Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Cleaners (All recent Threads are here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zorro262

Hi guys&girls do you know any good steam cleaners up to 400e?Im looking to get it for my business I will use it to clean floors/tiles/windows and things similar to this ;) I have a puzzi 100 for carpet cleaning and it was a good purchase so now im looking for a good steam cleaner ;). If you know any models that you would recommend please leave a comment.Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

The missus saw an ad for those 5 in 1 Shark steam mops and liked the look of them so I'm on a Christmas present hunt now! Did a bit of research and its selling for €134.99 in homestoreandmore. Is it really worth that?
    Saw this one on amazon-
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-Upright-Handheld-Steam/dp/B00BW3VYA4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1384704890&sr=8-3&keywords=steam+mop

Looks good,decent reviews but cheaper than the Shark. Anyone got recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

id go with the morphy richards been selling loads of them and no complaints anyone who buys them seems to love them

JASOND29 wrote: »
    id go with the morphy richards been selling loads of them and no complaints anyone who buys them seems to love them
    What price are you selling them for in your store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

there being sold at 89.95 in most electrical shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Zatt77

Hi,

I want to get a multi-purpose steam cleaner and could do spot cleaning on upholstery also like pillows, cushions and mattresses - is there such a thing!? I am willing to pay for a good quality one that will last.

I have read online that steam cleaning mattresses is a bad idea?

Any advice welcome! :)

Posted this over in Bargain Alerts-

Got an email from Amazon this morning about this Black &Decker steam mop,on sale for today only £69.99, reduced from £149.99
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Decker...TNsb0H206WC_tt

Was looking to get a steam mop and read that those Shark ones,in Heatons, are not great. So might get this or the Morphy Richards one which seems to have more positive reviews-
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richa...ords=steam+mop

IMO, Black and Decker would seem to be a better brand/build than Morphy Richards but I'm no expert on these things.
    Anyone any opinions on which of the two is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭mauraf

Something that would clean floors and grout in showers, etc etc - ie a good solid general steam cleaner! and not tooooo expensive....
    There is a clatter of them out there - all with mixed reviews....

Anyone have one they can recommend?

Maura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

just saw ad for the H2O x5 steam cleaner on tv and thought it was impressive as it comes with lots of attachments like the brushes, pads, duster, carpet attachment and window cloth with squidgy but looking it up online on amazon its has very bad reviews :(
    would also love some recommendations for a good steam cleaner that is multi-functional

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭batman1

Karcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭batman1

Karcher

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mogsmoo

Yes I'm sure Karcher woud be the best, but it is expensive I have H20 ultra steamer, and its Fabulous ,got all the atachments for cleaning everywhere, even hand held for windows ,I would rate this four and a half out of five ,Hope this was a help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There was a steam cleaner on special offer in the window in Argos Dun Laoghaire last week, the side window in the lane leading up to Bloomfield. It looked like a slim upright vacuum cleaner, might be a bit too big for cleaning grouting but certainly designed for cleaning floors.

Edit: this is probably it.... http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1224603.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8 martinb

I bought a karcher steam cleaner it was brilliant but the hose is plastic and after a few months it hardens and you cant use it had to bring it back. Same thing happened to the replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

Has anybody used the H2O X5 steam cleaner
    Any good ?

Advertisement