Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Seem's good, if I buy some now via auction, is that price locked in, or does it fluctuate throughout the day?

I think it will take something like 16k ETH to be put into the auction today for the auction price to be worse than the Uniswap price. And that ain't gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I think it will take something like 16k ETH to be put into the auction today for the auction price to be worse than the Uniswap price. And that ain't gonna happen.

Thanks, but does it lock in the price when I buy now

e.g. it's 1,368,274.11 AXN = 1 ETH right now

If I pay 1 eth, do I get that, or does it trickle down through the day and I get the final result?

Not familiar with these auctions, ta

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Thanks, but does it lock in the price when I buy now

e.g. it's 1,368,274.11 AXN = 1 ETH right now

If I pay 1 eth, do I get that, or does it trickle down through the day and I get the final result?

Not familiar with these auctions, ta

It all depends on how much ETH is put in. Undersold and you get your good bargain. Oversold and you bargain starts to get reduced.

Like I said, about 16k ETH needs to be put in for that to happen.

Don't forget to use a referral link for the extra 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

It all depends on how much ETH is put in. Undersold and you get your good bargain. Oversold and you bargain starts to get reduced.

Like I said, about 16k ETH needs to be put in for that to happen.

Don't forget to use a referral link for the extra 10%.

Just put in 1 eth using your referral.

Some action with Axion today. Over $10m volume on Uniswap (11th highest for the day, 7th when ETH and stable coins are not taken into account), plenty of sellers taking profit or potentially selling to get into the auction at a better price.

And there is 500ETH in the auction at the minute but I would be shocked if there will not be a lot of people watching the price with the intention of adding in late. Could easily see that number quadruple. No matter what way today goes the weekly auctions will make interesting viewing.

• Advertisement

I put 1.2 ETH into yesterday's auction and it is showing that my share is 2.4m AXN. That's over 100% extra on the current price through Uniswap.

My short term stake (12 days, 25m AXN) which expires next week has also earned just short of $130 in interest so far.

My longer term stakes have earned:

1 year stake (5m AXN) = $35
    2 year stake (5m AXN) = $41
    5 year stake (3m AXN) = $34
    15 year stake (2.5m AXN) = $59

These are some serious returns for 1 week, and don't even take into account the BPD payouts at the end of each long stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Might be a daft question but where do I see my staked axion. ?

I used the browser through meta mask. It shows two on deposit amounts at the bottom but just the dates. I can't see them on etherscan but nothing about interest etc.

Going to put a small but in to see our the auction works so will you post your referral link again I can seem to find it. Would like to give you the tip for all the help.

Might be a daft question but where do I see my staked axion. ?

I used the browser through meta mask. It shows two on deposit amounts at the bottom but just the dates. I can't see them on etherscan but nothing about interest etc.

Going to put a small but in to see our the auction works so will you post your referral link again I can seem to find it. Would like to give you the tip for all the help.

On the staking page you will see the date staked, end date, amount staked, BPD share, interest etc all in one column. It doesn't show on etherscan because technically the coins are burned when you stake them and when your stake ends the smart contract automatically remints your stake amount and your interest.

Here is the referral link but don't enter the auction until the next big one on Friday. The daily auctions are not as valuable and have been providing a worse rate than buying direct from Uniswap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

On the staking page you will see the date staked, end date, amount staked, BPD share, interest etc all in one column. It doesn't show on etherscan because technically the coins are burned when you stake them and when your stake ends the smart contract automatically remints your stake amount and your interest.

Here is the referral link but don't enter the auction until the next big one on Friday. The daily auctions are not as valuable and have been providing a worse rate than buying direct from Uniswap.

Was on my mobile I just had to swipe to move it and see the other columns lol.

Will hold off till Friday and jump back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I thought I put 0.5 ETH into yesterday's auction, and it's showing as 'in progress' in the auction page. I thought I paid about $2 yesterday in gas fees to make the bet. But when I opened my Metamask today it says my bet is pending (dated 21/11/2020). It's such a pain in the h**e. I think therefore I missed out on yesterday's auction weekly and am only in today's smaller auction. Too much messing about making transactions which are delayed, high fees - it's just not worth the effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Pdoghue wrote: »
    I thought I put 0.5 ETH into yesterday's auction, and it's showing as 'in progress' in the auction page. I thought I paid about $2 yesterday in gas fees to make the bet. But when I opened my Metamask today it says my bet is pending (dated 21/11/2020). It's such a pain in the h**e. I think therefore I missed out on yesterday's auction weekly and am only in today's smaller auction. Too much messing about making transactions which are delayed, high fees - it's just not worth the effort.

on the "my bets" area of the page what auction does it show?
    I entered yesterday's auction and it says in progress. going by YouTube it should change from in progress to withdraw at some stage today, then you can withdraw into the auto stake.

dougal0691 wrote: »
    on the "my bets" area of the page what auction does it show?
    I entered yesterday's auction and it says in progress. going by YouTube it should change from in progress to withdraw at some stage today, then you can withdraw into the auto stake.

Date: 21/11/2020
    AXN in pool 14,266,746,219.22
    etc..
    In Progress
    but in the auction list below it states that that amount of AXN in pool was for 20/11 auction

From the Axion team regarding claiming your auction purchase

You must withdraw the auction/bet after the auction is completed fully. This will then initiate the 14 day stake period.

Currently, some users are experiencing a user interface (UI) bug that doesn't showcase the withdraw button, and instead just showcases an in progress area. This is a bug that has been fixed on our development end, but has yet to be pushed to the public front end.

Users can initiate this withdrawal on our dev front here, temporarily, or until we push the fix publicly: https://axionpriv.rocknblock.io/auction

Please be aware that the gas fee for this transaction is more expensive than your usual transaction fee.

With this said, there are many UI updates in the works, that I'm sure everyone will be super pleased with!

Onward and upward. AXION

From the Axion team regarding claiming your auction purchase

You must withdraw the auction/bet after the auction is completed fully. This will then initiate the 14 day stake period.

Currently, some users are experiencing a user interface (UI) bug that doesn't showcase the withdraw button, and instead just showcases an in progress area. This is a bug that has been fixed on our development end, but has yet to be pushed to the public front end.

Users can initiate this withdrawal on our dev front here, temporarily, or until we push the fix publicly: https://axionpriv.rocknblock.io/auction

Please be aware that the gas fee for this transaction is more expensive than your usual transaction fee.

With this said, there are many UI updates in the works, that I'm sure everyone will be super pleased with!

Onward and upward. AXION

Thanks a lot for all your help and tips.. Still trying to use the other url to try and withdraw.. more expensive alright..never seems to process despite confirming withdraw step 3 times now..

So many UI bugs on their part.. doesn't inspire confidence.. at least I'm not committing big money to this..

Thanks a lot for all your help and tips.. Still trying to use the other url to try and withdraw.. more expensive alright..never seems to process despite confirming withdraw step 3 times now..

So many UI bugs on their part.. doesn't inspire confidence.. at least I'm not committing big money to this..

check the staking page. I tried withdrawing and when it finished it was still showing the withdraw button, but when I went to the stake page its shown there.

dougal0691 wrote: »
    check the staking page. I tried withdrawing and when it finished it was still showing the withdraw button, but when I went to the stake page its shown there.

It finally worked, I think..shows my opened deposit on 21/11 end date 5/12.. Principal is greater than shared.. should BigPayDay be 0 AXN? Hope this is right.

It finally worked, I think..shows my opened deposit on 21/11 end date 5/12.. Principal is greater than shared.. should BigPayDay be 0 AXN? Hope this is right.

BPD will be zero because your stake will not be live when the BPD date arrives next year.

Shares will be smaller than Principal, don't worry about that. It's only used as a calculation for interest.

When your stake ends you will receive your principal and the interest amount. The interest amount should update each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Tango One

I staked during the auction was there supposed to be some pay out?. One other question when do they plan to buy back with the proceed of the auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

How liquid is AXN? How long do you need to lock your funds in?

Tango One wrote: »
    I staked during the auction was there supposed to be some pay out?. One other question when do they plan to buy back with the proceed of the auction.

Go to the auction page, you will see your bid and a withdraw button. Click on withdraw and your AXN will be stakes for 14 days. You will see it move into the Staking page with total amount and end date.

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    How liquid is AXN? How long do you need to lock your funds in?

There is no requirement to stake for any period of time. You can hold and swing trade as much as you like. If you are staking, stakes can be for 1 day to 5555 days. Longer always pays better, especially if you have an active minimum 350 day stake when BPD dates hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Go to the auction page, you will see your bid and a withdraw button. Click on withdraw and your AXN will be stakes for 14 days. You will see it move into the Staking page with total amount and end date.

Whelo, I put a tiny amount of Eth into one of the auctions just to see what is all about. I am trying to withdraw the AXN and Metamask is quoting $672 gas fee - am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

BillyBoy wrote: »
    Whelo, I put a tiny amount of Eth into one of the auctions just to see what is all about. I am trying to withdraw the AXN and Metamask is quoting $672 gas fee - am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

It's an issue with metamask that this happens occasionally. You can manually adjust the gas within Metamask, and use ethgasstation.info to see the current suggested gas prices. Set the GWEI to their recommended amount, or maybe 5 above and set the gas price to 400,000.

Some recommended fixes for the problem is to clear your cache or log out from your metamask completely and relog in using your seed phrase.

I didn't bid during the auction only staked no option to withdraw. I thought there was some sort of pay put for staking

I didn't bid during the auction only staked no option to withdraw. I thought there was some sort of pay put for staking

how long did you stake for? it should show up at the bottom of the staking page under open deposits.

2 weeks just to cover the auction. I see interest but this would be from staking rather than any payout from the auction. Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

2 weeks just to cover the auction. I see interest but this would be from staking rather than any payout from the auction. Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong.

The interest includes the payout from the auction.

I staked for 7 days and received around 1.5% for that period.
    I'm going to repeat that process each week.
    If the interest stays at the same rate I will more than double my AXN in 1 year.
    Compounding turns 1.5% per week into around 120% per year...

Like Enda said, your interest includes what came from the auction. The biggest pay out (BPD) comes from the first BPD date in October 2021.

Compounding works nice but staking longer will ALWAYS pays better due to the share rate. It's in the mechanics of the project. You can't earn more by compounding short terms stakes.

You will also eat into a lot of profits from short term staking due to the gas fees for staking and withdrawing the stake continuously.

My extremely rough estimations (based on first 10 days of live figures) are telling me I will get aprx 30m AXN in interest/divs over the next 12 months (not including BPD payout). That's aprx $12k at current price.

If AXN goes to half a cent within this time, that turns into 150k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

The interest includes the payout from the auction.

I staked for 7 days and received around 1.5% for that period.
    I'm going to repeat that process each week.
    If the interest stays at the same rate I will more than double my AXN in 1 year.
    Compounding turns 1.5% per week into around 120% per year...

I thought the interest rate was fixed to 8% per year.
    So from what your saying its more like 100% per year?

Advertisement