Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comet NeoWise

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

spookwoman wrote: »
    Irish weather is testing, at least perseids are on the way

I can do a long range forecast right now that’ll be more accurate than Met.ie long range.

It’ll be wall to wall cloud from the 5th of August to the 19th of August :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

EDIT: Just a thought, but would the top of Killiney Hill around the Obelisk be high enough to counteract the city light pollution on a clear night like last night? Could walk up there from where I am!

Any kind of height will help but in terms of light pollution you will have to see when up there, no telling how good it will/can be :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There was a photo I seen of Neowise on a Facebook group taken in Wicklow looking into Dublin. The comparison of the sky will give a good indication of the quality from anywhere in Dublin.

109673595_3839815172702554_4745148105557483587_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=vLsi61HFQyAAX9FKftt&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=42bbb4fc1065c6b8188614aef9b3eac9&oe=5F423C37

credit: Katarzyna Wojciech Stypuła

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

There was a photo I seen of Neowise on a Facebook group taken in Wicklow looking into Dublin. The comparison of the sky will give a good indication of the quality from anywhere in Dublin.

Do you know the date of this pic? Very good in any case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

The Wicklow Mountains are fantastic for observing........unless you want to look at anything in the Northern Sky :D

Sucks to be a North County Dublin observer though as you lads and lassies need to make longer trip south to the Wicklow mountains to put Dublin behind your observing backs.

Just a 10 minute drive to the back of the Sugar Loaf for me in Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Do you know the date of this pic? Very good in any case

Can't recall but by the position/stars it was 19/20th

Advertisement