Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,458 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It was no accident, he pushed her over. It wasn't like that jogger who ran into David Cameron, that was an accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

RubyGlee wrote: »
    Quite obvious what's happened.
    The jogger is a hired hitman possibly Russian. He's been watching his mark for a while now, got her routine down. Noted she walks this way to work every morning always at the same time.
    got himself the bus timetable and assumed the identity of an unknown jogger waiting. As this has to look like an accident he made a cunning plan. He hadn't accounted for the quick reaction from the bus driver because the usual slow older driver was off sick.plot foiled

Russian?? ..Putin and Trump have gone too far this time. The plot thickens, like a bowl of soup that's been left to sit for too long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    What a knob and a bully. Passed a big bloke seconds before. Hope he's caught. A self absorbed pi!ck.

In London, of all places, who'd have thought it? :rolleyes:

The man running doesn't even look back after it happens, if someone tried to trip you or if you accidentally hit off someone you'd naturally have a glance back at least. He didn't even break stride, which to me means he meant to push her and I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow premeditated. (but that's just me speculating)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Whoa. Just looked at the video again after viewing it eariler.
    Looks like he deliberately runs into her and pushes. Take the shadow on the pavement as a straight line. He is quite the distance away from when he passes the man.

What a weirdo and wan*er.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

mad muffin wrote: »
    I've watch this over and over. I don't think he pushed her at all. It appears to me, that the woman tried to trip the jogger as she walked passed. He raises his leg and she trips instead. I don't think he even realises how close her head was to becoming part of the road.

How can you come to that conclusion after watching it over and over? Like... I just..... HOW????

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

There are two sides to every story. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    So he should have pushed her out in front of another bus on the way back so he got both sides of the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think the man is Jason Bourne and the innocent looking woman is actually an assassin who's training helped her to keep her upper body vertical as she fell over thus avoiding falling horizontally onto the road and being crushed. As can be clearly seen in the video she was just about to knife him but Bourne's heightened awareness spotted her in time, took defensive action and ran on to avoid being seen by onlookers to the incident. On his way to the airport he eluded all cctv and shop security cameras which is why the police lost track of him and released the cctv footage to the media. My guess is that he's now either in Istanbul or Geneva, possibly Helsinki; a prediction based the data of his movements where he has been identified to have been long after he's traveled elsewhere. Highly unlikely we'll ever see or hear from him again, not in London at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I think this was an accident, the amount he changed his path was minimal and she was slightly closer to him than the guy before.

However, due care is always required when on a public street/path especially while running. He showed absolutely zero control in what he was doing and was so absorbed in his run, he caused the accident.

Deliberate or not, he is solely to blame for this, not sure what will happen him. He has probably dragged joggers name into the dirt with his arrogance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I've watch this over and over. I don't think he pushed her at all. It appears to me, that the woman tried to trip the jogger as she walked passed. He raises his leg and she trips instead.

The woman tried to trip the jogger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

LordSutch wrote: »

I've just heard that on the radio...is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

5734979db5d125e5113fd3a70b1d965f.png

Might be but only after he had run into her already she sticks a leg out.
    Normal reaction i guess when some one runs into you that you try to kick that person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

inforfun wrote: »
    5734979db5d125e5113fd3a70b1d965f.png

Might be but only after he had run into her already she sticks a leg out.
    Normal reaction i guess when some one runs into you that you try to kick that person.

She's mid fall there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

She moved across the path and he ran at her and pushed her, I think she was trying to hook him with her leg to keep herself up.

Police think he has a case to answer, baffled as to how it took three months to release the footage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

She's mid fall there.

Yes, that is after her pushed her and she is falling over to the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Yes, that is after her pushed her and she is falling over to the left.

Move that back a few frames and the leg is also going out before she's falling. I'd say that's where people are getting the trip angle from. He definitely veers towards her before any contact between either of them. So it's not like he was just jogging by and she decides to trip him. He's literally inches from her when he veers towards. So I'd say the kick out is defensive. We can't see if he shoulders her. That's an assumption too. I'd say there's more to it than it just being a random event.

Tried to grab his coffee more like it. Hence the understandable reaction of pushing her under a bus. The flaming nerve of her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Move that back a few frames and the leg is also going out before she's falling.

It absolutely isn't. She is the very definition of a woman minding her own business, going about her day.

Thats psycho behaviour from the fella and while I'm all for the rule of law, i feel only a beating from a van load of the boys would have any affect there.

She's mid fall there.

Yep. And might be trying to kick out to him in the progress.
    I know i would.

I have to admit. The man clearly moved to push her. The video is there to say it. And yet people refuse to see it. While I did try to be amusing I am shocked that anyone can see what happened for anything else other than what happened. First up our running friend with his coffee had lots of space on his runway. But he obviously veered. And pushed her. How many camera angles are needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I don't know that she's even trying to kick him as much as he would deserve it. If you get shoved to the extent where you lose your balance and fall over, the natural instinct is extending the leg that you've been pushed away from to try and rebalance yourself - that is an instinct that the body will pull mid-fall with little input from concious brain (arm is another for the same reason). He absolutely deserved to get kicked if she had had the frame of mind to risk herself to get a bit of revenge mid-fall but going by the next couple of seconds, it appears she was far more conscious of the danger behind her and her body reacts to keep her out of the road. While she was thrown a fair distance, a kick making a connection would more likely have launched her into the road rather than down the path, since they're abreast when the whole thing happens.

Yer man's an ass. She was just walking until a selfish nitwit nearly made himself complicit in manslaughter. Incredibly fortunate and no thanks at all to him that she and the bus driver had quick reactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

I can't believe people are saying she put her leg out to trip him it's as clear as day that she did not do this , and she was clearly not in his way there is no markers on the path it's just the shadow so she did not have to move out of his way , is there another video that I have not seen because this is clearly just a pure wanker that pushed someone for no reason

Tried to grab his coffee more like it. Hence the understandable reaction of pushing her under a bus. The flaming nerve of her

Very funny^

Looks to me like her foot shot out mid fall. A natural reflex as she fell backwards surely?

He needs to be questioned, that's for sure.

Very funny^

Looks to me like her foot shot out mid fall.
    To clutch him in a loving foot embrace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Take a walk over the east wall bridge at lunchtime if you you want to see c**tish displays of joggery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

January wrote: »
    So why didn't he push the man who passed by him, in the exact same position as the woman, less than 5 seconds before? Oh yeah, because he's not big and brave enough to push a man. ****ing prick.

The man and the woman are not in the exact same position. The man is on a narrow raised path (seen as a lighter area), the woman is on the same wider path as the jogger. The jogger probably thought the narrow path was the correct place for walkers, so left the man alone. In his mind the woman was in "his" area.

No excuse for what he did, total over reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Gerry T

In my opinion it was deliberate, for the simple fact that he didn't stop and go back to check how she was. Guy needs to be locked up.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

alf66 wrote: »
    The man and the woman are not in the exact same position. The man is on a narrow raised path (seen as a lighter area), the woman is on the same wider path as the jogger. The jogger probably thought the narrow path was the correct place for walkers, so left the man alone. In his mind the woman was in "his" area.

It's not a raised path, it's just the sun and the shade.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Danbo! wrote:
    I was in Marley Park a few months back with a buggy and there was a run on, but not on a closed route. There were about 300 of them running up a path towards us so I stepped in, shielded by a bench so as not to be in their way. The amount of tuts, “**** sake†and “MOVE†shouted was unreal, and even a few attempted shoulders dropped from some of them. They had to avoid the bench so I wasn’t in the way anyway, but there was a serious sense of entitlement from a lot of them.

If that was a Saturday around 9.30 then it was a ParkRun. Make a complaint to the organisers, these runners should know to give way to other Park users. One of the Edinburgh Park Runs was threatened with being shut down due to this type of behaviour.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement

There is nothing raised. That is shadow.
    They are both on the same path\level\whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭YourSuperior

Ugh, the jogger's act is clearly revolting, but these 'let's hope the perp is assaulted in prison' statements always strike a discordant note with me.

A really dark, but frequently deployed, sentiment. I don't get it.

Yeah I see it often. They also crave violence for their own reasons.
    Humans are violent animals. Without the courts system, we'd be launching feuds against each other. It's really about revenge at the end of it all.

So in terms of courtesy you tend to step aside rather than jostle each other out of the way. To jostle a walking woman into the front of an oncoming bus because she is taking up his space. And it is very clear that this is exactly the situation. She was walking in his running space. And he felt absolutely right in doing what he did. She should not have invaded his space. This was his space. So he pushed her aside. This is dog eat dog stuff. As a kid I wasn't very pleasant in the workplace but I grew up eventually. People, as a norm are ****heads as youngsters. They eventually grow up. It takes some longer than others.

As for the obvious push, ask yourself who really is responsible. This is our society. These are our people. They live under crazy stress. Nobody in their right mind would do what that person did, which says a lot about where we are at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

That's the shadow of the bridge parapet, not different colour paths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If that was a Saturday around 9.30 then it was a ParkRun. Make a complaint to the organisers, these runners should know to give way to other Park users. One of the Edinburgh Park Runs was threatened with being shut down due to this type of behaviour.

It's a plague on all public parks these days. I can't go for a walk in the local woodland park on a weekend anymore because there are groups of these bootcamp people flying around the place without any regard for children or other park users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I suggest you look at the video again. Carefully this time.

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    I suggest you look at the video again. Carefully this time.

Yes mother.....

Thanks. Will organise my annual eye test ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Yes mother.....
    And don't play with your food!

I've watch this over and over. I don't think he pushed her at all. It appears to me, that the woman tried to trip the jogger as she walked passed. He raises his leg and she trips instead. I don't think he even realises how close her head was to becoming part of the road.
    To clutch him in a loving foot embrace?

You & mad muffin really need to 'get it on' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

was it some of the lads on here reviewing the tape to work out who the manhunt should be for? no wonder it took 4 months to get released
    'if we go through it frame by frame, you can see a leg raised..'
    'they briefly tried to occupy the same space - the bus is irrelevant'
    'check the woman for priors, she must have previous with joggers'
    etc

• Advertisement

Wossack wrote: »
    was it some of the lads on here reviewing the tape to work out who the manhunt should be for? no wonder it took 4 months to get released
    'if we go through it frame by frame, you can see a leg raised..'
    'they briefly tried to occupy the same space - the bus is irrelevant'
    'check the woman for priors, she must have previous with joggers'
    etc

Probably just because it's a video, people want to see what no-one else has spotted yet. I'm sure at some point since it's been released someone's argued that she has a knife or something and the poor jogger was totally justified in shoving her away from him! :D

Also, what actually happened is almost unbelievable to watch - that someone would deliberately shove someone into danger (or even do it accidentally) and then just head on, paying no attention. It is so astonishingly against usual instincts for the majority of people that it's hardly surprising that people want to find reasons in the video, I suppose. Not really an excuse for seeing what isn't there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,690 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Samaris wrote: »
    Probably just because it's a video, people want to see what no-one else has spotted yet. I'm sure at some point since it's been released someone's argued that she has a knife or something and the poor jogger was totally justified in shoving her away from him! :D

Also, what actually happened is almost unbelievable to watch - that someone would deliberately shove someone into danger (or even do it accidentally) and then just head on, paying no attention. It is so astonishingly against usual instincts for the majority of people that it's hardly surprising that people want to find reasons in the video, I suppose. Not really an excuse for seeing what isn't there though.

nothing about it makes sense for sure, Putney is a well off area, the looks like he could be a solicitor. I hope he has seen the video, the guy will be a wreck until he comes clean or gets spotted

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    nothing about it makes sense for sure, Putney is a well off area, the looks like he could be a solicitor. I hope he has seen the video, the guy will be a wreck until he comes clean or gets spotted

There's another shot of the jogger that looks like it's from a camera inside the cab of a large vehicle, probably a bus given the angle. It's blurry, but it gives a pretty good shot of the man jogging alongside. I think he'll be recognised eventually from it. One can make out height, build, clothing, hair style and colour and general facial structure, even if the details are blurred. Even his style of running might be taken from it if someone knew the guy.

Well and truly deserves to be caught, I hope he's extremely nervous right about now even if ashamed is probably too much to hope for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Samaris wrote: »
    There's another shot of the jogger that looks like it's from a camera inside the cab of a large vehicle, probably a bus given the angle. It's blurry, but it gives a pretty good shot of the man jogging alongside. I think he'll be recognised eventually from it. One can make out height, build, clothing, hair style and colour and general facial structure, even if the details are blurred. Even his style of running might be taken from it if someone knew the guy.

Well and truly deserves to be caught, I hope he's extremely nervous right about now even if ashamed is probably too much to hope for.

If you knew him, you'd know him; as me mother likes to say.

41 year old man arrested, good result if they have the right person

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Jog him to death.

*maybe an over reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Didn't he circle back and have another go at pushing her?

Has to be some connection here between the parties.

when he is named his life is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I know its sounds crazy, but if this was a moment of madness I kind of feel sorry for the guy, his life will be ruined.

• Advertisement
Advertisement