Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2019-20 #Mod Notes First post [Updated 24/07/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,975 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    #19*

FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So close to winning a General Prem thread, oh well Champions League spot anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

All 1130 tests negative in round 4 of testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Coutinho's agent seems to be shopping him around to the premier league heavily today.
    “We’re still waiting until the season finishes before we start talking about anything in terms of transfers,” he told Talksport. “I’ve always said he loves to play in the Premier League. He enjoyed his time very much and if the opportunity arises to come back to the Premier League, whether it be this year or in the future, he’s definitely looking at that.”

Please please some team come and get my client.

I remember when he went to Munich on loan their were quite a few saying he would be head and shoulders the best player in the league there.

Things really haven't worked out for him at all Barca now want €70m odd for him however clubs on want him on loan no one wants to risk being stuck with the Barca/Munich Coutinho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd take him on loan for sure.

If it's the PL though I'd say he's either going to Newcastle or Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is it the 17th yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Meeting on Thursday after which we should be closer to a fixture list.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/02/some-premier-league-clubs-face-three-matches-seven-days-fixture-list

Looks like some teams are going to have to accept that they will be on a Monday-Thursday-Sunday rota (kind of thing that the chairman votes for and then the manager protests about when it comes to pass).

Likely they are going to stick to the original fixture order (I thought they might combine fixtures where a team had say two trips to Manchester left, but it seems not).

Also up for discussion are substitutes (3 or 5) and neutral venues.

Meeting on Thursday after which we should be closer to a fixture list.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/02/some-premier-league-clubs-face-three-matches-seven-days-fixture-list

Looks like some teams are going to have to accept that they will be on a Monday-Thursday-Sunday rota (kind of thing that the chairman votes for and then the manager protests about when it comes to pass).

Likely they are going to stick to the original fixture order (I thought they might combine fixtures where a team had say two trips to Manchester left, but it seems not).

Also up for discussion are substitutes (3 or 5) and neutral venues.

I think the 5 subs in a max of 3 slots is going to happen, it will surely be pushed by the clubs facing 3 games in 7 days.

I could also see them allowing 9 on the bench instead of 7 for this reason.

That one is a dangerous precedent though for future seasons. I can see clubs saying why not keep 5 subs as the new rule if it works well and that will eventually benefit the bigger clubs with bigger squads.

Also would nearly remove the possibility of players lie Steve Staunton or John O'Shea playing the end of PL games in goal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

8-10 wrote: »
    Also would nearly remove the possibility of players lie Steve Staunton or John O'Shea playing the end of PL games in goal!

It wouldn't, no.

that is needed when a 3rd sub has been used. You'd still have used your 5th sub, or 3rd sub slot, for this to be the case. So makes no difference.

Bigger benches and more subs favours the bigger sides, so I can see it being a bone of contention, especially if people try to keep either next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'm surprised the liverpool players kneeled out of respect for George Floyd it was a really moving gesture, if it happened ten years ago I wouldn't be surprised to see the pool players wearing tshirts with the cop's face printed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

The changing of the subs from 3 to 5 should not be allowed. It literally changes the game that’s being played and for the most part favours the bigger clubs. Shouldn’t be allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Mick McGraw

PhilipsR wrote: »
    The changing of the subs from 3 to 5 should not be allowed. It literally changes the game that’s being played and for the most part favours the bigger clubs. Shouldn’t be allowed.

And not only does it favour the bigger clubs within games itself it favours them overall across a season because players who may have moved to a smaller club to get more game time have now got 2 extra chances to play each week and it increases the chances for big clubs to hoard players rather than players leave in order to get playing time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1268132502922825728?s=19

Amazon to show their 4 games for 'free'. Not sure what that means for coverage in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DM_7 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1268132502922825728?s=19

Amazon to show their 4 games for 'free'. Not sure what that means for coverage in Ireland.

They will be available on the prime video website to Amazon customers I'd say.. Ireland use the .co.uk site anyways for the most part so if you have an Amazon account, just click on the prime video part and you should be able to watch them there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/03/bournemouth-v-crystal-palace-likely-bbcs-first-live-premier/
    Bournemouth v Crystal Palace likely to be BBC's first live Premier League match

Exclusive: First fixture after lockdown looks like being Aston Villa v Sheffield United in a 6pm kick off on June 17

The BBC’s first ever live Premier League match is likely to be Bournemouth v Crystal Palace, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

The historic broadcast has been pencilled in for a Saturday night primetime slot at 7.45pm on June 20, subject to final ratification.

Telegraph Sport can also disclose that the first Premier League fixture back following the coronavirus crisis is likely to be Aston Villa v Sheffield United on June 17.

The game has been pencilled in for 6pm that day and will be broadcast by Sky Sports, which is also set to show Manchester City v Arsenal at 8pm.

Bournemouth v Palace could end up being the most watched Premier League game ever on UK television, breaking the record of 4.04 million viewers who tuned in to watch the Manchester derby on Sky in April 2012.

However, it could be trumped by the Merseyside derby the same match weekend, which Sky has already announced it will make available free-to-air and which could see Liverpool crowned Premier League champions for the first time.

The day and kick-off time of that game is pending confirmation on whether it will be staged at Goodison Park or a neutral venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Trigger wrote: »
    They will be available on the prime video website to Amazon customers I'd say.. Ireland use the .co.uk site anyways for the most part so if you have an Amazon account, just click on the prime video part and you should be able to watch them there

We use the uk site alright but unless your account is a UK one the football doesnt show as they dont have the rights here.

The people that were able to watch the games in December had to switch their accounts to UK ones.

We use the uk site alright but unless your account is a UK one the football doesnt show as they dont have the rights here.

The people that were able to watch the games in December had to switch their accounts to UK ones.

That's true enough, I have the UK one myself. I thought by free to air would mean that anyone with an Amazon.co.uk account would have access to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That's true enough, I have the UK one myself. I thought by free to air would mean that anyone with an Amazon.co.uk account would have access to watch it.

Not if your address is in Ireland on the account. That's the issue not which domain you use.

The issue is that Premier Sports normally have the rights to games that Amazon show so we'll see what they will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

2 weeks to go hopefully

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fixtures should be announced in the next day or so. it'll be nice to know when to look forward to again for football, albeit a bit of a weird experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Time to log back into the Fantasy football account.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not if your address is in Ireland on the account. That's the issue not which domain you use.

The issue is that Premier Sports normally have the rights to games that Amazon show so we'll see what they will do.

So all people would need to do is set up a UK address (address pal/PM) and change their region themselves to the UK?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So all people would need to do is set up a UK address (address pal/PM) and change their region themselves to the UK?

I think you have to get support to do it, but usually only takes a minute or so I believe. I haven't done it myself, but I know plenty who have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think people were getting Amazon to do it, just tell them you are back in the UK for work after lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

5starpool wrote: »
    I think you have to get support to do it, but usually only takes a minute or so I believe. I haven't done it myself, but I know plenty who have.

Yeah this is correct. Apart from the footie(which was great btw, great coverage and fantastic picture) you also get a bigger library.

I have that done anyways for my prime video account, but surely that is only if you have a primevideo acc, at least that is what the request is when you ask. You can by all means change to your region and address yourself on your normal Amazon account, so that may work for the FTA, especially if you use a VPN

Aston Villa v Sheffield United first game back

Bournemouth v Crystal Palace the first BBC game

Really testing how much we all missed the EPL during the past few months. Those fixtures should bring us back down to earth! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well Villa V Sheff Utd will be played before Man City V Arsenal in a double header.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement