Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant heating

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's been unbelievably stressful. I cannot say the fight has been worth it as the situation just keeps escalating and at the end of the day, you end up being like a solicitor..the RTB should be much stricter i think, the onus is on the tenant to be akin to a lawyer.

Yes they think it's their home that's the problem and I should just leave, but the LL was fine taking money from me all those years.

Very sorry to hear about your situation

Ah was a long time ago, but thanks....

I honestly would be in and asking them why the heating isn't on and why you can't control it as you are paying the bills.

I'd be recording everything to be honest.

They are obviously trying to push you out as you have stated yourself.

What do you see in store yourself as in are you looking elsewhere or will you stick it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

If there are no adjoining neighbours I might just develop a 24/7 obsession with death metal in similar circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm confused as to why they don't simply say they need the place back for family and evict (with correct notice) the OP if they're intent on getting them out.

I'm confused as to why they don't simply say they need the place back for family and evict (with correct notice) the OP if they're intent on getting them out.

Probably thought this would be quicker as with notice it could be anywhere like 6 months depending....

Shocking how a paying customer for years is treated as such....

I believe there should be much better laws in place for tenants and LL too.

This free ride rubbish has to stop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There really needs to be a deposit protection system in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

Well they are pretending they are taking it back for another sibling but I caught them advertising for higher rent...just trying to get rid to up rent. Ll moved the son in then n I already contested the first termination notice and won. It means I have to contest it again. Just to say, If they genuinely were taking back the premises I would have left.

The problem is, and I know I need to leave, where do I go? I will effectively be facing homelessness. Rents are extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OP; looking after yourself is the priority here. Please get an electric heater today? It is far too cold and damp to be living as you are; you need all your strength to fight this ********… Please? While the shops are still open

Graces7 wrote: »
    OP; looking after yourself is the priority here. Please get an electric heater today? It is far too cold and damp to be living as you are; you need all your strength to fight this ********… Please? While the shops are still open

Thank you...bought some. Great advice!

I know some are aware of my situation on here. The latest development is a large appliance came off the wall and almost fell on me. It was never secured in place.

Of course the LL is now trying to blame me and asking me to pay for damages. Can the environmental Health officer check these kind of thngs out? As it stands there is now an open live socket as the socket was pulled from wall...a health and safety hazard. LL refusing to do anything.

Yes I'm trying to move I was only there to pack my things. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Threads merged.

OP please stick to one thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I know some are aware of my situation on here. The latest development is a large appliance came off the wall and almost fell on me. It was never secured in place.

Of course the LL is now trying to blame me and asking me to pay for damages. Can the environmental Health officer check these kind of thngs out? As it stands there is now an open live socket as the socket was pulled from wall...a health and safety hazard. LL refusing to do anything.

It almost fell on you but didn’t, what type of appliance was it?

If it's unsafe then stay well clear, if you can isolate by tripping MCB at consumer board.

Are you getting out? If yes then most likely nothing will be checked or done.

What fell....

If it's unsafe then stay well clear, if you can isolate by tripping MCB at consumer board.

Are you getting out? If yes then most likely nothing will be checked or done.

What fell....

Yeah but it looks like they’re going to be hounded for ‘damages’ when they should really be getting a deposit back that they’ll never see. They’re lucky they have the OP there because a lot of people would absolutely destroy the place before they moved out after the behaviour, and you could hardly blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Take photos of where the 'appliance' was, how it was secured, what it was mounted on, the condition of the securing fixings, the wiring, everything. You are going to need this to counter any claim you damaged the item.

Seems a crazy situation. Get out of there as soon as soon as possible.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Take photos of where the 'appliance' was, how it was secured, what it was mounted on, the condition of the securing fixings, the wiring, everything. You are going to need this to counter any claim you damaged the item.

Seems a crazy situation. Get out of there as soon as soon as possible.

I've pictures and witnesses. The machine wasn't secured in any way. I filed today with the RTB. Just wondering should I get a plumber to come out to assess the situation?

Graham wrote: »
    Mod Note

Threads merged.

OP please stick to one thread.

Very sorry about that.

Advertisement