Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TAMS II

• 15-05-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

Great news on the opening of TAMS II for young farmers yesterday.
    Just wondering do you need to get planning permission for a slatted shed no matter where it is located on your farm or is it just if you are building near the roadside.
    Say if you are intending to build behind and existing shed will you be ok without it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Sami23 wrote: »
    Great news on the opening of TAMS II for young farmers yesterday.
    Just wondering do you need to get planning permission for a slatted shed no matter where it is located on your farm or is it just if you are building near the roadside.
    Say if you are intending to build behind and existing shed will you be ok without it ?

Reading the article on agri land everything under grant needs PP aswell as architects drawing of your yard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Reading the article on agri land everything under grant needs PP aswell as architects drawing of your yard

That's really going to take the cost savings out of a lot of sheds the planning costs for some councils are crazy money

jaymla627 wrote: »
    That's really going to take the cost savings out of a lot of sheds the planning costs for some councils are crazy money

Mate got Pp fir 20 unit parlour and drafting area lagoon and area for 200 cubicles to go onto it. 500e I think he said. Works out v expensive alright if he was putting up a roof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ihatewinter

Anyone know what date it is opening on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭MfMan

Any other scheme available if you don't qualify by age? I'm err... too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

Just had a quick read of the planning permission section of it there. Planning permission or a declaration of exemption from the planning authority will be required.

Exemption conditions are explained in this:

http://www.teagasc.ie/advisory/farm_management/buildings/planning_permission/PlanningRequirementsforFarmBuildingDevelopment.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭leoch

i wonder would it cover an extension to an existing shed to house a fixed cattle shoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Anyone know what date it is opening on

28th May

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Lads I just see the info about TAMS II ...60%...Im thinking i might have just missed out on getting this because of when i got my herd number....

The Scheme is open to farmers who:
    (i) are more than 18 years and not more than 40 years of age .....FINE
    (ii) Meet the requirements of set-up for the first time within five years of the date of receipt of an application under this Scheme; - I started farming in 2010 (but got my herd No in DEC 09)...does this mean im outside this requirement DO YOU THINK???

(iii) own or have leasehold .....FINE

(iv) have a minimum of 5 hectares ...FINE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Pity there is nothing for the upgrade of land drainage, farm roadways, fencing and water distribution around paddocks . You can spend all the money in the world on concrete and steel but I thought our competitive advantage was our grass. Goes to show the importance of agriculture to the construction sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Have they released what spec the buildings must be built to, tank wall widths, RSJ size etc?

Have they released what spec the buildings must be built to, tank wall widths, RSJ size etc?

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/farmbuildings/farmbuildingandstructuresspecificationspdfformat/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Once your grant is accepted how long before you have to go ahead?? Ie if I want to look for a new parlour when do I have to build? Actually will just be a new plant in existing building but yea how long I got?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ODUBHLAOICH

If it opens in May and closes in August, is it possible to get planning permission that quickly? my reading led me to believe you need it by the deadline at the end of August. I was under the impression PP can take a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

I was hoping to upgrade my tank out of this scheme but I see now ya either have to but a dribble bar or injections system with the tank, heard the price for injection system yesterday and he's getting back to me with dribble bar price but it's looking too dear as is already, anyone here use the dribble bar regularly? Ya reckon it's worth the extra few bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭westlander

Does anyone know how you can sign up?

From reading the T&Cs you have to go to the agfood website here:
    https://agfood.agriculture.gov.ie/ssoauthagfood/individual.jsp

Doesn't look like the option is there yet to actually submit an onlineapplication even if you are able to log into agfoods page..

westlander wrote: »
    Does anyone know how you can sign up?

From reading the T&Cs you have to go to the agfood website here:
    https://agfood.agriculture.gov.ie/ssoauthagfood/individual.jsp

Doesn't look like the option is there yet to actually submit an onlineapplication even if you are able to log into agfoods page..

Probably will be an option from tomorrow on as that's the opening date

A couple of weeks ago...when submitting my single farm payment... I seen an application for a young/old trained farmer...

All I had to do was just click on the apply button (and specify which farm related course I have...ie farm management)...I uploaded a scan of my cert from teagasc on the same page....

Not sure if that's all there is too do, but their was that one anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

simx wrote: »
    I was hoping to upgrade my tank out of this scheme but I see now ya either have to but a dribble bar or injections system with the tank, heard the price for injection system yesterday and he's getting back to me with dribble bar price but it's looking too dear as is already, anyone here use the dribble bar regularly? Ya reckon it's worth the extra few bob?

The way regs are coming in for spraying etc, don't you know it's only a matter of time before the splash plate will be not allowed and dribble and injection systems will be compulsory.

Muckit wrote: »
    The way regs are coming in for spraying etc, don't you know it's only a matter of time before the splash plate will be not allowed and dribble and injection systems will be compulsory.

Oh I know, have to do the spraying course too, anyone have a rough guide price for a dribble bar?

Oh I know, have to do the spraying course too, anyone have a rough guide price for a dribble bar?

I thought that course is only for those who spray stuff to make a living.(contractor).. not a Joe bloggers farmer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

Looked a one a few years ago with a neighbour. The bar it's self inst that expensive but unless your spreading very watery slurry or pig slurry then it's not ideal retro fitting them as they can block. Like the trailing shoe most are fitted on tankers that use a chopper in the pump to breakup any lumps in the slurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭agriman27

MikeSoys wrote: »
    Lads I just see the info about TAMS II ...60%...Im thinking i might have just missed out on getting this because of when i got my herd number....

The Scheme is open to farmers who:
    (i) are more than 18 years and not more than 40 years of age .....FINE
    (ii) Meet the requirements of set-up for the first time within five years of the date of receipt of an application under this Scheme; - I started farming in 2010 (but got my herd No in DEC 09)...does this mean im outside this requirement DO YOU THINK???

(iii) own or have leasehold .....FINE

(iv) have a minimum of 5 hectares ...FINE

I'd be in a similar position to you, I got my herd number in January 2010 this will still be outside the five years before the application date rule. I wonder how strict they will be this rule. Surely they could have at least published that any young farmers getting the top up would be eligible. The introduction of all these schemes always manage to baffle a percentage of hopeful entrants, all for the want of a little common sense.

yellow50HX wrote: »
    Looked a one a few years ago with a neighbour. The bar it's self inst that expensive but unless your spreading very watery slurry or pig slurry then it's not ideal retro fitting them as they can block. Like the trailing shoe most are fitted on tankers that use a chopper in the pump to breakup any lumps in the slurry.

I spent a season spreading with one for a lad, broke my heart blocking, yeah would have one tank would generally be watery enough and pig farm half a mile away, do you remember what kind of figure?

I rang them a while ago...I won't be getting the 60% or the 40%...As I got my heard no when I did ..and I earned a couple of grand more then celling income so...I won't be getting any grant ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

sorry to hear this but there is no mention of a ceiling income in any of the conditions for the grant application for the shed or am I missing something? or perhaps you are referring to the national reserve?
    I rang them a while ago...I won't be getting the 60% or the 40%...As I got my heard no when I did ..and I earned a couple of grand more then celling income so...I won't be getting any grant ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i also thought that the second round of applications would be for the 40% and there would be no limitations in terms of age or length farming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

As viz said, that doesn't sound right. the only income limit was for the national reserve.

Hi
    I read it ...its also outlined below
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/maximum-flexibility-given-on-income-limits-for-national-reserve-minister/

... it says national reserve alright guys..but are u thinking I might be able to get a 40% grant for a slat shed?... I can find loads about the 60% grant conditions which seem clear but I'm not so sure now on the 40% grant terms and conditions....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Muckit wrote: »

Good point Muckit, I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm open to correction by people better up on the environment but my understanding is in order to reduce our national carbon footprint the initial suggestions to Ireland included reducing LU of cattle in particular. Of course we argued no way but in order to continue with that argument we have to farm in as environmentally friendly fashion as possible i.e. reduce and ultimately ban practices such as spreading slurry with a splash plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Hi
    I read it ...its also outlined below
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/maximum-flexibility-given-on-income-limits-for-national-reserve-minister/

... it says national reserve alright guys..but are u thinking I might be able to get a 40% grant for a slat shed?... I can find loads about the 60% grant conditions which seem clear but I'm not so sure now on the 40% grant terms and conditions....

I think you should put in a BPS application anyway as you might get 0% this year, something like 10% next year moving up to a set % of the average entitlement by year 5. Not sure on this because it doesn't apply to me but I'd advise getting the application in anyway online tonight by midnight. Regardless of the 0% you get you might need to have applied to get other grants? Also even if you get 0% you might be entitled to the ANC which replaces the disadvantaged area scheme.

YOu in suckling? Department seem keen to get folks into the new beef genomics and data scheme (I think that's what it's called). I hear lads complaining about it but to be honest I don't think the 6 conditions are that onerous and are what we should be aiming for anyway.

With all due respect you've left research on the topic very very late.

hi thanks for the info.
    i did apply [online] for the BPS application back in April. just into finishing beef...at the moment anyway...

i also applied for the National Reserve & Young Farmers Scheme around the same time...so i suppose time will tell if i'll get this grant for me slat shed :)

I rang today and they told me I am outside the time limit even though I am eligible to get one year of the young farmer top up, very disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Same as that, I'm out by a year. Really pissed about it to be honest as they always seem to have some reason why I can't avail of these schemes.
    Failed to get into Aeos
    Failed to get a sfp from national reserve
    Never fail to have 1 or 2 go down with TB every year

At this stage I'm thinking that this scheme reaks of age discrimination

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Corkfarmer

In the terms and conditions it says you need full planning permission when submitting your application. Planning takes a minimum of 3 months and the scheme is just open for 3 months. Surely you can submit the planning after that date?

I just noticed this article on agriland, pity it always has to be such a struggle before common sense and fairness hopefully wins out. Ó Cuív calls for reserved places for young farmers under general TAMS scheme
    http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/o-cuiv-calls-for-reserved-places-for-young-farmers-under-general-tams-scheme/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Sami23

Corkfarmer wrote: »
    In the terms and conditions it says you need full planning permission when submitting your application. Planning takes a minimum of 3 months and the scheme is just open for 3 months. Surely you can submit the planning after that date?

Can anyone answer this ?

My understanding of it is that if planning is required for your proposed works and you haven't applied yet then you are snookered. On a search recently I read an article on Agriland I think, published late last year advising young farmers to start applying for planning permission as it would be required. If the proposed works is in fact exempt from planning, a declaration of exemption is required from the council, this takes 6 to 8 weeks in my area I'm told. (edit: 4 weeks for a declaration but they can ask for a clarification which would delay things, just spoke to the planning dept.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭4odh4n

Sami23 wrote: »
    Can anyone answer this ?

where is September mentioned??, I have printed the T&C and section 1.4 says "scheme will come into operation as and from 28th May 2015 and will be closed for receipt of applications on 31st December 2020"

am i missing something else were it says september?!...

I can't find it on the terms and conditions either, 31st Dec 2020 is on that. I phoned the helpline and they confirmed that Tranche 1 of the scheme closes on the 28th of August 2015, Tranche 2 will open on the 31st of August I think etc. Why it is split up I am not sure, I assume there is some admin reason. Sorry if I panicked anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Is tams2 open to all farmers now or just young farmers under 40

Young farmers. The lady I spoke to this morning said it is expected to open to all farmers in July. She didn't seem certain though.

Anyone got a price on a new dribble bar for a 2k gallon tank? Proving hard to get a price

conseng wrote: »
    I can't find it on the terms and conditions either, 31st Dec 2020 is on that. I phoned the helpline and they confirmed that Tranche 1 of the scheme closes on the 28th of August 2015, Tranche 2 will open on the 31st of August I think etc. Why it is split up I am not sure, I assume there is some admin reason. Sorry if I panicked anyone.

This tranche is closing on the 18th of September. Trying to get planning in the next two weeks. Should just about make it if planning takes 6 weeks or so. Don't know but i'd imagine that tranche 2 will not open until next June again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭adne

Once get application in before sept and say get approved, is there a time frame that the work must be completed within?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭westlander

This tranche is closing on the 18th of September. Trying to get planning in the next two weeks. Should just about make it if planning takes 6 weeks or so. Don't know but i'd imagine that tranche 2 will not open until next June again.

The system still isn't up anyways it seems. I get this message:

"There is an issue with your details in the Department's Corporate Customer System. Please contact the Department."

westlander wrote: »
    The system still isn't up anyways it seems. I get this message:

"There is an issue with your details in the Department's Corporate Customer System. Please contact the Department."

I'll worry about that after the planning!

• Advertisement
Advertisement