Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that you're getting old

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

"If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain"

There are many versions of this quote and it has been attributed to several different people but I've noticed that it has started to apply to me in some ways.

When an age gap is something worth noting. The next rung on getting old is when the same age gap is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

What's the story morning glory?

🙈🙉🙊

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

bullpost wrote: »
    When you find records in your sons collection from your era that were totally naff back then, but now are as cool as f**k

Examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was never able to find a decent way to get rid of CDs or DVDs. You can recycle the cases and the paper inserts, but the yokes themselves have to go in the bin, which isn't very friendly at all.

Has anyone found a better way?

Nope...

I’ve got a PC with a big load of memory and ripped pretty much everything to my PC.

I’ve decided courtesy of this thread to get a few more storage boxes and load them all up , going to put everything into storage....In my parents attic...CDs are taking up a LOT of room, I literally haven’t opened a cd case in 3 years... spotify and my pc have everything... place would look aesthetically better without just oceans of CDs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

I was never able to find a decent way to get rid of CDs or DVDs. You can recycle the cases and the paper inserts, but the yokes themselves have to go in the bin, which isn't very friendly at all.

Has anyone found a better way?

charity shops still take them. even if you got rid of the boxes and only have them in CD wallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

When I saw Crime Call was on last night, I was excited to watch it.... help....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

^^^ Is that possibly a sign your a bit wierd rather than a sign you're getting old?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

^^^ Is that possibly a sign your a bit wierd rather than a sign you're getting old?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I've always loved backpacking. I go to Asia almost every year for a few weeks.

When I was younger I would see this one dude in the hostel, with grey in his hair, and I'd think "go to a hotel dude, you're too old for here".

Last time, I looked around the hostel bar, and had that moment "****, I'M that guy!"

That was a real "bruh" moment for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looking forward to retirement because you couldn't give a crap about climbing the corporate ladder any more.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

WrenBoy wrote: »
    When I saw Crime Call was on last night, I was excited to watch it.... help....

I watch old episodes on Crimewatch UK on Youtube.

Never miss Crime Call either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Strumms wrote: »
    so for about 30 quid a month, I can listen to whatever song, album or watch practically any film committed to celluloid....

you need to get over to the BA forum and see how to get Netflix/Tidal/YouTube premium for about €10-12 a month all in (family accounts, cheaper again if you go individual).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It hit me a few years ago when I was in town and all the junkies you see are all younger than you .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

ablelocks wrote: »
    you need to get over to the BA forum and see how to get Netflix/Tidal/YouTube premium for about €10-12 a month all in (family accounts, cheaper again if you go individual).

Thanks for the tip, didn’t know about that thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Your birthday card says " Happy 70th "

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Last time I was in the barbers, after asking if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed, he said, "I'll just give the hair in you ears a little trim while we're at it".......:eek:

Yes I go to a Turkish barber now so they can "flame the ears"!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

The retirement age will be over seventy by the time I get to retirement. Just inject me and sent my remains to the soylent factory when I'm longer economicaly viable.

Getting the reference to soylent!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

Strumms wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip, didn’t know about that thanks...

The poster is advising you to get over to the Bargain Alerts forum.

See, I’m young enough to be in on the cool lingo. Not old at all! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭dublin49

when you havent played a game of football since the mid 90's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Russel Crowe looks like a man approaching 90 ....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-55916630

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I would love a Volvo estate in brown.

That has to be a sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Your dentist is younger than you

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

You have to scroll down for ages to select your year of birth when filling out a form online

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Your priority when buying a car goes from "how fast can it go, and how cool does it look" to "what mileage does it do, and how easy is it to get in and out of"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

You have a stick in your garage specifically for stirring paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Be right back

When your co-workers weren't born when you did the leaving cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

You remember when this was all fields

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

When your co-workers weren't born when you did the leaving cert!

How about when your co-workers are technically young enough to be your kids. If you’d married young. Yikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Thread like this already exists. Merging now.

Advertisement