Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Spoke on the phone this morning and was told by them I was the forth call in a row this morning. She asked us to just give them a couple of days!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

So is it best to leave current application to update or to cancel and reapply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ramsvvss

Revenue website says it would be down for essential maintenance today from 6pm to 7pm, hopefully to apply the new changes to HTB. Can't post the url here, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 arelyn

ramsvvss wrote: »
    Revenue website says it would be down for essential maintenance today from 6pm to 7pm, hopefully to apply the new changes to HTB. Can't post the url here, though.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/news/articles/ros-availability.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 8 vinay

The updated amount of 30,000 is showing up after re-applying under Help to buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 arelyn

Confirmed, I cancelled my previous application and re-applied, got the maximum relief of 30K euros..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭coff66

Have just checked our current application and it says:

'Application max relief available:

€30,000.00'

Had not cancelled our application. Does this mean they have just updated all current applications and nothing needs to be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

Your max relief available:

€20,000.00

Application max relief available:

€30,000.00

Expiry date:

31/12/2020

So is it 20 or 30? had not cancelled my original application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pamtori

We cancelled our previous application and reapplied. And now we see:

Maximum relief available to group: €30,000.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

TheHulk wrote: »
    Your max relief available:

€20,000.00

Application max relief available:

€30,000.00

Expiry date:

31/12/2020

So is it 20 or 30? had not cancelled my original application.

Is it a joint application?

Does the other persons say

your max relief available.....
    And

Application max relief available....

If so then it’s 30,000!!

Best contact them to confirm though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

GarIT wrote: »
    I've gotten confirmation that is is. Any old applications for HTB have to be cancelled and you have to reapply to be evaluated under the new conditions.

Looks like existing applications got updated as well without cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

Rock77 wrote: »
    Is it a joint application?

Does the other persons say

your max relief available.....
    And

Application max relief available....

If so then it’s 30,000!!

Best contact them to confirm though

Joint yes.we just cancelled and reapplied. Says 30k in both fields now.very easy and efficient. Fair dues to them.

TheHulk wrote: »
    Joint yes.we just cancelled and reapplied. Says 30k in both fields now.very easy and efficient. Fair dues to them.

We didn’t cancel but our application has been updated to show the higher amount!! Happy days!!

To everyone else, don’t bother cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

Mine showed an increase without changing anything, but not the full amount. I cancelled and reapplied, full 30k eligible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Conrad83

I cancelled mine and reapplied and it is still stuck at 'under review' for myself and no issues with my partners application. I know I have no outstanding taxes as was previously approved.

Anyone else stuck at 'under review'? Hopefully will update itself but I've cancelled and reapplied twice and no change. The wait continues!

Spooch wrote: »
    Mine showed an increase without changing anything, but not the full amount. I cancelled and reapplied, full 30k eligible now.

Ooh I may try this so. Was approved for full 20k but now for 28k

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thekingof60

hi! wrote: »
    Ooh I may try this so. Was approved for full 20k but now for 28k

Anybody getting a system error when trying to get into the HTB section of the Myaccount to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I can log in and I can see max allowed has gone up but not amount available. Will give it 24 hours before cancelling and re-applying

Conrad83 wrote: »
    I cancelled mine and reapplied and it is still stuck at 'under review' for myself and no issues with my partners application. I know I have no outstanding taxes as was previously approved.

Anyone else stuck at 'under review'? Hopefully will update itself but I've cancelled and reapplied twice and no change. The wait continues!

We are in the exact same position were we cancelled and reapplied twice and same issue.

Does it show awaiting membership confirmation also even though the membership has been confirmed?

scoopmine wrote: »
    We are in the exact same position were we cancelled and reapplied twice and same issue.

Does it show awaiting membership confirmation also even though the membership has been confirmed?

Yes exact same issue for us! Hopefully it's just a glitch and will fix itself in overnight or in the morning. So frustrating when had already been approved and we were told to cancel and reapply.

• Advertisement

Yes exact same issue for us! Hopefully it's just a glitch and will fix itself in overnight or in the morning. So frustrating when had already been approved and we were told to cancel and reapply.

Hopefully very frustrating! We were told the same and have cancelled and reapplied twice. Had been approved for the 5% stressed that we should have left it!

scoopmine wrote: »
    Hopefully very frustrating! We were told the same and have cancelled and reapplied twice. Had been approved for the 5% stressed that we should have left it!

Exact same for us. Revenue seem to be giving out different information constantly which has caused a lot of confusion and stress. Once it gets sorted asap itll be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Does anyone know 100% for sure if you signed contract before July 23rd and the builder did not yet sign the contract, do you 100% qualify for the updated amount of 30k?

From what I am told the developer / other solicitor will use the contract date of the day they sign and upload to HTB but I am not convinced fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Trying to re-apply but get this:

We're Sorry…
    Something went wrong and we are having trouble processing your request at this time.

Please come back later and try again.

Error ID: htb:8219178853173992606

BaRcOe wrote: »
    Trying to re-apply but get this:

We're Sorry…
    Something went wrong and we are having trouble processing your request at this time.

Please come back later and try again.

Error ID: htb:8219178853173992606

Same must be a glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭islander35

Hi guys, just cancelled my application and reapplied and it went through immediately and is showing the €30k value now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CuriousKarl

Exact same boat but cancelled and reapplied after the Government announced the increase - haven't reapplied since yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

I was able to re-apply this morning and it updated and was accepted OK, BUT there is a discrepancy between me and my partners "Your max relief available:" After she accepted it.

Mine says 30K but hers says 27K. And we applied as a group obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalex15

We didn't cancel and our application was just updated to show max relief. Happy days now!

• Advertisement

BaRcOe wrote: »
    I was able to re-apply this morning and it updated and was accepted OK, BUT there is a discrepancy between me and my partners "Your max relief available:" After she accepted it.

Mine says 30K but hers says 27K.

Does it say ‘Application max relief 30k’

Then it means on her own she’s get 27k

On your own you’d get 30k

Together yis will get 30k!

Advertisement