Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You've finally turned OAP :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I got this little license loser...

Yeah, looks like it could easily fall in between the two front seats. :mad: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭supue

Gave it a wash this morning
    IMG_3301.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Lovely wheels on that Audi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That's a nice car, and the garden looks well also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

brembo26 wrote: »

sold a 09 2.0 titanium with test to 2019 and a nice whak of tax plus xtras with it for 4700 last week..after a month for sale.a very clean car,low miler too. thought it would be snapped up tbh.nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

sold a 09 2.0 titanium with test to 2019 and a nice whak of tax plus xtras with it for 4700 last week..after a month for sale.a very clean car,low miler too. thought it would be snapped up tbh.nope.
    I know how you feel, i've been trying to sell a focus for the past month..:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Lovely wheels on that Audi.
    Nice to see something different to the usual RS copies alright. I'd say they're a b***h to clean though :eek:
    Titanium ... Mondeo? Focus?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GL scrappy

I got this little license loser off of davycc a few days ago. Its really really clean and original but the plan is to clean it up a bit more and do a few bits to it, service etc.

It looks very clean as is, I love it. If it's anything like its older sibling, the Signet/M80, should be quick in the 0-30km/h sprints.

Top Dog wrote: »
    Nice to see something different to the usual RS copies alright. I'd say they're a b***h to clean though :eek:

Titanium ... Mondeo? Focus?

Focus,was replying to brembo who was having trouble shifting his focus

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »

You sound like my Dad :D They're not bad actually, I use a wash mitt and the gaps are the actual perfect fit for my hand and clean up relatively easily.

I bought it second-hand after originally looking for those RS rims with an S-line spec - when I first saw the dealer pics of the car I wasn't sold on them, but seeing them in the flesh they're so much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

supue wrote: »
    You sound like my Dad :D
    :pac:

I've just had BBS rims in the past and always found them horrid to wash so when I see certain wheels I always shudder ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Always wanted one of these and i found a cheap one that needs work. This will be my little project for few weeks. Needs body work, front grille lose (might be a super glue job) and few misc jobs. I look forward to getting it on road

http://imgur.com/mvkMUvJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

vO42Vcgl.jpg

I39yHH2l.jpg

Oh look, it's suddenly unsellable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Took a spin up to Achill at the weekend..

IMG_5641.jpg

81a84d731ff16e52cfa6e087740adac0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

do you clean your odometer glass with brillo pad ? :confused:

24hr ban for quoting pics.

Oh look, it's suddenly unsellable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Carpentry wrote: »

Maybe he does, try it out on your day off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It's a flaw on the glass used for the odometers for that model Civic. They scratch far too easily. I know lads in England who actually had them replaced under warranty as simple cloths were leaving them badly marked. It's due to a non-reflective film that is over the top of the glass. It was the same on my car, so I removed the odometer and used a fish tank cleaner and a lot of elbow grease and removed the film. That was a couple of years ago, and there is no scratches on it since them, and I also haven't had an issue with reflections

Oops :D

It was heavily scratched when I got it, didn't know the whole design was so flawed (as below) but I certainly didn't do it. I might try to clean it up for when I sell it.

It was heavily scratched when I got it, didn't know the whole design was so flawed (as below) but I certainly didn't do it. I might try to clean it up for when I sell it.

i just spent 5 mins with some scratch remover cream and a microfibre and its like new on mine,albeit with a glare on the top of the windscreen in the dark. mine was worse than that when i got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I am very jealous of your working outside temperature gauge.

I am very jealous of your working outside temperature gauge.

Yeah well you have an engine that actually has forward momentum so bleh

Also note the cacophony of warning lights :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

just back after being ban. Apologize if I have offended you, didnt mean to. I was just shocked with the amount of the scratches, never seen anything like this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

just back after being ban. Apologize if I have offended you, didnt mean to. I was just shocked with the amount of the scratches, never seen anything like this before.

That's it, keep digging!!:P:pac::pac::pac:

Ah not at all, sure it is full of scratches in fairness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hi all,

Just been over to the Nordschleife for a week or more, only back today and the withdrawal symptoms are awful! Amazing place!

I would recommend anyone to go, even if you don't drive the track, go over for a race weekend just to see the atmosphere, 1000's of car people situated in a couple of towns surrounding the track!

426011.jpg

426012.jpg

426013.jpg

My target was to do the 21km in under 10mins, we done it and fastest lap from me was a 09:38, new plan is to go under 9 minutes next year :D

If you want to watch an onboard of it see below, it's a 09:55 lap with a yellow flag after the Karussell, some poor unfortunate chap had bounced his mini off the armco.

Oh and my reaction to the yellow and pipping the 10 min mark is NSFW!

One more time, everyone should go! :) Now I am off to buy a few of these photos off the photographer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If you went out on track without a passenger you would do quicker times. Also what type of car was that yellow one at 1:50?

If you went out on track without a passenger you would do quicker times. Also what type of car was that yellow one at 1:50?

I would for sure but I wanted to enjoy it with friends man :)
    It was an RS Clio, loads of them there!

YbFocus wrote: »
    It was an RS Clio

Oh right, it fairly shot by you.

You passed a few cars yourself which is good going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Nice one Peter

Oh right, it fairly shot by you.

You passed a few cars yourself which is good going.

My car is capable of an 8:20 but it takes a long time, some say 1000 laps to get used to the track to fully push safely on it. The video above was my 3rd of 6 laps and it was damp :)

The germans are insane fast for obvious reasons, I had an e46 m3 GTR come up behind me so quick it frightened me, in the space of 5 seconds in checking my mirrors he was waiting for me to let him pass!

Main thing is nobody is racing, you let the faster cars pass, the slower cars will let you pass!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That's class.

Some of you may remember the bangernomics Skoda that lots of people had a bad reaction to.

Three months ago, took a punt on it with a short NCT but with 6 months tax remaining.

It's been driven a bit, booked an NCT expecting the worst. Gave it a solid wash, fitted 2x capless bulbs, focused the lights and sent it in. It only went and passed first time.

New NCT and still taxed till November.

Car - €750
    Argos hub caps - €20
    NCT - €55
    Driving a 10 year old beige Skoda Fabia - priceless.

20170824_195154.jpg

Some of you may remember the bangernomics Skoda that lots of people had a bad reaction to.

Three months ago, took a punt on it with a short NCT but with 6 months tax remaining.

It's been driven a bit, booked an NCT expecting the worst. Gave it a solid wash, fitted 2x capless bulbs, focused the lights and sent it in. It only went and passed first time.

New NCT and still taxed till November.

Car - €750
    Argos hub caps - €20
    NCT - €55
    Driving a 10 year old beige Skoda Fabia - priceless.

They don't build Skodas like they used to...

Thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Basically making money

• Advertisement

They don't build Skodas like they used to...

Thankfully

Yeah, except that Skoda just passed a test with what appears to be no advisories so I imagine Skoda built that particular car quite well.

bear1 wrote: »
    Yeah, except that Skoda just passed a test with what appears to be no advisories so I imagine Skoda built that particular car quite well.

Er, yes... as evidenced by Toyotafanboi's post.

Er, yes... as evidenced by Toyotafanboi's post.

Whoops sorry I thought you were taking the piss :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

A pic from the Wild West.

https://imageshack.com/i/poMTtWpVj

MTtWpV.jpg

Neilw wrote: »
    A pic from the Wild West.

Nice alloys as well as car. I see you look after it will Michelin tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Daily driver for the summer:

426117.jpg

Daily driver for the winter:

xxl_kfz295501_kfz_295501_9.jpg

Daily driver for the wintery winter

422904.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Nice alloys as well as car. I see you look after it will Michelin tyres.

Thanks.

Tyres are overrated, there's no difference between Michelin and Chinese ditch finders bar marketing budget ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Driving a 10 year old beige Skoda Fabia

Beige?

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Beige?

That's what the logbook says :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hi all,

Just been over to the Nordschleife for a week or more, only back today and the withdrawal symptoms are awful! Amazing place!

I would recommend anyone to go, even if you don't drive the track, go over for a race weekend just to see the atmosphere, 1000's of car people situated in a couple of towns surrounding the track!

My target was to do the 21km in under 10mins, we done it and fastest lap from me was a 09:38, new plan is to go under 9 minutes next year :D

If you want to watch an onboard of it see below, it's a 09:55 lap with a yellow flag after the Karussell, some poor unfortunate chap had bounced his mini off the armco.

Oh and my reaction to the yellow and pipping the 10 min mark is NSFW!

One more time, everyone should go! :) Now I am off to buy a few of these photos off the photographer!

Quick question about the track, did you tell your insurance company about it? ;)

Also, how hard was it on the car. Been so tempted to take my car over for the laugh.

I'm on a roll with the NCT's. The Skoda yesterday and the Civic passed first time today, absolutely delighted with that!

The urge to move it on is now stronger than ever but it is so painfully dependable. Checked it over before the NCT and the boots on the drop links were all cracked so I replaced those, other than that I just gave it a clean. So now after 45k kms it owes me just 1x shock top mount and a set of drop links.

Sick I didn't do a voluntary early test now.

20170825_210232.jpg

Vicxas wrote: »
    Quick question about the track, did you tell your insurance company about it? ;)

Also, how hard was it on the car. Been so tempted to take my car over for the laugh.

Don't think any regular social & pleasure insurance extends to Race track driving, although you could push the pleasure element :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Don't think any regular social & pleasure insurance extends to Race track driving, although you could push the pleasure element :cool:

It's a toll road though, not a racetrack..

Cheensbo wrote: »
    It's a toll road though, not a racetrack..

ah, okay, was wondering why the "finish" didn't look like the start and why a car with a camping box on the roof rack was driving around it.

That looked amazing - fair play to you for the time considering the damp track, I don't think I'd have had the balls to trust my grip at some of those speeds! My biggest concerns with some of those tracks is someone not recognising you in the mirror as you're about to go by - is there a headlight flash or are you supposed to wait until they move off the racing line to go past?

What was the travel route over there, and how many days would you need at a minimum to do it? Asking for a friend in case the wife is reading :D
    Hi all,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement