on a Meal bin. Yard I don’t think so. Silage pit yes

• Advertisement
Advertisement